Edmunsdon windfall?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Undisclosed, of course it is.

🙄.  In other news Tesco have bought some new lorries but have kept the terms of the deal with Mercedes secret as they don't want to give Sainsburys a negotiating tool.

According to the Ipswich Town forum:

"Reports that the Latics will be due a percentage of the deal from a sell-on agreed as part of the agreement which saw Edmundson join Rangers in 2019 are wide of the mark with the Glasgow giants having bought out that element of the deal early in his time at Ibrox."

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/40663/edmundson-signing-confirmed

4 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"Reports that the Latics will be due a percentage of the deal from a sell-on agreed as part of the agreement which saw Edmundson join Rangers in 2019 are wide of the mark with the Glasgow giants having bought out that element of the deal early in his time at Ibrox."

Well, that's that then.

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

🙄.  In other news Tesco have bought some new lorries but have kept the terms of the deal with Mercedes secret as they don't want to give Sainsburys a negotiating tool.

And of course Tesco don't have enough drivers for their new lorries so they are poaching Sainsbury's drivers and others by offering a £1,000 sign on bonus.

Brentford’s failure to reach the Premier League indirectly had huge implications for Exeter. Watkins, one of the Championship’s most coveted players, would most likely have to be sold and 15 per cent of the profit made would then be sent on to St James Park.

I've also checked other transfers and came across Gareth Bales transfer clauses when he moved from Southampton to Spurs. They sold him for £5m. and included a 25% sell-on clause + £5m in other add-ons. Unfortunately for them, they did a Corney because of financial constraints and sold the sell-on for £3m. If they had kept it, they would have received £20m. when Bale was sold to Real Madrid. That was also based on the profit.

13 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

And he can afford to buy the stadium.😂😂🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Of course it's not impossible that we got more from allowing it to be bought out than it would have generated given he seemed to make a promising start before disappearing

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Of course it's not impossible that we got more from allowing it to be bought out than it would have generated given he seemed to make a promising start before disappearing

I'm sure in the instance with Tarky it was us, but I could be wrong 

3 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Well that was a shortlived stay up in Scotland for Goerge and i just hope this move works out for him, I'm sure I read when he was here that one of his downfalls was his positioning/ anticipation. 

Perhaps turning at the speed of a supertanker has something to do with it? Never particularly rated him and never understood all the hype but glad someone fell for it and it got us some money.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Perhaps turning at the speed of a supertanker has something to do with it? Never particularly rated him and never understood all the hype but glad someone fell for it and it got us some money.

Yes the evergreen tanker in the suez moved quicker.i must say I  was quite surprised when he ended up at Rangers. 

On 7/27/2021 at 2:20 PM, BP1960 said:

Undisclosed, of course it is.

Have a look at the BBC's transfer page. Hardly any are disclosed. 

Transfer news: Done deals during July 2021 - BBC Sport

It stops other clubs knowing how much a team got for a player and upping their asking price when that club enquires about their players. It also keeps the tax man in the dark.

27 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Have a look at the BBC's transfer page. Hardly any are disclosed. 

Transfer news: Done deals during July 2021 - BBC Sport

It stops other clubs knowing how much a team got for a player and upping their asking price when that club enquires about their players. It also keeps the tax man in the dark.

He won’t listen 

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Stories from the Ipswich end seem to suggest we cashed in the sell on fee a while back...

He's only been gone 2 years, find it hard to believe they were cashing out before the ink was even dry on his contract...

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

In my day the were disclosed, why not now?

Because we aren't the big boys anymore. Premier league and to an extent, championship, are commercially obligated to say yes we payed 10 mill for John doe. Lower divisions dont have the coverage so arent as pressured to be revealing transfer fees. Back in the day we were one of the bigger teams who delighted on announcing our bargain buys and staying up there. Now its pointless coz noone apart from Latics people care

Archived