RUMOUR: THE NORTH STAND AND THE GYM

Message added by Matt,

NOTE THIS IS UNSUPPORTED RUMOUR AND IS NOT TO BE TAKEN AS FACT.

9 minutes ago, Barryowen said:

Angela Rayner , with respect, will get nowhere with Abdallah. He will totally ignore her.

And why not? Apart from the fact the majority of the country also ignores her it has absolutely sod all to do with her and the only reason she’s even piping up is because her PA is a Latics fan and she thinks it will give her some nice local headlines just as bandwagon Andy will think 

Shes also MP for Ashton not Oldham 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

And why not? Apart from the fact the majority of the country also ignores her it has absolutely sod all to do with her and the only reason she’s even piping up is because her PA is a Latics fan and she thinks it will give her some nice local headlines just as bandwagon Andy will think 

17 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

AL doesn't typically deal with women

1 hour ago, Barryowen said:

Angela Rayner , with respect, will get nowhere with Abdallah. He will totally ignore her.

It seems that way Barry, bit like his stance on the petition signed by near on 3000 fans. 

It's no wonder people are thinking that Abdallah doesn't care about us supporters or the town and he continues to treat all with disdain or contempt. 

Just wondering what you are referring to about "Eventually our future will become more clear, for good or for bad", is this when you feel any "news on the stand ownership" will emerge. 

I am not sure time is something we have a lot of in terms of rebuilding the club, playing resources look preciously weak at present and if the team keeps losing (or at least not winning), how long will ALMo or owners put up with Curle given their track record to date? 

I do hope Abdallah does come to his senses and expresses a willingness to sell his share of the business (badge and players) and cut his losses but I have my doubts it will be anytime soon  

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Does anyone know how and when the EFL loan has to be repaid, is it  monthly, 1 year, 5 years, longer?

I don't know about repayments, but the club had to put a 3 year business plan to the EFL to get the loan. One of the consequences is that we are under embargo for the same period of time. The club didn't understand the consequences of signing players, so how can we expect them to understand that we are stuck in this embargo for such a long time. Whether an early repayment of the loan is possible or not I don't know. 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Whatever anyone thinks about politicians in general, or Angela Rayner specifically, I can't see how it can be a bad thing that a local MP has tried to contact the owner of a significant local community organisation to talk about constituents' concerns? 
That's exactly what MPs should be doing right?

Why would we not want support and coverage from absolutely anyone with any profile at this point?

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

I don't know about repayments, but the club had to put a 3 year business plan to the EFL to get the loan. One of the consequences is that we are under embargo for the same period of time. The club didn't understand the consequences of signing players, so how can we expect them to understand that we are stuck in this embargo for such a long time. Whether an early repayment of the loan is possible or not I don't know. 

How many clubs are on our position with an unpaid loan? 

Chaddy. You are spot on my friend. I have never known an MP get involved with a local business such as Oldham Athletic , at this.stage of proceedings You always see them hovering when it suits them. I noticed this with Burnham and Lia Nandy when Wigan was bust. Rightly or wrongly depending on the moral compass he is likely to tell her to do one and not to get involved. Sorry but that is the truth.

10 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Why would the EFL be concerned about that ?  'Somebody else' is a director of the club - there are plenty of owners who aren't hands on in the running of their clus.  For all the EFL's faults it certainly isn't their job to tell individual member clubs how to manage their affairs.

If one of the two failed the fair and proper test, how is that person allowed to run the club on a day to day basis if the other has lost interest? Surely that is in the EFL's interest?

9 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

If one of the two failed the fair and proper test, how is that person allowed to run the club on a day to day basis if the other has lost interest? Surely that is in the EFL's interest?

He eventually passed it but I don't know what was involved. 

7 hours ago, Luis Enrique said:

Whatever anyone thinks about politicians in general, or Angela Rayner specifically, I can't see how it can be a bad thing that a local MP has tried to contact the owner of a significant local community organisation to talk about constituents' concerns? 
That's exactly what MPs should be doing right?

Why would we not want support and coverage from absolutely anyone with any profile at this point?

I just dont the think short term headline grabbing is what we need

how visible has Angela been on this? We have learnt of her interest on this board not the national press she has access to 

16 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I just dont the think short term headline grabbing is what we need

how visible has Angela been on this? We have learnt of her interest on this board not the national press she has access to 

She's just playing lip service. If we went bust she would be all over it, saying how much she tried to do. However I appreciate PTB for approaching her.

Archived