A True Leader (of the fans) is Needed - and Quickly

As well as a "True Leader", we need a clear message for what we're protesting about.  The Talksport presenters in the shout-down today seemed to focus on issues that were completely unrelated to what we're unhappy about.

We're not complaining about them asset stripping (as Jordan questioned) or us being shit.  Lack of communication and general contempt for fans, repeated mistakes (particularly unqualified Sporting Director, team interference and manager turnover) and poor treatment of staff which has made our name mud in the game is more along the lines of what our message should be.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JoeP said:

As well as a "True Leader", we need a clear message for what we're protesting about.  The Talksport presenters in the shout-down today seemed to focus on issues that were completely unrelated to what we're unhappy about.

We're not complaining about them asset stripping (as Jordan questioned) or us being shit.  Lack of communication and general contempt for fans, repeated mistakes (particularly unqualified Sporting Director, team interference and manager turnover) and poor treatment of staff which has made our name mud in the game is more along the lines of what our message should be.

I think what we are protesting about can be communicated very succinctly. Whilst there are lots of detail sitting behind this, very simply it’s the gross mismanagement of our football club and utter contempt for our fans displayed by its owners and senior leaders

The symptoms are numerous and we could spend all day describing them. 

But protest isn’t just about communicating the gripe it has to be about promoting the solution 

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Agreed, however- 

Made me piss, when Jordan tried to imply that mistakes ‘without malice’ aren’t cause for protest. 

I wonder what palace fans would of said if he took them to the bottom of league one, and year on year reduced the quality of the squad and hired 10 managers in 4 years. . . what would he of said- you can’t question me! My mistakes are genuine. 

Absolute bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I think what we are protesting about can be communicated very succinctly. Whilst there are lots of detail sitting behind this, very simply it’s the gross mismanagement of our football club and utter contempt for our fans displayed by its owners and senior leaders

The symptoms are numerous and we could spend all day describing them. 

But protest isn’t just about communicating the gripe it has to be about promoting the solution 

Well, exactly.  But we need to be able to do it in 5 minute media soundbites like we had today..

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Well, exactly.  But we need to be able to do it in 5 minute media soundbites like we had today..

It was a good test case then wasn’t it. If we cant do an effective elevator pitch then the movement won’t get very far. Perhaps we have further to go than we think.

PTB has tried to offer a simple diagnosis but it needs to role off the tongue and be tangible. 

6 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

My genuine thought was that Jordan and Adam know each other through boxing circles and SJ spoke to him and said "we are discussing Oldham on the show; will you come on and speak to us?" and your man Morallee has done it because Jordan is a mate. Could be well wide of the mark, but seems a bit strange considering they have refused to engage with the Oldham Times and GMR...

Nailed it! Along with that they both do promo work for the betting companies. They both piss in the same pot. Don't get me started on Jim White!

Not actually heard the Interview with Morralles , Matt and Simon Jordan, but if they did run rings around him - that's because as someone said, these are highly ruthless business men with years of experience in football. That Matt is a bit green in the media outside of his own podcast is of no relevence at all at the moment. He's done more positive stuff for this club than anyone else in the past few years.

He might not be the 'true leader' (cringey phrase that I wouldn't use ) but I've ever confidence in him, Andy and The PTB lads doing the best that they can for the club in it's current circumstances. Which is an incredibly tricky situation when you are dealing with an arrogant headcase who owns virtually all the club. Trying to keep it as unpersonal as possible but i think arrogant headcase is more than fair.

And I don't want Barry Owen anywhere near the club anymore in any offical capacity whatsoever.  Nothing personal at all Barry. If he wanted to help out more capable people with his knowledge of the Lemmy's , that's a different story, it could well be useful and helpful to atone for his years of prickery when actually involved with the club. I appreciate you were a fan and a volunteer Barry, but you've done more negative than positive for the club over years. And don't bother with suggesting - 'you don't know that's the case'. Every single fan even vaguely engaged with the club over the past 10 years knows that this is exactly the case.

11 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

While that theory is plausible. One of the major takeaways from this was Simon Jordan dismissing Moralees due diligence as amateurish.

Not to sure I'd be happy with my mate dismissing my work as amateurish on national radio in that way.

Sounds like something Neil Joy would say...

Perhaps Peter you would highlight with the knowledge you assume to have, what are the negative things I did that were harmful to the club.

it very easy to make general statement but please come up with those areas where you feel I damaged the club.

I have already stated my position for the future whilst this regime are around.

There are a lot of people at the moment prepared to put themselves  forward to resolve issues with the owner and his brother.  

I wish everyone well in those respects. People will either make use of my experience or knowledge but like it or not I know exactly how the Lemsagam’s think and react in various situations.

Your clearly feel strongly about you perceive was my input for the club over 17 years but that thankyou for keeping your comments civil and respectful.

@Barry Owen. All perceprion/rumour so please correct me if necessary.

You worked with the Lemsagam for c. 3.5 years. 

The catalyst for you leaving your position was more closely connected with Karl Evans. 

Why did it take 3.5 years to decide the Lemsagams are inappropriate owners? Did something significant change in their approach? 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

@Barry Owen. All perceprion/rumour so please correct me if necessary.

You worked with the Lemsagam for c. 3.5 years. 

The catalyst for you leaving your position was more closely connected with Karl Evans. 

Why did it take 3.5 years to decide the Lemsagams are inappropriate owners? Did something significant change in their approach? 

AL fucked Off and left Mo to run the show!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

AL fucked Off and left Mo to run the show!

Could be legs in that, I only met AL for less than a minute on his official take over day so I have no idea what he is like as a man but I have heard more than one say he’s actually quite reasonable 

his brother on the other hand…

3 hours ago, Barryowen said:

Perhaps Peter you would highlight with the knowledge you assume to have, what are the negative things I did that were harmful to the club.

it very easy to make general statement but please come up with those areas where you feel I damaged the club.

I have already stated my position for the future whilst this regime are around.

There are a lot of people at the moment prepared to put themselves  forward to resolve issues with the owner and his brother.  

I wish everyone well in those respects. People will either make use of my experience or knowledge but like it or not I know exactly how the Lemsagam’s think and react in various situations.

Your clearly feel strongly about you perceive was my input for the club over 17 years but that thankyou for keeping your comments civil and respectful.

I don’t think people believe you directly (or at least intentionally) harmed the club by your actions. The concern is more your inaction. 

Further you must realise just how much your credibility is undermined by defending the owner at the forum in the way you did, turning on fans in the process, and then deciding 18 months after the event (and many months after everyone else) that he was bad for the club. You won’t brush that under the carpet in the way you try to Barry and it will take a lot more than ‘sorry I got it wrong’ before you rebuild trust. You must know that. 

If you want to be involved, then offer your knowledge and time working for the cause and taking instructions from others. You have no credibility as a leader of any such cause. You have got a lot of making up to do before fans are willing to accept that you could be a central figure in any fan led effort secure a sustainable future for OAFC.

20 hours ago, JoeP said:

20 hours ago, Andy b said:

It was a good test case then wasn’t it. If we cant do an effective elevator pitch then the movement won’t get very far. Perhaps we have further to go than we think.

PTB has tried to offer a simple diagnosis but it needs to role off the tongue and be tangible. 

Keegan did it fairly well on the same platform today 

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Another loan wolf and ego who wants to maintain his profile and act billy big balls rather than joining others to collaborative. 

7 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Another loan wolf and ego who wants to maintain his profile and act billy big balls rather than joining others to collaborative. 

Dont know the guy was only commenting on the fact he did exactly what you wanted on TalkSport 

it’s Interesting and a little bit ironic  that everyone calling for unity are quick to slag off others 

That attitude will never get everyone around the same table 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Yeah, more on point.

I'd drop the line about the "5 year plan", though.  No one took that seriously then and no one takes it seriously now.

17 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

has anybody aproached Joe Royle to see if he would act as a figure head of some kind similar to the forward with franny thing at city years ago ?

I thought exactly the same thing, Joe Royle as an ambassador type role for the club.

There are a few players from the past who could be involved at some level if they wished to up the profile of the club again.

Some of these ex players and managers could really help to unite fans and maybe bring back some of those who have drifted away.

In what format I'm not sure yet, maybe fronting the in coming OASF supporter donation  / funding project in Oct.

I keep in touch with Joe Royle and I can tell you that he  is very upset about the current situation at the club. Joe is always happy to help but I don’t think he would want to front matters in a manner people might expect.

He is also about to make a return to the game and suspect he will have little spare time.

Dave_og. I often read your intelligent and well thought out posts ,but have to disappoint you that my leaving the club was   Not directly “connected” to Karl Evans. You do me a great dis-service by implying that someone in his position could be responsible.

I think I may have covered this issue in other posts but will repeat it to make it clear for those who might be remotely interested.

I think Mr Evans might agree that we will never be on each others Christmas Card list. Whilst Directors were not consulted , I did not agree with his appointment and never will.

Some of my many concerns have come to fruition but it is the owner who makes the choices.

I am certain Mr Evans had similar reservations about my presence in the club and only time will tell if he makes a success of his position. That is for others to decide because Abdallah has put him in sole charge of the Club.

I  am certain fans have made their decisions already but please be aware, Karl

Evans is working in extremely difficult circumstances. Despite my personal views, in lots of matter ,he will be expected to tow the line and take responsibility for the action of others were he has not had any control.

His role in some matters will have been pre-determined for him so please be aware his situation is not easy. 

Someone has mentioned what suddenly started changing after 3 years with these people.

Abdallah changed a great deal and was visually different after his father died. He previously had a level of control that was mainly acceptable and some tolerance had to be given to him given his massive investment and eagerness for the club to succeed .

Covid and his continued absence have been a disaster in my eyes. On many occasions he had tried to be fair and as I have said previously ,in himself he is a thoroughly decent guy. His  current ideas of running a football club and business generally differ from mine.

Family ties in key club positions have been his downfall, but despite numerous reminders he fails to accept the consequences of his inaction.

As I have mentioned previously my breakdown with them coincides with changes to the infra structure of the club, relationships with outside agencies, the ongoing deterioration of welfare and the treatment of staff. Ongoing financial strategy changes , which I challenged regularly, suggested to me that the club was heading for oblivion.

They would tell you that I was a trouble causer because I dare stand up up for staff and sponsors in well reported circumstances.

I hope this helps. Please come back if I can help further.

Archived