MATCH: vs Sutton United (H) 28/08/2021

Well that was fun.......at least the last ten minutes was

pretty abject performance for most of the game and Curle obviously has a tactical master plan which the players don’t yet fully understand.

sad to see some muppet having a go at the players and Sheehan in particular just before half time which obviously really upset him....we need to remember this is not about the players, they are the standard they are, It’s Blitz, Corney and AlMo that have got us to this position 

anyway, in the end the players kept going, didn’t give up and it was an absolute joy to see young Luamba slot in a 96th minute winner....he was absolutely buzzing at the end..credit also to Pidge who looked as happy as a pig in muck all afternoon playing at a non league ground and winning about 90 headers including his goal! 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

i like curle also but when I watch us under him we don’t commit a lot forward. I really struggle to see how we will win that many games playing as we do. I think kewell got more out of a worse team but hope ur right and after 10-15 games it all clicks and we start to look a good team at both ends 

Struggling to understand how you think Kewell had a worse feam

6 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Well that was fun.......at least the last ten minutes was

pretty abject performance for most of the game and Curle obviously has a tactical master plan which the players don’t yet fully understand.

sad to see some muppet having a go at the players and Sheehan in particular just before half time which obviously really upset him....we need to remember this is not about the players, they are the standard they are, It’s Blitz, Corney and AlMo that have got us to this position 

anyway, in the end the players kept going, didn’t give up and it was an absolute joy to see young Luamba slot in a 96th minute winner....he was absolutely buzzing at the end..credit also to Pidge who looked as happy as a pig in muck all afternoon playing at a non league ground and winning about 90 headers including his goal! 

This needs highlighting. 

It's not the players anyone should have beef with it's the owner his brother and the landlord.

The players are trying their best The owner and the landlord don't care.

17 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

sad to see some muppet having a go at the players and Sheehan in particular just before half time which obviously really upset him....

He and a few others were nothing short of disgraceful with their foul mouthed criticism of the players.

Whatever happened to ‘support the team, not the regime’?

I have no time for these ‘fans’ and would respectfully ask them to extend their boycott to away games as well.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This needs highlighting. 

It's not the players anyone should have beef with it's the owner his brother and the landlord.

The players are trying their best The owner and the landlord don't care.

I agree with you on the whole, but it still shouldn’t shield them if their not putting a shift in. (Newport away, where the assistant manager dug them out is a good example) 

Seen on Twitter:

Carl Piergianni 🆚 Sutton Utd by numbers 👇

1⃣ Goal 🙌
1⃣0⃣0⃣% shots on target
1⃣0⃣ Aerial duels won
1⃣0⃣0⃣% successful tackles 💪
3⃣4⃣ touches
1⃣7⃣ accurate passes
1⃣0⃣0⃣% successful take-ons

A bucket load of character 🪣💥

#oafc 🦉

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He and a few others were nothing short of disgraceful with their foul mouthed criticism of the players.

Whatever happened to ‘support the team, not the regime’?

I have no time for these ‘fans’ and would respectfully ask them to extend their boycott to away games as well.

The players are the only ones who are going to get us out of the shit, so I take your point. But listening to the game, and reading comments from those who were there, we sounded like we were appalling for 80 minutes. Not being able to pass, isn’t Mo or Curle fault and expecting fans to keep cheering dross isn’t realistic. 

I don’t condone personal remarks whatsoever, but people pay their money so I can understand them venting if the performance is abject. 

The problem is venting leads vitriol and that helps no one like you say. 

4 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Seen on Twitter:

1⃣ Goal 🙌
1⃣0⃣0⃣% shots on target
1⃣0⃣ Aerial duels won
3⃣4⃣ touches
1⃣7⃣ accurate passes

#oafc 🦉

That might as well be in Serbo-Croat! 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Struggling to understand how you think Kewell had a worse feam

miles worse, curle has signed some solid pro’s who have played plenty of seasons in EFL and are a step up from last year’s squad. Keeper is better, hart better than CBJ, Clarke/magahey better than jombati, cisse better than ntambwe. Garrity + Blackwood not near team. Lumaba and Vaughan better. The Spurs lad will be like mcalmont so just mcaleny who would get back in. 

26 minutes ago, latics22 said:

players can’t be given a free pass because the club is a mess. If we had lost that would have been 5 on the bounce unacceptable for any team in any league! We would have been in massive danger of absolute self destruction 

It’s not unacceptable if that reflects the quality of players signed. That’s the point here. 

36 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

miles worse, curle has signed some solid pro’s who have played plenty of seasons in EFL and are a step up from last year’s squad. Keeper is better, hart better than CBJ, Clarke/magahey better than jombati, cisse better than ntambwe. Garrity + Blackwood not near team. Lumaba and Vaughan better. The Spurs lad will be like mcalmont so just mcaleny who would get back in. 

McAleny was class, we'll have a hard time signing anyone near his quality. People on here called him lazy but you can't argue with his 20+ goal tally.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Seen on Twitter:

1⃣ Goal 🙌
1⃣0⃣0⃣% shots on target
1⃣0⃣ Aerial duels won
3⃣4⃣ touches
1⃣7⃣ accurate passes

#oafc 🦉

100% successful tackles! What about that one where he was skinned & pole-axed their player.

22 minutes ago, Andy b said:

It’s not unacceptable if that reflects the quality of players signed. That’s the point here. 

Any player of any level can run, tackle, show fight and desire. 

Having a go at players for not being able to spray a 50 yard to pass to feet is unfair. 

Having a go at players for hiding, not tackling, or tracking back isn’t unfair (as long as it’s not personal) and has nothing to do their quality and everything to do with their character and what they’re putting into the shirt. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

I agree with you on the whole, but it still shouldn’t shield them if their not putting a shift in. (Newport away, where the assistant manager dug them out is a good example) 

Yes but if this squad avoids relegation then anything after that is the fault of the landlord and the owner.

24 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Any player of any level can run, tackle, show fight and desire. 

Having a go at players for not being able to spray a 50 yard to pass to feet is unfair. 

Having a go at players for hiding, not tackling, or tracking back isn’t unfair (as long as it’s not personal) and has nothing to do their quality and everything to do with their character and what they’re putting into the shirt. 

No team can lose five on the bounce in any league, the squad should and is capable of competing and any team in the same league shouldn’t ever be losing 5 on the trot 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes but if this squad avoids relegation then anything after that is the fault of the landlord and the owner.

100%

The only target for the players is 22nd. 

And even If they don’t, it’s less galling if you know they’ve tried their best. They may be have been piss poor for 80 minutes, but at the very least they showed some bottle as they did at Bradford and in the cups. 

27 minutes ago, Barry Bosnian said:

McAleny was class, we'll have a hard time signing anyone near his quality. People on here called him lazy but you can't argue with his 20+ goal tally.

yeah massive loss. Can’t see hope or any of current squad getting even half of that this season and that’s going to be the problem 

15 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Just got back.  Shit match, but wow what a buzz celebrating that winner.  The players must know we aren't like the other poxy, tin pot clubs in our division. Not many would take +450 in our circumstances.    

Chuffed for you mate. 

Deserve it for the trip and the football up until the goals. 

Neutral fan here - great support from your fans today and a thoroughly deserved win at the end.  I have seen a lot of relegation teams in my time and I probably saw another one today, but it was not the team in white. Highlights for me was the performance of Whelan who ran the show and kept you moving forward in the centre of the park and Bahamboula who put in a very good second half performance down the left. It wasn't pretty to watch for large parts of the game, but a lot of that was down to the pitch which played like something out of the 1970s. The lack of pace at the back may expose you against some of the better teams, but there is plenty of fight in the team on that performance and clear signs that the tide has been turned. You'll be fine.

Archived