Playing Squad - Summer 21

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Well I've not got as far as you, just 300 miles but I'm chancing it on Saturday, just have a feeling we will have a good season.

Just a cock stride for me, 200 mile round trip. Bring it on.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I can safely say I won't be doing the 450 mile round trip very often this season!

And there isn't a snowball in hell's chance I'll be doing a 400 mile round trip. I'm not that arsed about a 20 minute drive to Bristol Rovers. I'll probably do it, but only because it's so close to home.

3 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Listen we are not in the market for Bentley's were in the market for solid alround Volvo's with the odd RS2000 thrown in.

Overthinking what goes on inside our club is a torture on the mind, I / we can't change behind the scene crap, I've said before, it needs someone with lots of money to lose and the right connections.

I'll stick to watching the team and hope that someone appears and saves us from the clowns, then those who never experienced the Royle era get something to cheer about sooner rather than later.

Its football to me, I love it but its just football.

We haven't got any money no shit!

Neither did Morecambe Cambridge or Cheltenham how did they do last season? We don't need a Bentley to get out of this division we just need a volvo that's slightly better than the others ideally with a slightly better driver.

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

He played 4 times last season for Grantham Town has not made 20 appearances in his career and he's 24 some players have 200 appearances under there belt by that age. Barrett and Warhurst joined when they were much younger. By the same logic if we signed a player who had just bagged 20 goals last season then they shouldn't be excited either. So yes people can form views on players they haven't necessarily seen in am Oldham shirt.

Having said all of that he appears to have impressed in his trial period and the comments from Curle suggest he's a signing he approved off and he has a good attitude so let's see. His career to date would suggest caution, but he has clearly made enough of an impression to get a deal ahead of a number of other trialists.

I agree. Let's give him a chance. The lad appears to have a lot of problems (injuries, covid and managerial changes). He's been brought through a reasonably good academy, and they clearly saw the potential in him for a long time, and now i reckon he might have the hunger and motivation to prove himself.

I always remember Mark Ward joining from Northwich Vics. He'd been released by Everton. Went on to be an excellent player for us, West Ham, City and back to Everton. Of course, it was a pity about his drug dealing and 8 year sentence, but that besides the point.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

We haven't got any money no shit!

Neither did Morecambe Cambridge or Cheltenham how did they do last season? We don't need a Bentley to get out of this division we just need a volvo that's slightly better than the others ideally with a slightly better driver.

Well said that man.

4 hours ago, parigby said:

So who's in goal on Saturday ?  Is it one of the following : Trialist A, B ,C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y or Z

Isn't our first choice back now?

As of a day or so ago, l thought his team were still in the competition, but even if l am wrong (quite likely ), then won't he have to isolate for a period of time  / or if not, is KC going to take the risk of playing him without him having any time to acquaint himself with a new defence ?

19 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Wow, I think there is gojng to be a decent crowd on Saturday, not just with us but across the leagues, people have missed the Saturday experience. I was blowing hot and cold for football a couple of months but now can't wait to be at Boundary Park on Saturday .. I need sectioning 😀

Went to a non league friendly on Tuesday night, Whitby v Shildon. 291 there.  People were as giddy as kippers and throwing money at everything. 50/50 draw landed £121. I know there's more commitment  at non league level but you might be right, people have missed it. I even took a photo of the floodlights for gods sake.

14 minutes ago, parigby said:

As of a day or so ago, l thought his team were still in the competition, but even if l am wrong (quite likely ), then won't he have to isolate for a period of time  / or if not, is KC going to take the risk of playing him without him having any time to acquaint himself with a new defence ?

He is back and available on Saturday...

3 hours ago, astottie said:

Went to a non league friendly on Tuesday night, Whitby v Shildon. 291 there.  People were as giddy as kippers and throwing money at everything. 50/50 draw landed £121. I know there's more commitment  at non league level but you might be right, people have missed it. I even took a photo of the floodlights for gods sake.

There certainly seems to be a buzz amongst football fans for the start of the new season, lifeblood of the game is lower league football and it needs preserving. Yes I know not everything is ideal at the club we are reminded of this daily 😴.. But we are still here , bills are being paid players and staff are being signed (not cheap) new pitch, new kits, opening of the North stand, a blind man can see that  money is being invested into the club..anyway less of that roll on saturday🙌

20 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

How long will that take you ? Must feel like a lifetime going home after a defeat

2 hours to get home.  And after a defeat it is not very pleasant. However, the immediate 2 hours after a defeat is not great whether sat in a house in Oldham, or driving up the A1. 😥 

Archived