Playing Squad - Summer 21

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If he's not enough money to run the club the EFL should turf him out and put the club open to offers with the finances to sustain  at least 5 years.

Not sure how many owners have enough money to run their clubs .

35 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Good move to gain experience.......it worked with George.

8 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Right move for him at this stage.  He needs to play against open age teams now if he's going to make the jump to our first team 

For context he is going on loan to NPL Wilton Albion at  pretty much the same age as Harry Clarke came to League One and he is older than some of England’s Euro squad

He's going to gain experience playing against men which he can't get here as we don't run a reserve team.

I don't know how many tiers Witton are below us but it can't be much difference between us and the premier league.

As for his age, centre halves mature more slowly than forwards or midfielders, and off the top of my head only Sako and Bellingham are his juniors.

48 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He's going to gain experience playing against men which he can't get here as we don't run a reserve team.

I don't know how many tiers Witton are below us but it can't be much difference between us and the premier league.

As for his age, centre halves mature more slowly than forwards or midfielders, and off the top of my head only Sako and Bellingham are his juniors.

There is no great issue here but Tarky and Hamer and CBJ were playing first team football at his age as was Harry Clarke . All defenders. Witton Albion are part time and play in a league where teenagers are commonplace . As I say no issue with the loan other than it shows how far off he is 

21 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I have to say our media team are amazing at writing up the new signings as if we have just signed Messi 

Welcome Jamie

Still wish we could play our number 1 and number 9

Yeah they really do oversell it don't they.

"Most recently, Hopcutt was with Israeli side Hapoel Kfar Saba and showed his attacking prowess throughout his appearances in their top-flight"

wiki he says he played 10 games and didn't score.

"Although they were beaten over two legs by Arsenal, they actually beat the Gunners at the Emirates in the first encounter with Hopcutt receiving global recognition for his sensational performance"

Global recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean good luck to the lad,  he might prove to be a decent signing don't get me wrong he can't be any worse Blyth who the official site described as

"The 6'3" striker has had several permanent suitors over the past few years including Motherwell, Barrow and Macclesfield Town and he implemented his dominance in aerial battles"

In 70 minutes last Saturday he didn't win 1 header. Still the shirt looked good on him.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yeah they really do oversell it don't they.

"Most recently, Hopcutt was with Israeli side Hapoel Kfar Saba and showed his attacking prowess throughout his appearances in their top-flight"

wiki he says he played 10 games and didn't score.

"Although they were beaten over two legs by Arsenal, they actually beat the Gunners at the Emirates in the first encounter with Hopcutt receiving global recognition for his sensational performance"

Global recognition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean good luck to the lad,  he might prove to be a decent signing don't get me wrong he can't be any worse Blyth who the official site described as

"The 6'3" striker has had several permanent suitors over the past few years including Motherwell, Barrow and Macclesfield Town and he implemented his dominance in aerial battles"

In 70 minutes last Saturday he didn't win 1 header. Still the shirt looked good on him.

🤣🤣🤣

Archived