A True Leader (of the fans) is Needed - and Quickly

18 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Andy b is spot on and tbh i have always thought Matt has presented a balanced view on the podcast. However, and i'm prepared to be shot down, the podcast is surrounded by people with the same ideas/agenda and although the defence is he invites anyone on they are always outnumbered. Today, Matt met his match on Talksport, he couldn't control the interview or edit it. He was outdone by 2 media savvy intelligent ruthless businessmen in Adam Morallee and Simon Jordan, quite frankly he seemed out of his depth. Andy Halliwell does seem a better prospect for any future media excursions. They (Moralle and Jordan) have been there a million times and it showed. I'm not sure we have anyone within the fanbase that can compete under those circumstances. The trust and ptb now need a credible plan. No point calling for boycotts or protests, we need a credible plan to secure a buyer and bring Blitz, Lemsagam and the OEC to the table.

It's fortunate then that this battle won't be fought on Talk Shite. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Adam Moralle came across as neither media savvy, ruthless or intelligent 

he came across as a slimy lying prick 

Respect your opinion Chaddy but I disagree. Having had business dealings with Adam Morallee I can assure you he's pretty savvy. He came across well at the much maligned fans forum and if you are going to get in a battle of wits with him, make sure you are armed with more than enough facts to shoot him down. He played the straight bat, about financing the club, the meeting the club have had with fans groups (true) and Matt failed to challenge him on the embargo, a goalkeeper who can't play and the efl loan.

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

It's fortunate then that this battle won't be fought on Talk Shite. 

Where will it be fought out of interest? We need to stop making it a battle and appeal to Abdallahs better side (he must have one) and Blitz and get both parties to sell to a credible buyer

17 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Andy b is spot on and tbh i have always thought Matt has presented a balanced view on the podcast. However, and i'm prepared to be shot down, the podcast is surrounded by people with the same ideas/agenda and although the defence is he invites anyone on they are always outnumbered. Today, Matt met his match on Talksport, he couldn't control the interview or edit it. He was outdone by 2 media savvy intelligent ruthless businessmen in Adam Morallee and Simon Jordan, quite frankly he seemed out of his depth. Andy Halliwell does seem a better prospect for any future media excursions. They (Moralle and Jordan) have been there a million times and it showed. I'm not sure we have anyone within the fanbase that can compete under those circumstances. The trust and ptb now need a credible plan. No point calling for boycotts or protests, we need a credible plan to secure a buyer and bring Blitz, Lemsagam and the OEC to the table.

When you say outnumbered- do you mean your mate Barry by any chance? The same Barry who given the longest recording ever by the podcast- how’s that for editing and balance??? 

Like Jordan and Moralle- If you’re going to criticise, at least have the intelligence and decency to be factually correct, before you start to talking shite. 

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Where will it be fought out of interest? We need to stop making it a battle and appeal to Abdallahs better side (he must have one) and Blitz and get both parties to sell to a credible buyer

There are a number of ideas. 'appealing to Abdallahs (sic) better side" isn't on my list. 

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Respect your opinion Chaddy but I disagree. Having had business dealings with Adam Morallee I can assure you he's pretty savvy. He came across well at the much maligned fans forum and if you are going to get in a battle of wits with him, make sure you are armed with more than enough facts to shoot him down. He played the straight bat, about financing the club, the meeting the club have had with fans groups (true) and Matt failed to challenge him on the embargo, a goalkeeper who can't play and the efl loan.

This would be the same Adam Moralee Simon Jordan called him "amateurish" for his due diligence?

He's not savy at all he's incompetent.

11 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Agree with you on the fans forum

Matt was given hardly anytime and Jordan, White shouted him down just as they did with Wheater - there was an agenda there to make out its little Oldham upset they’re losing games and bottom of the league.

Morallee told bare faced lies - directors hiding in the club whilst also being threatened in their cars (fans were actually dancing with Bam)

”millions and millions of debt” yet he “thinks” AL has put 5 million in either he knows or he doesn’t - he also saw his arse at the only thing Jordan challenged him on which was his amateur due diligence 

Making a bit of money and talking like a used car salesman doesn’t make savvy - I’ve met many like Morallee in my time 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Barry has some useful knowledge and contacts no doubt. He ain’t a leader that’s abundantly clear. There is no link between what one knows and being a good leader.

There are ideological divisions amongst our fans and I do fear that some are turned off and even intimidated by those who present their views in an articulate and analytic manner - Matt Dean’s encounter with steve Partington on the podcast where he did fan interviews is a case in point. Steve clearly feels inferior

and goes on the defensive. 

Barry calls a spade a spade and lots of fans like that. In the real world a spade is never a spade though.

Any leader needs to find a narrative and brand that speak to all groups. Boris Johnson is the master of that. 

I said work with him, my last line says he doesn’t need to run the club. Just help set it up again. 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Adam Morallee was Massimo Cellinos lawyer when he took over Leeds United in 2014.

He hangs around with some colourful characters.

Indeed he did and having challenged him on that he says it paved the way for the owners now. Let's hope something similar happens to us!

Indeed he did and having challenged him on that he says it paved the way for the owners now. Let's hope something similar happens to us!

Ah now it makes sense - get complete charlatans in and claim credit when it leads to better people 

what a savvy man 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Ah now it makes sense - get complete charlatans in and claim credit when it leads to better people 

what a savvy man 

Seriously, I think Morallee has been pushed out as the only one capable of defending the indefensible. It's not his job and the CEO seems to have gone into hiding. He should be dealing with the media, fans groups etc. In the words of Delia "Where Are You?"

Seriously, I think Morallee has been pushed out as the only one capable of defending the indefensible. It's not his job and the CEO seems to have gone into hiding. He should be dealing with the media, fans groups etc. In the words of Delia "Where Are You?"

Well I emailed the club last night to move my seat to the North Stand copying in Karl and got an automatic reply from 

“Karl’s old address”

no clue of his new one so I’m guessing he is not up for comms anytime soon 

It's in everyone's best interests that this happens if he doesn't admit it publicly then he should be privately coercing Abdullah to cut his losses and sell the club. Once that's done then we can see off the landlord.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

I also reckon right now Abdallah is massively regretting Barry not being around. He had become a battering ram for the club against the fans anger. He was probably a convenient distraction from the real issues and the pressure is now ramped up massively on the owners without him there.

Not as much as @Barryowenis regretting not being around and enjoying all the complimentary tickets and food he received, whilst telling normal fans that we were completely wrong for daring to question the owners motives; if Barry was still there, he would be lapping all this up (because, lets face it, the same things are happening now that were going on whilst Barry was there) and going on TalkSPORT, Sky, GMR, Good Morning Britain, Jeremy Vine, Kilroy, Oprah and Trisha vowing that "MY OWNER WILL NOT LET THIS CLUB GO INTO ADMINISTRAION..."

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

My genuine thought was that Jordan and Adam know each other through boxing circles and SJ spoke to him and said "we are discussing Oldham on the show; will you come on and speak to us?" and your man Morallee has done it because Jordan is a mate. Could be well wide of the mark, but seems a bit strange considering they have refused to engage with the Oldham Times and GMR...

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

My genuine thought was that Jordan and Adam know each other through boxing circles and SJ spoke to him and said "we are discussing Oldham on the show; will you come on and speak to us?" and your man Morallee has done it because Jordan is a mate. Could be well wide of the mark, but seems a bit strange considering they have refused to engage with the Oldham Times and GMR...

Aye, other than the forum we haven't heard much of him. Seems like a busy guy with fingers in plenty of pies. Still heard more from him than we've from fan representative Dickie Bowden...

13 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Aye, other than the forum we haven't heard much of him. Seems like a busy guy with fingers in plenty of pies. Still heard more from him than we've from fan representative Dickie Bowden...

Probably Mr Lemsagam's most baffling appointment, and there have been a few to choose from...

16 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Probably Mr Lemsagam's most baffling appointment, and there have been a few to choose from...

Has there ever been a more pointless board member? Even Karl said he wasn’t sure what he did 

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Has there ever been a more pointless board member? Even Karl said he wasn’t sure what he did 

I know someone who interviewed for the job. Eminently well qualified but pretty much ran screaming from the building 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

While that theory is plausible. One of the major takeaways from this was Simon Jordan dismissing Moralees due diligence as amateurish.

Not to sure I'd be happy with my mate dismissing my work as amateurish on national radio in that way.

Archived