Playing Squad - Summer 21

Simply basic cock ups from staff who should know better. You have to clue up on the EFL regulations and all things relating to registrations .

Being under Embargo places a lot more restriction than many might imagine.

Slip ups with contracts just should not happen. The EFL will not allow registrations in certain cases so I just hope it gets sorted quickly. I suspect under contract law the players will still need paying, hence panic and the need to perhaps move them on.

Perhaps the Trust Representative can enlighten us with the truth. It ain’t going to come from anywhere else.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Haven't seen or heard anything to suggest it has.

Didn't someone who was at the meeting with KC, say that KC said it was now sorted. Perhaps Leutwiler signed before the loan was repaid when we were still under embargo, which shouldn't have happened.

3 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Simply basic cock ups from staff who should know better. You have to clue up on the EFL regulations and all things relating to registrations .

Being under Embargo places a lot more restriction than many might imagine.

Slip ups with contracts just should not happen. The EFL will not allow registrations in certain cases so I just hope it gets sorted quickly. I suspect under contract law the players will still need paying, hence panic and the need to perhaps move them on.

Perhaps the Trust Representative can enlighten us with the truth. It ain’t going to come from anywhere else.

If you're somebody posing as Barry Owen I think this is pretty awful because you are basically slinging mud in his name.

If on the other hand you are Barry Owen then you need to look in the mirror because you are in no position to start lecturing the current Trust representative on the board of a lack of transparency or about cock ups. Because you were front and centre of all the cockups that have gone on for the last 16 years at the football club and are now blaming everyone else, and you are confirming everyone's worst thoughts about you.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Didn't someone who was at the meeting with KC, say that KC said it was now sorted. Perhaps Leutwiler signed before the loan was repaid when we were still under embargo, which shouldn't have happened.

Yep. I was there and it isn't something that has been misconstrued. He was asked by a fan if the embargo had been lifted and he told us it had. Evans apparently told PTB the following day we were still under it though...

The EFL embargo also stipulates the max wage for league 2 is £800 whilst under the embargo. Could be why we have missed out on players to non league clubs. I'm surprised Hope didn't command more than £800 a week.

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Yeah, that's kinda my point. It was obviously ratified by the EFL because he played on Saturday. Our keeper is still sat in the stands...

Current keeper Rogers says he's training with Leutwiler so why he's in the stand instead playing or on the bench is very strange.

This club is run like the Kremlin though so information is nil.

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Current keeper Rogers says he's training with Leutwiler so why he's in the stand instead playing or on the bench is very strange.

This club is run like the Kremlin though so information is nil.

If @PeteGis correct and if we are still embargoed, then that could explain it. No way is he gonna be on less than 800 bags a week...

18 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Scunthorpe are under the same embargo we were supposed to be under and signed a player on a two year deal and he played on Saturday...

https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2021/july/united-sign-tyrone-oneill/

there is nothing on the EFL page to say that he terms of the embargo are identical

It just shows the stupidity in taking out the loan just to try and save a bit of his own money.

The loan should have been paid back before the transfer window opened. If AL didn't have the money, then how can he possibly come up with the cash he has told the fans rep. he has, to buy the stadium

11 minutes ago, al_bro said:

It just shows the stupidity in taking out the loan just to try and save a bit of his own money.

The loan should have been paid back before the transfer window opened. If AL didn't have the money, then how can he possibly come up with the cash he has told the fans rep. he has, to buy the stadium

If he's not enough money to run the club the EFL should turf him out and put the club open to offers with the finances to sustain  at least 5 years.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

If he's not enough money to run the club the EFL should turf him out and put the club open to offers with the finances to sustain  at least 5 years.

Yep, they'll rewrite the rules just for us

Archived