MATCH: vs Stevenage (H) 02/04/21

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

A real wasted opportunity to press the reset button. 22 quid or whatever it was to watch L2 football not particularly appealing at the time. I'd pay it tomorrow if we had a match though after a year without live sport.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

So you have just had pointed out to you what you were advocating earlier and you disagree. Just what do you disagree with here?

I'm not sure where it's been pointed out what I was advocating earlier, but for clarity I was disagreeing with the phrase "apathy has won".

2 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

What, does that make you any more of a supporter than the rest of us?

I miss the odd game when it's a cert I just can't make it but pay for every other game plus 10 quid both home and away for ifollow whilst we find ourselves unable to go on.

Anyone who has the best interests of the club at heart, is as good as the rest as far as I'm concerned 

Whooooooooosssshhhh!!!

You've missed the point here pretty spectacularly.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:02 PM, deyres42 said:

Problem is Matt we could win the next 5 games and everything would go quiet and people would be talking about making the playoffs. Results are the only driver of the unrest and that doesn't seem like much of a basis for hard protest to me.

I don't agree with this. Winning the next 5 is hardly going to get us a confirmed play-off spot. Sure, everybody's happier when we're winning, but the antipathy towards the Lemsagams (and to Corney & co before that) runs too deep. It's been said on here many times that people no longer feel that it's our club, and until we have a professionally run club with an owner who has the interests of the fans at heart, the unrest will not go away.

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I don't agree with this. Winning the next 5 is hardly going to get us a confirmed play-off spot. Sure, everybody's happier when we're winning, but the antipathy towards the Lemsagams (and to Corney & co before that) runs too deep. It's been said on here many times that people no longer feel that it's our club, and until we have a professionally run club with an owner who has the interests of the fans at heart, the unrest will not go away.

The results are totally immaterial to me although I much prefer Latics winning to losing obviously.

It is the way the club is being run and the complete disdain shown to the supporters that has completely ruined my love affair with the club which has been in my heart since 1970 and in my family since at least the 1950s maybe significantly before. I have seen dross over the majority of the recent past but nothing that would stop me going, the Latics are so much more than a club to me and the supporters I have met over the years are fabulous (bar a handful of complete bellends who have emerged over the recent past).     

I still expect to be in attendance at  majority of away games next season but as it stands, will not be at Boundary Park again until the current owners either go or at least start acting more on behalf of the club, its supporters and the community than now - not that hard but I can't see it happening at all sadly. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic
3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

It's far from the real Latics, in my view, but understandably not everyone has the same viewpoint of what the club should or should not be or what it means to them, personally.

I was chuffed with the result at Crawley, impressed by the performance which then served to raise my frustration that the wildly inconsistent and extremely poor home performances have cost the club the chance of promotion. My view of the inept buffoons who own the club was not changed.

Southend managed a draw with Morecambe this evening, which does help to calm the nerves, although I think only another win or two for the  Latics will fully achieve that.

5 minutes ago, Wardie said:

It's far from the real Latics, in my view, but understandably not everyone has the same viewpoint of what the club should or should not be or what it means to them, personally.

I was chuffed with the result at Crawley, impressed by the performance which then served to raise my frustration that the wildly inconsistent and extremely poor home performances have cost the club the chance of promotion. My view of the inept buffoons who own the club was not changed.

Southend managed a draw with Morecambe this evening, which does help to calm the nerves, although I think only another win or two for the  Latics will fully achieve that.

As long as I see the Oldham owl on the shirt, my club is still alive.

We were great at Crawley and what a booster it was, 

It showed what we're capable of on our day and we can go toe to toe with anyone in the remaining games after that.

I look forward to more happiness and restoration of pride back in that shirt.

Archived