A True Leader (of the fans) is Needed - and Quickly

I have read with interest many threads on here; particularly the ones attempting reconciliation from Barry Owen. 

Of one thing I am certain; now is the time for a real leader to step from out of the shadows and galvanise the fans. I think Barry may be trying to vie for position. Nothing personal at all, Barry, but great, effective leaders have certain characteristics and one of the primary ones is "trust". The followers have to have absolute trust in their leader, otherwise the followers will splinter. Your past record , Barry, brings trust into question.

The momentum seems to be growing amongst the fans; step forward a true leader please and we just might, just might achieve success.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I have read with interest many threads on here; particularly the ones attempting reconciliation from Barry Owen. 

Of one thing I am certain; now is the time for a real leader to step from out of the shadows and galvanise the fans. I think Barry may be trying to vie for position. Nothing personal at all, Barry. but great, effective leaders have certain characteristics and one of the primary ones is "trust". The followers have to have absolute trust in their leader, otherwise the followers will splinter. Your past record , Barry, brings trust into question.

The momentum seems to be growing amongst the fans; step forward a true leader please and we just might, just might achieve success.

Matt dean

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

Rather unite behind Stalin, Adolf, Mo, Blitz, Corney, Abdallah, Pol Pot, Gerry Adams or Mussolini than that obtuse, power hungry, lying blunderbus.

I wouldn't quite use those words, Monty (!) but I do think Barry Owen would divide fans even further, rather than galvanise them. I know he probably means well but I really do wish he would step away. 

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Matt dean

Don't know him, Andy but I`ll trust your judgement. What I think is crucial is that the person takes it on of their own volition as they are going to have to have bags of energy, plenty of spare time and be able to act as an effective adversary.

15 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I wouldn't quite use those words, Monty (!) but I do think Barry Owen would divide fans even further, rather than galvanise them. I know he probably means well but I really do wish he would step away. 

He is probably the most devisive character l have ever met in real life, and lve got family in Belfast 😂

13 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Don't know him, Andy but I`ll trust your judgement. What I think is crucial is that the person takes it on of their own volition as they are going to have to have bags of energy, plenty of spare time and be able to act as an effective adversary.

Listen to the latest BPAS podcast. Along with Andy and the other PTB lads we have intelligent, sensible, passionate and trustworthy people who love the club and have already given up a shedload of their own time to try and move the club forward. I am ready to back Matt and PTB to the hilt. Organise it and they will come.

ABSOLUTELY NOT BARRY!

Typical Barry.

It became obvious about two months ago there was a building powershift, starting with fresh blood in the trust.

Bazza, in true powershark form sniffed the blood and comes blundering loudly into the water trying to suck up the power.

Its cringeworthy patheticness of the highest order.

The coverage that Talksport and 5 Live give to the plight of L1 and L2 clubs, and to the quality of the owners of those clubs, is disgracefully poor.

BBC thinks it can pose as the people's champion whenever the FA Cup gets going, while the rest of the time Lineker & co fawn over the PL. 🤮 

I am really surprised that some of you still engage in offensive remarks and insults in reaching conclusions that are totally incorrect.

Some of you judge me but don’t know me.

I have said on previous occasion that I am

posting on OWTB to merely answer questions that people might want to ask based on my experience of the club.

I gave done that and I think some people have found that useful.

My time has come and gone and it is time for other to carry the flag. I can only offer advice moving forward. I know these brother better than most. I know how they think and react. If people don’t want to make use of that knowledge then so be it.

I do not want to engage in arguments or exchanges of personal insults, that really is not serving any purpose.

Let me make it clear I have no desire to do other than what I am currently doing. I will remain a fan and support the activities of those who seek change.

Barry is the only one with experience on the inside and any knowledge how to run a club day to day. His help and knowledge will be required. I think most on here can see that. Time to put the past in the past and use every skill available to get the club back . The reason there is such a split in the fan base is because people won’t let mistakes from the last go. He apologised, we need to pull together. He doesn’t need to run it, just help get it back.

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Barry is the only one with experience on the inside and any knowledge how to run a club day to day. His help and knowledge will be required. I think most on here can see that. Time to put the past in the past and use every skill available to get the club back . The reason there is such a split in the fan base is because people won’t let mistakes from the last go. He apologised, we need to pull together. He doesn’t need to run it, just help get it back.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just a reminder for those who don't know, this posters two biggest heroes are Tony Bliar and Simon Corney.

Looks like he's developing a new crush.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Good effort Matt but sadly the usual pointless five minutes with no chance to talk about the real issues.  They can get back to talking about Harry Kane now.

Former Crystal Palace owner sides with Latics club owner 'shocker'

4 hours ago, latics22 said:

Barry has some useful knowledge and contacts no doubt. He ain’t a leader that’s abundantly clear. There is no link between what one knows and being a good leader.

There are ideological divisions amongst our fans and I do fear that some are turned off and even intimidated by those who present their views in an articulate and analytic manner - Matt Dean’s encounter with steve Partington on the podcast where he did fan interviews is a case in point. Steve clearly feels inferior

and goes on the defensive. 

Barry calls a spade a spade and lots of fans like that. In the real world a spade is never a spade though.

Any leader needs to find a narrative and brand that speak to all groups. Boris Johnson is the master of that. 

24 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Barry has some useful knowledge and contacts no doubt. He ain’t a leader that’s abundantly clear. There is no link between what one knows and being a good leader.

There are ideological divisions amongst our fans and I do fear that some are turned off and even intimidated by those who present their views in an articulate and analytic manner - Matt Dean’s encounter with steve Partington on the podcast where he did fan interviews is a case in point. Steve clearly feels inferior

Barry calls a spade a spade and lots of fans like that. In the real world a spade is never a spade though.

Any leader needs to find a narrative and brand that speak to all groups. Boris Johnson is the master of that. 

Would agree with this...apart from the last sentence obviously.

Andy b is spot on and tbh i have always thought Matt has presented a balanced view on the podcast. However, and i'm prepared to be shot down, the podcast is surrounded by people with the same ideas/agenda and although the defence is he invites anyone on they are always outnumbered. Today, Matt met his match on Talksport, he couldn't control the interview or edit it. He was outdone by 2 media savvy intelligent ruthless businessmen in Adam Morallee and Simon Jordan, quite frankly he seemed out of his depth. Andy Halliwell does seem a better prospect for any future media excursions. They (Moralle and Jordan) have been there a million times and it showed. I'm not sure we have anyone within the fanbase that can compete under those circumstances. The trust and ptb now need a credible plan. No point calling for boycotts or protests, we need a credible plan to secure a buyer and bring Blitz, Lemsagam and the OEC to the table.

52 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Although I agree with you on much of what you say I have to pull you up on one thing, a spade usually is a spade. The fact Boris Johnson is Mr Popular doesn't make it right to kid people into believing fairies live at the bottom of garden. Barry must have had some leadership qualities to reach the position he did within the Police force and lead men into riots where they risked their own safety. I think in that position i'd probably want a leader who tells me a spade is a spade and what dangers i faced rather than Boris telling me you don't need your riot gear, they are friendly bunch really.

I also reckon right now Abdallah is massively regretting Barry not being around. He had become a battering ram for the club against the fans anger. He was probably a convenient distraction from the real issues and the pressure is now ramped up massively on the owners without him there.

15 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Andy b is spot on and tbh i have always thought Matt has presented a balanced view on the podcast. However, and i'm prepared to be shot down, the podcast is surrounded by people with the same ideas/agenda and although the defence is he invites anyone on they are always outnumbered. Today, Matt met his match on Talksport, he couldn't control the interview or edit it. He was outdone by 2 media savvy intelligent ruthless businessmen in Adam Morallee and Simon Jordan, quite frankly he seemed out of his depth. Andy Halliwell does seem a better prospect for any future media excursions. They (Moralle and Jordan) have been there a million times and it showed. I'm not sure we have anyone within the fanbase that can compete under those circumstances. The trust and ptb now need a credible plan. No point calling for boycotts or protests, we need a credible plan to secure a buyer and bring Blitz, Lemsagam and the OEC to the table.

Adam Moralle came across as neither media savvy, ruthless or intelligent 

he came across as a slimy lying prick 

Archived