PROTEST 8/5/21

8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

...and yet any prospective owner would still be left having to pay a massively inflated cost for the ground and would therefore walk away.

At the risk of repeating myself, THIS is the biggest problem by far.

Totally agree, are there any mugs out there that would pay it? Doubtful.

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

...and yet any prospective owner would still be left having to pay a massively inflated cost for the ground and would therefore walk away.

At the risk of repeating myself, THIS is the biggest problem by far.

And again without repeating ourselves again

The current owner should have known all about this when he bought the club. Its just become a convenient excuse for the owners failings.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

I turned out for the last protest (organised by PTB I think) - the march down from the White Hart with a few Orient fans in attendance too. I was quite disappointed with the numbers turning out for that one if I`m honest. 

I too made the trip up for this. Disappointing turnout? It was abysmal. If all who are so vocal in their condemnation of the current owners could make the next protest then it might have more impact.

If it was organised and co-ordinated properly I’m sure it would be well supported...PTB could be the drivers who in recent times have had over 1000 responding to their surveys.

It wouldn’t be fully effective until we could get back into the ground but If, as in previous seasons, there is poor player recruitment it wouldn’t take much to drum up support!!

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I turned out for the last protest (organised by PTB I think) - the march down from the White Hart with a few Orient fans in attendance too. I was quite disappointed with the numbers turning out for that one if I`m honest. As for now, I think you'd struggle to get a third of that last poor turnout - way too many people have totally lost interest in the club. 

Would a protest now be useful? Yes IF it was attended by a couple of thousand supporters - that would raise eyebrows AND also show any potential investor that there is a hardcore of fans who care to build from. Unfortunately, you'll struggle to muster 3 figures presently, in my opinion.

am interested to know your view of boycotting Home games to impact match day revenues for the Lemsagam regime

I havent been to a Home game since 4th May 2019 when we got hammered 2-5 by Northampton Town 

For me and a few others, the only way to support our team and not fund the Lemsagams is at Away games.

AWAY DAY ARMY 

support the team not the regime 

11 minutes ago, tGWB said:

am interested to know your view of boycotting Home games to impact match day revenues for the Lemsagam regime

I havent been to a Home game since 4th May 2019 when we got hammered 2-5 by Northampton Town 

For me and a few others, the only way to support our team and not fund the Lemsagams is at Away games.

AWAY DAY ARMY 

Exactly my take on it, I gave my season ticket away at the start ot March 2019 (I have since apologised to the unlucky recipient). Now Shitpeas has gone it only leaves flat cap as the obstacle to my returning. 

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If it was organised and co-ordinated properly I’m sure it would be well supported...PTB could be the drivers who in recent times have had over 1000 responding to their surveys.

It wouldn’t be fully effective until we could get back into the ground but If, as in previous seasons, there is poor player recruitment it wouldn’t take much to drum up support!!

I've responded to their surveys but I'm not doing a 450 mile round trip to protest

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Who organised the last protest?

There is a conundrum in your post-some refuse to enter the ground so you are diluting your potential protest by he people who feel strongest about it.

As I keep on posting-there is a disconnect between the numbers attending games and the numbers who post on here.

You could argue that the fans survey from the other day is a good example of this.

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Who organised the last protest?

There is a conundrum in your post-some refuse to enter the ground so you are diluting your potential protest by he people who feel strongest about it.

As I keep on posting-there is a disconnect between the numbers attending games and the numbers who post on here.

You could argue that the fans survey from the other day is a good example of this.

I’m pretty sure the non attendees like myself would make an exception for a protest!

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

And again without repeating ourselves again

The current owner should have known all about this when he bought the club. Its just become a convenient excuse for the owners failings.

Thanks for stating the obvious. We know this and what has that got to do with my post and the one I was replying to? 

Blitz has the club by the balls. Undeniable. The fact only one man of a certain calibre was stupid enough to buy it should tell you what you need to know. AL is a symptom of the bigger problem. 

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Thanks for stating the obvious. We know this and what has that got to do with my post and the one I was replying to? 

Blitz has the club by the balls. Undeniable. The fact only one man of a certain calibre was stupid enough to buy it should tell you what you need to know. AL is a symptom of the bigger problem. 

And yet still we had a buyer come forward to buy the football club last summer.

The current owner is a bigger problem than the landlord. Blitz might have us by the balls Abdullah has us by the throat, one can cause you significant pain the other one can actually kill you.

12 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m pretty sure the non attendees like myself would make an exception for a protest!

I was at the last protest with 6 of my mates last time. I was the only one who went to the game. I do think "boycotters" would turn out for a protest...

39 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

And yet still we had a buyer come forward to buy the football club last summer.

The current owner is a bigger problem than the landlord. Blitz might have us by the balls Abdullah has us by the throat, one can cause you significant pain the other one can actually kill you.

can you share the full details of this buyer please?  Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

can you share the full details of this buyer please?  Thanks. 

Come on Kow, you know he couldn’t do that even if he has the detail.

It really is an opinion thing, which of these people is the biggest problem.

Actually the fact that there are TWO intransigent and self interested individuals who both independently hold the well-being of the club in their hands, and any prospective buyer has to solve two huge problems, that is hindering our recovery from this mess.

10 hours ago, Pidge said:

Come on Kow, you know he couldn’t do that even if he has the detail.

It really is an opinion thing, which of these people is the biggest problem.

Actually the fact that there are TWO intransigent and self interested individuals who both independently hold the well-being of the club in their hands, and any prospective buyer has to solve two huge problems, that is hindering our recovery from this mess.

I don't have any details no and it wasn't on any official channels so I can't confirm. But while it wasn't reported officially it does appear that unofficially their was an interested party in the summer.

My main point is that the owner is a bigger problem than the landlord for starters we don't need to own the ground or the north stand to benefit from it financially we take all match day income from it including selling the boxes. Secondly the landlord has said to 2 parties he will sell for a fee. 

The current owner has no ability to work with anyone and is volatile enough that he could push the club over the edge. He is the real problem. I don't think it will quite come to that but Im not expecting things to get better until he goes.

However once he goes (and only when he goes) things can and probably will get better. Thats whats keeping me going right now.

Al is a charlatan and an incompetent but make no mistake it is Blitz and his fellow amigos who have destroyed this club

it was they who saw it is a property deal wrapped in a little football club

it was they that gave up on the football club when the property deal went sour 

it was they that asset stripped the club as much as they could

it was they that broke the club into pieces 

it was they that knowingly sold a fantasy to clowns like AlMo 

It IS they that only ever cared about how much money they could make from OAFC

On 5/6/2021 at 3:11 PM, tGWB said:

AWAY DAY ARMY 

Fully support a home boycott - and I`ve been doing it now for a long time - forgotten exactly since when to be honest. Last ever game I went to was away at Fleetwood in some Mickey Mouse Trophy when Fleetwood's second string played us off the park completely - and scored 5 from memory. I only went to that to fulfil a promise I had made previously. That Smith fellow was playing for us on the wing and looked like the only professional footballer in our side that day. Clarkey was majestic for them at the back.

Archived