MATCH: vs Stevenage (H) 02/04/21

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think blaming Curle would be harsh, he has brought more structure to the team and has now realised that our players are not consistently good enough, something he has had to find out in just five weeks, we have seen them all season!

oddly there have been some very good away performances, football wise if not the results, under Curle but these players won’t and can’t do it regularly enough to mount a challenge. Not Curle’s fault we have no forwards. Our home form however, both results and performances has been abysmal, why is that? Surely 2,500 home fans can’t make that much difference, and what happened to watering the pitch? all footballers prefer a wet surface.

Anyway, he now knows what we need for next season and also who we don’t, something we wouldn’t have if we appointed at the end of the season.

if he is allowed to get who he wants he’ll stay, if not then he may not. I for one hope he does.

This discussion is pointless....you can blame the tactics, the players, the coach or a combination of all three. 
We have in the main, a squad of very poor players who are simply not up to playing as a team at this level.

Until these 🤡🤡’s are out of the club and investment and recruitment improves nothing will ever change.

It is inevitable that the situation is  going to get a whole lot worse but no matter what it takes we have to get them out of our club and we have to do it now!!!

*********ABDALLAHOUT*********

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It is inevitable that the situation is  going to get a whole lot worse but no matter what it takes we have to get them out of our club and we have to do it now!!!

Well there was one UK winner of the lottery last night-let's hope he /she is/was a Latics fan.

If not how do you propose we get them out? Your shouting at the end of your post ain't gonna do it.

12 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It was an abysmal January window and now we're seeing the impact. Giving Rowe away for peanuts (probably) and bringing in a crock of shit has been a disaster. 

That said, Curle's honesty isn't great for morale - not what we need right now.

The only decent thing from curle's appointment is that we've stopped shipping goals but at the expense of scoring, surely to god he can't leave out Bahamboula for the remaining games because he feels the great one doesn't fit in?

Selling Rowe was one in a long line of self harming acts and it could be that history repeats itself because of it.

I couldn't hear the second half of Curly Keiths post match interview for someone rubbing sandpaper on the microphone but the I get the bit about only Pidge and Walker coming out of the game with some sort of credit. Which by default means the rest were not good enough, with which I concur. He must however take some responsibility for team selection and player positioning. Adams playing too high up the pitch, Hilssner when he came on went left instead of central where he needs to be sitting. Whelan, although a player I criticise for not being able to tackle at all can find a pass so play him higher in front of Hilssner. Macalmont gets caught in possesion too often because as with others he hangs on to it too long and don't lob crosses over to no one in the box. Some of this is basic even with below par players. Remember we did create enough chances to win but panic in front of goal won't win games.

51 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Well there was one UK winner of the lottery last night-let's hope he /she is/was a Latics fan.

If not how do you propose we get them out? Your shouting at the end of your post ain't gonna do it.

I’m fucking shouting now too!!!

We have definitely reached a tipping point, I would guess now that over 90% of supporters want these 🤡🤡’s gone.

We have to show them we are not prepared to put up with this crap any longer.....It’s going to be extremely difficult without being able to attend games but if the Trust, FLG, and PTB can get together to co-ordinate some sort of fans protest we have to try and  somehow get the ball rolling.

We are now at the stage where doing nothing is not an option!

********ABDALLAH OUT********

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Such a defeatist attitude. 

There are plenty of things that can be done. Other fans who’s clubs have been at deaths door on the whim of shit owners have managed to do something. Or have they just sat back and waited for a euromillions win?

29 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Such a defeatist attitude. 

There are plenty of things that can be done. Other fans who’s clubs have been at deaths door on the whim of shit owners have managed to do something. Or have they just sat back and waited for a euromillions win?

Problem is our fans always want to leave it up to someone else to do something. Talk about starving them of money is disrespectful to those who don't care about the noise and just want to go to the match.

If anything we should be turning up in greater numbers to show prospective buyers that there is something worth investing in.

26 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Problem is our fans always want to leave it up to someone else to do something. Talk about starving them of money is disrespectful to those who don't care about the noise and just want to go to the match.

If anything we should be turning up in greater numbers to show prospective buyers that there is something worth investing in.

Short term thinking.  For me it's not just about "getting them out", it's bigger than that.  And it doesn't need 1000 fans to want to take the bull by the horns and lead something, it only takes a small number.  If their aims are solid and they have the personalities to bring people along with them then we'll be on the right track.

Whatever form it might take, we need a unified fans body with a specific long term strategic goal, such as to get to a 50+1 fan ownership model, or ownership of the ground, or ownership of a new ground.  More than that, we need people with the time, skillsets and personalities to make it work.  

And for what it's worth I don't think talking about starving the owners of money is disrepectful to those who don't care.  The vast majority of people don't have what's necessary to lead a huge fan momentum (I certainly don't), but what is in their control is how they spend their money.  And it's totally fair for them to try and put the case forward for others doing the same.

21 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Talk about starving them of money is disrespectful to those who don't care about the noise and just want to go to the match.

Let's ask whoever is choosing the BP half time / full time music to put Stealers Wheel on, 'Stuck in the middle with you' is a fair account.

Inspiral Carpets 'This is how it feels' was a great choice yesterday.

It feels rubbish AL.

My sympathy is with those who are apoplectic with rage at the owner / landlord, also those (myself included) who want to support the team by turning up.

If we could start again, I dont see any better solution than the Bundesliga 50+1 model (ignoring the Leipzig Red Bull anomaly) where any owner cannot recklessly overule supporter and community interest.

Hoping for a Jack Walker to pop up isnt credible, whereas some community based scheme which engineers the purchase of BP and covenants thereafter to protect and preserve, possibly can happen.

Appreciate PTB and other initiatives are striving for this level of influence in some form or other.

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Short term thinking.  For me it's not just about "getting them out", it's bigger than that.  And it doesn't need 1000 fans to want to take the bull by the horns and lead something, it only takes a small number.  If their aims are solid and they have the personalities to bring people along with them then we'll be on the right track.

Whatever form it might take, we need a unified fans body with a specific long term strategic goal, such as to get to a 50+1 fan ownership model, or ownership of the ground, or ownership of a new ground.  More than that, we need people with the time, skillsets and personalities to make it work.  

And for what it's worth I don't think talking about starving the owners of money is disrepectful to those who don't care.  The vast majority of people don't have what's necessary to lead a huge fan momentum (I certainly don't), but what is in their control is how they spend their money.  And it's totally fair for them to try and put the case forward for others doing the same.

You've got a fans body in PTB. In 18 months they've had a few meetings with the CEO and a food and drink boycott which lasted one game. You've got a supporters trust with an actual place on the clubs board. It's got less than 200 members and gets nothing but grief from the fanbase. Apathy has won.

Just now, deyres42 said:

You've got a fans body in PTB. In 18 months they've had a few meetings with the CEO and a food and drink boycott which lasted one game. You've got a supporters trust with an actual place on the clubs board. It's got less than 200 members and gets nothing but grief from the fanbase. Apathy has won.

Firmly disagree. 

47 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

but what is in their control is how they spend their money.  And it's totally fair for them to try and put the case forward for others doing the same.

Trouble is that the ‘case’ they put forward is to call the others ‘scabs’... 😮

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Trouble is that the ‘case’ they put forward is to call the others ‘scabs’... 😮

True, I’ve said elsewhere why I have bought a season ticket - believe me, I do not support this regime in the slightest and for the price of keeping the ticket office manager in a job for a few days I will use my seat to make sure ALMO know exactly what I think 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Yet when a poster suggests protesting about the shocking way the club is run you suggest there’s nothing to protest about and we’re just a rubbish League 2 side.

17 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Yet when a poster suggests protesting about the shocking way the club is run you suggest there’s nothing to protest about and we’re just a rubbish League 2 side.

That's the Eyresy way of doing things. 

33 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Eyresys doesn't have an opinion on anything he just logs on to disagree with people for the sake of it.

The best option to keep as many people happy as possible is to do away games only that way people can still watch the team we don't give them any money plus at a local game where we have a big following we could create a big row by some form of protest at the same time.

43 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

Not strictly on topic, but a good win for Carlisle today.

Southend or Grimsby need four wins from seven and eight games respectively to catch us, and that's without us getting another point this season (not impossible but still unlikely). 

I know that relegation battling teams often pick up a few wins towards the end but Southend aren't scoring many and Grimsby have a very tough month coming up (maybe aside from playing us).  I can't be complacent given the nature of our boardroom but I can't see us going down.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Eyresys doesn't have an opinion on anything he just logs on to disagree with people for the sake of it.

The best option to keep as many people happy as possible is to do away games only that way people can still watch the team we don't give them any money plus at a local game where we have a big following we could create a big row by some form of protest at the same time.

Big row about what? The wider football world would be laughing whilst asking what on earth are you complaining about.

Archived