MATCH: vs Stevenage (H) 02/04/21

38 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Yet when a poster suggests protesting about the shocking way the club is run you suggest there’s nothing to protest about and we’re just a rubbish League 2 side.

Protest all you like, it won't change anything. The owner will go when he gets an offer to buy or he decides to hand the keys in. And who the fuck wants to buy a club in our state.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Trouble is that the ‘case’ they put forward is to call the others ‘scabs’... 😮

Only a very small number of people use those sort of terms and they're wrong to do so.

22 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Protesting about just being shit and not winning very much isn't going to get much traction in the wider world I'm afraid.

It might not work but like I said it's the best way to channel supporter dissatisfaction and keep the 3 main groups of fans happy.

- Supporters who don't want to give the club money won't be doing so.

- Supporters who want to watch the team can do so.

- Those who want a protest of some sort can have one.

Put forward a better solution then bro the floor is yours.

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Protesting about just being shit and not winning very much isn't going to get much traction in the wider world I'm afraid.

Do you really think any protest would just be about being shit?.....have you been hibernating?

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We're already three home losses into a new record. 

Really? Wow. I thought our illustrious commentators said we were on the brink during the Exeter game.

That's shocking and obviously a sad reflection of where we're at. 

Worst every home record! Sums it all up.

11 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Do you really think any protest would just be about being shit?.....have you been hibernating?

What's it about then? Don't start talking about off field stuff, we see after a few wins that very few people care about that.

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It might not work but like I said it's the best way to channel supporter dissatisfaction and keep the 3 main groups of fans happy.

- Supporters who don't want to give the club money won't be doing so.

- Supporters who want to watch the team can do so.

- Those who want a protest of some sort can have one.

Put forward a better solution then bro the floor is yours.

If you are still attending at this point then it can't really get much lower in terms of level of shitness can it? There aren't 5-6 thousand fans out there just waiting for things to get better, they've gone, never to return.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If you are still attending at this point then it can't really get much lower in terms of level of shitness can it? There aren't 5-6 thousand fans out there just waiting for things to get better, they've gone, never to return.

So you haven't got a better solution then?

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:
2 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think you’re way off the mark there.....I had a ST for years until this lot turned up! I picked my matches up until Covid but won’t return again until they are gone.

Once they’ve gone I will consider coming back just like many other fans will however I cannot contribute to this shit show any longer.

If you are happy, fair play, that’s up to you!

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

What is it you want? New owners? Fine. Show potential owners there is something worth investing in. Staying away and shouting and crying that you deserve better achieves nothing. And 2000 will always turn up regardless.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He thinks fans should channel their anger into spending their money on season tickets and filling the stadium to make us look like an attractive proposition to buy.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Protest all you like, it won't change anything.

There is absolutely no harm in protesting, you don't have to back it - similarly, you don't have to discredit it.

1 minute ago, ShireBlue said:

He thinks fans should channel their anger into spending their money on season tickets and filling the stadium to make us look like an attractive proposition to buy.

If you think an owner wants in on a club with 2000 coming through the gate then fine. We've attracted one new owner in 20 years. Ask yourself why.

Just now, Matt said:

There is absolutely no harm in protesting, you don't have to back it - similarly, you don't have to discredit it.

What is it we're supposed to be protesting about Matt? We're not a Blackpool, we're not a Coventry, we're not a Bury.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What is it we're supposed to be protesting about Matt? We're not a Blackpool, we're not a Coventry, we're not a Bury.

How the club is run? I guess it's not beyond the understanding that an Oldham Athletic 'fan' (although they have absolutely no right to be shown, or to have a steer on the internal workings of OAFC) might be just a little upset seeing their club being slowly managed into the ground by incompetence. Fans are emotionally invested if nothing else, in football that means an awful lot. I don't know, are fans happy with the situation?

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We’re not a Blackpool but could definitely be a Coventry or even a Bury in the not too distant future!

Archived