MATCH: vs Grimsby Town (H) 24/04/21

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Flemboy said:

Sums up the home form this season.

Hope Grimsby  win all their games and avoid the drop if only to see Roy do 3 bungie jumps

He didn't say how high from though.

Well that was the most blatent case of cant be arsed performance. Clarke was shocking. Cant even kick a ball straight and hes meant to be highly rated? Mccalmont highly rated? Yet when whelan (who was dumped by 2 different clubs) comes off, it showed that whelan is way more influential on the game. 2nd goal garrity was nowhere to be seen after mccalmont committed. Pierrgianni got skinned yes, but thats not somethin that should go against him, its clarke who should have been positioned correctly behind him to halt the run. Fage MotM after 15 mins of game time for me. Thats how half arsed that performance was

1 minute ago, Chris15Arm said:

Well that was the most blatent case of cant be arsed performance. Clarke was shocking. Cant even kick a ball straight and hes meant to be highly rated? Mccalmont highly rated? Yet when whelan (who was dumped by 2 different clubs) comes off, it showed that whelan is way more influential on the game. 2nd goal garrity was nowhere to be seen after mccalmont committed. Pierrgianni got skinned yes, but thats not somethin that should go against him, its clarke who should have been positioned correctly behind him to halt the run. Fage MotM after 15 mins of game time for me. Thats how half arsed that performance was

Bahamboula looks to be off, didn't want to go near any possible contact at all. 

Vaughan gave some hope.

No doubt KC will find something constructive to say about the performance, if only that it affirms his appraisal of our deficiencies.

The starting eleven looked ok, created chances, didnt capitalise.

Credit to Conor for his solitary contribution.

Agree with the comments which largely condemned the lack of hunger, focus, energy, fight or whatever you choose, it was lacking today.

Also evident that we do miss Calum Whelan and if Pidge doesn't have a great game the back three isnt strong.

The bench was weak, we dont have enough to change the game, I sincerely hope the owner does back KC for rebuilding.

Give Conor Mac a great offer.

52 minutes ago, ddot_m said:

Clarke at a higher level? League 1 at best after that!

He’s not the first very young and inexperienced player that supporters write off and won’t be the last. The thing is that they are in their development stage and where they are now often bears  no relation to the career they will have

39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Reading between the lines on that after match Curle interview I'd say he won't be here if Mo continues the recruitment.

He kept talking of other managers if it's not him.

Just watched it. 

Yep, there was definitely an air of- ‘I’m not working with players who don’t care and I can’t change.’ 

Poor poor effort from so many on the pitch yesterday. And Curle had a poor game too in my opinion.

Walker made a couple of decent saves but was to blame for their equaliser. But why was he playing yesterday? Send him back and play Bilboe.

Jameson and BorthwickJackson had lazy games - no real urgency in their play. We had three left sided players in the back three which unbalanced us. And Jameson and CBJ swapping sides two or three time during the game... what was that all about?

Clarke as wingback? Don’t see that either.

Keillor-Dunn looked disinterested and Bahamboula put in his worst performance for us this season.

Overall it was a sluggish and sloppy display with too many not up for a contest. Grimsby are a poor side but they simply wanted it more. Our defending for the winning goal was non-existent but it was a great run and strike.

Hilssner, Garrity on for Whelan, McAlmont.... 😱

Only Piergianni, Whelan, Adams and McAleny put in anywhere near decent performances - not good enough. 

Thank god the season ends in two weeks.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Poor poor effort from so many on the pitch yesterday. And Curle had a poor game too in my opinion.

Walker made a couple of decent saves but was to blame for their equaliser. But why was he playing yesterday? Send him back and play Bilboe.

Jameson and BorthwickJackson had lazy games - no real urgency in their play. We had three left sided players in the back three which unbalanced us. And Jameson and CBJ swapping sides two or three time during the game... what was that all about?

Clarke as wingback? Don’t see that either.

Keillor-Dunn looked disinterested and Bahamboula put in his worst performance for us this season.

Overall it was a sluggish and sloppy display with too many not up for a contest. Grimsby are a poor side but they simply wanted it more. Our defending for the winning goal was non-existent but it was a great run and strike.

Hilssner, Garrity on for Whelan, McAlmont.... 😱

Only Piergianni, Whelan, Adams and McAleny put in anywhere near decent performances - not good enough. 

Thank god the season ends in two weeks.

I know Bilboe has only played about 3 games but does another give him an extension or something?

I really struggle to believe he has been so gash in training that Curle thinks playing an injured goalkeeper is the better option 

And we all know you don’t need to sleep with the owners wife to be exiled around here 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

they simply wanted it more

I appreciate your next day reflections of what went on Big Dog, more balanced than the prose we hammer out on Saturday afternoon.

Pride and passion badly lacking from our side, I dont agree that we came second best to a battling side. Think it was Mikey in commentary during the first few minutes who described Grimsby as playing for a least a point, or looking to nick a win with counter attacking play.

They didnt put us under sustained pressure, we were hopeless in possession, then let them have a few unchallenged strikes.

Fair to criticise KC for subs which weakened the side but the performance warranted dropping at least three at half time.

Our subs arent up to it, we know.

As for wishing the end of season to come, I know much of it has been dire, but the topics we are left with are WTF is happening with the North Stand? player recruitment/retention, manager falling out with owner .... proper depressing stuff.

Also, without a game on Saturday, I have even less justification for not helping with the garden.

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I know Bilboe has only played about 3 games but does another give him an extension or something?

I really struggle to believe he has been so gash in training that Curle thinks playing an injured goalkeeper is the better option 

And we all know you don’t need to sleep with the owners wife to be exiled around here 

A contract extension after 4 games? How would that even come up in conversation?

31 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Irony - as in I can’t understand why we are playing a injured on loan goalkeeping coach instead of our contracted back up 

It's been said Bilboe was injured also, but agree it's a bit baffling why he hasn't played especially with our surfeit of loan players. 

14 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It's been said Bilboe was injured also, but agree it's a bit baffling why he hasn't played especially with our surfeit of loan players. 

Probably not that baffling, Curle just prefers Walker over him, don't think he has been proven spectacularly wrong.

Archived