Playing Squad - Summer 21

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

As he's not played a professional game yet he might not be classified as being of 'professional standing' 

Doesn't playing in a friendly count?

35 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Blyth is proper bargain bin stuff looking at his record. Released by Alty last season. Suppose we just need to bulk up the squad 

Seems injury prone.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I really can't say I'm excited about any of our business today maybe Bowden and ouse might be ok but when I say ok I mean might help us survive relegation ok. The rest just smack of desperation.

Agree except for Bowden - I think he will be far more than ok - Spurs rate him highly and they’re no mugs when it comes to producing talent 

24 minutes ago, latics22 said:

These signings have sucked out any hope I had, it’s like we have just signed anyone available who is cheap as chips. Anther long dull depressing season ahead I fear.

We are no worse off than many in this league.

Bowden is a good signing, although he might take a few matches to get up to speed given his age.  Glad it's a full season loan.

Cisse will bring strength we've been lacking, although he's not one to bomb around the pitch.  Again, fills a weakness we had

Rogers is at least a professional keeper to keep Leutwiler on his toes and did well in trial games.  Better than relying on a 15 year old as previously.

Don't get the signing of Blyth at all, I'm sure we could've done better.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Another player signed, awaiting international clearance.

Might be Danns (bit your hand off 10 years ago).

Noticed Mo had someone sat next to him who looked like a player. Did anyone get a better look?

7 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Might be Danns (bit your hand off 10 years ago).

Noticed Mo had someone sat next to him who looked like a player. Did anyone get a better look?

Someone said McGahey was in the director's box. Could it have been him?

10 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Someone said McGahey was in the director's box. Could it have been him?

No I saw McGahey plus this lad was black!!!

Only saw him from behind but possibly Samuels from Wolves.

Of course it could also have been a "frenchlad"!!!

8 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Squad numbers 

bidding must have been shite as they all have the same numbers they’ve worn for the whole of pre season

Anyway 25 on that squad list. I thought even the young lads counted towards squad limit of 22 if they'd played 1 first team game?

Hopefully 2/3 decent loans to come in but some will need shipping out to make room.

38 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

He was at Halifax last season...

Yep, before a spell in Wales.

As Connah's Quay Nomads was his last club, we need the Welsh FA to clear his registration to England's FA before her can play for us.

4 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Yep, before a spell in Wales.

As Connah's Quay Nomads was his last club, we need the Welsh FA to clear his registration to England's FA before her can play for us.

Ah really, thought Fax had only released him in the summer...

Archived