Playing Squad - Summer 21

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Fervid said:

We got tore a new one today by a 42 year old. Danns at 38 seems that little bit more respectable lol

I couldn’t actually believe Ellison was still playing, said to the guy next to me when he came on “he must be at least 50” and I wasn’t far off 

fair play to him - clearly keeps himself fit and seems to have scored against as for as long as I can remember 

2 hours ago, mick26 said:

No I saw McGahey plus this lad was black!!!

Only saw him from behind but possibly Samuels from Wolves.

Of course it could also have been a "frenchlad"!!!

A”frenchlad”…..if we had signed Cisse when Orient did would he have been a “ frenchlad” rather than the good signing we have made now ?

19 minutes ago, Unmasked said:

A”frenchlad”…..if we had signed Cisse when Orient did would he have been a “ frenchlad” rather than the good signing we have made now ?

No because Cisse played against us for MK Don's in league one and made a fair few appearances for them before moving to Orient.

N.B. "frenchlad" is an accepted term on OWTB for random players of any nationality who usually turn out to be crap 👍.

1 minute ago, mick26 said:

No because Cisse played against us for MK Don's in league one and made a fair few appearances for them before moving to Orient.

N.B. "frenchlad" is an accepted term on OWTB for random players of any nationality who usually turn out to be crap 👍.

Don’t feed it - just the latest pseudonym of madge 

10 hours ago, mick26 said:

Fair enough Cisse is not crap “frenchlad “ because he has made a fair few league appearances. Does the same dispensation then apply to Segbe Scylla Missilou Branger Nepo, Fage Diarra Placide Maouche Badan Bahamboula Zeus etc and if it does does that vindicate Mo’s recruitment policy?

Heard tonight that the issue with Leutwiler and Hope is the length of their contracts which as we are under embargo should have only been for 1 year. Also McGahey expected to be out injured for at least 6 weeks. Good news Clarke should be back for weekend.

1 minute ago, oafcforever said:

Heard tonight that the issue with Leutwiler and Hope is the length of their contracts which as we are under embargo should have only been for 1 year. Also McGahey expected to be out injured for at least 6 weeks. Good news Clarke should be back for weekend.

so the club lies to us again?

yay

Trust/foundation fancy doing your jobs and chasing this or are you just going to plug us for lottery money? 

32 minutes ago, oafcforever said:

Christ all mighty. 

How the fuck do you give a contract that isn’t allowed under embargo rules?  Not once- but twice!! 

More worryingly- how do the club resolve that? If a player has got a two year deal- are we now tied into paying two players for a year that they can’t play?? 

39 minutes ago, oafcforever said:

Hadn't they already signed before the embargo came in?

51 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

so the club lies to us again?

yay

Trust/foundation fancy doing your jobs and chasing this or are you just going to plug us for lottery money? 

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Christ all mighty. 

How the fuck do you give a contract that isn’t allowed under embargo rules?  Not once- but twice!! 

More worryingly- how do the club resolve that? If a player has got a two year deal- are we now tied into paying two players for a year that they can’t play?? 

14 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Hadn't they already signed before the embargo came in?

I repeat - the trust/foundation lottery pluggers are on here as is the board reps son so quick to post when he thinks his dad is being criticised 

and I include @BPAS in this now

TRUST WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?? 

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I repeat - the trust/foundation lottery pluggers are on here as is the board reps son so quick to post when he thinks his dad is being criticised 

and I include @BPAS in this now

TRUST WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?? 

It’s got nothing to do with the trust and certainly not the new directors who only met each other last week. 

None of them handle player contracts or have any decision making responsibility at the club.  The trust have never, and will never get answers. It would be like me or you ringing the club and asking for an explanation. 

It’s just amateur hour at the club again. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

It’s got nothing to do with the trust and certainly not the new directors who only met each other last week. 

None of them handle player contracts or have any decision making responsibility at the club.  The trust have never, and will never get answers. It would be like me or you ringing the club and asking for an explanation. 

It’s just amateur hour at the club again. 

They have a man on the fucking board mate 

14 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

They have a man on the fucking board mate 

I know. 

But it might as well be me or you for the knowledge they have, or crucially are privy to. 

The seat needs resigning. (Keep the 3% for the bits the trust is legally entitled to see)  The rest is an utterly pointless position, which is paid lip service. 

The only way a trust works is when they run the club- like Exeter. Not when it’s a tiny stakeholder being patted on the head by an egomaniac. 

I presume the contracts are Mo or Karl’s remit. . . say no more. 

11 hours ago, oafcforever said:

I'm not doubting you and have no reason to dispute the tweet about the keeper, but surely we aren't amateur enough to have got this so wrong over the two signings...

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

I'm not doubting you and have no reason to dispute the tweet about the keeper, but surely we aren't amateur enough to have got this so wrong over the two signings...

Hope only signed for the season with a one year option so surely that doesnt' count in the embargo. Anyway I thought it referred to loan players only?

26 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hope only signed for the season with a one year option so surely that doesnt' count in the embargo. Anyway I thought it referred to loan players only?

During a Transfer Window

Clubs can ‘staff up’, so they have 23 players of Professional Standing within their squad.

Clubs are only permitted to ‘staff up’ by signing players on loan or players not registered with another Club.

Clubs cannot pay fees to acquire loan players and cannot pay additional wages on top of the salary the player receives at their parent Club.

Clubs ‘staffing up’ may only register players until the end of the current Season, whilst loan transfers can only be for half a season.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/embargoes-faqs/

15 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

During a Transfer Window

Clubs can ‘staff up’, so they have 23 players of Professional Standing within their squad.

Clubs are only permitted to ‘staff up’ by signing players on loan or players not registered with another Club.

Clubs cannot pay fees to acquire loan players and cannot pay additional wages on top of the salary the player receives at their parent Club.

Clubs ‘staffing up’ may only register players until the end of the current Season, whilst loan transfers can only be for half a season.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/embargoes/embargoes-faqs/

That's what I meant Hope signed for one season the keeper for two.

Instead of going out on loan can't the keeper be on the same terms as Hope i.e another years option.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Interesting. You do wonder if they were pinning their hopes on Bam being sold as way of getting embargo lifted. Do the solidarity payments land soon?

Thought the embargo had been lifted?

Archived