BPAS PODCAST SEASON 2: 4th Oct '21 Episode 52: Home form Harm

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

These owners also have money.

I'll say again. I think he has got himself in too deep and has put most of his money into the club. He is probably hanging on, hoping to get it back. Either by turning things around so that that the club is worth what he has put in, (impossible) or someone paying what he wants now (even more impossible). He can't face up to losing his money. If he is offered the rumoured £1.5m he should snap their hands off because it's not worth that. If we get relegated it will be worth far less. He has to see that surely.

Somebody needs to sit :clown: down and explain the concept of sunk costs to him. Otherwise it won't just be the costs that are sunk.

2 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

I found that quite depressing in a way ; the anguish that Matt in particular is feeling was there for all to hear, really. A couple of points :

a) If the owner really wants his money back and it is around six million smackers, he is deluding himself

b) you are dead right that raising money has to be for clear, agreed purposes. Pompey are as good an exemplar as there is about what can be done, albeit they have a huge fan base

@basilrobbie I'd ne interested to know your thoughts here.

During Blackpools boycott what was the thought patten of those who still attended were they still supportive of the regime and how did they react both to those that boycotted and what was their reaction to when they came back?

If their were rifts between those fans that did and didn't boycott have they been healed?

23 minutes ago, al_bro said:

These owners also have money.

I'll say again. I think he has got himself in too deep and has put most of his money into the club. He is probably hanging on, hoping to get it back. Either by turning things around so that that the club is worth what he has put in, (impossible) or someone paying what he wants now (even more impossible).

Maybe he borrowed most of the money he's put in so can't  afford to sell!!!

Might be bollocks but I was told he had borrowed £6M.

6 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Not many people lend £6m unsecured. Does he have £6m worth of assets to borrow against? 

13 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Well it seems odd that a football agent can amass that sort of cash to be sure. I know they get far too much from clubs and players earnings, but nowhere near enough to be able to squander £6m.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

@basilrobbie I'd ne interested to know your thoughts here.

During Blackpools boycott what was the thought patten of those who still attended were they still supportive of the regime and how did they react both to those that boycotted and what was their reaction to when they came back?

If their were rifts between those fans that did and didn't boycott have they been healed?

Good questions.

I don't think those who continued to go were one homogenous mass. Some (a very small number) were Oyston cronies ; most weren't. Some were oblivious to the politics ; some just couldn't give up their match day fix. Some went to see family. 

Reactions to the boycott varied as well. Some were supportive in principle but didn't want to make sacrifices themselves. Some just thought we were troublemakers. 

I'd like to say the rifts have healed, but I don't think they have, completely. There is still a certain amount of bitterness - mainly felt by the boycotters, actually - about those who didn't join in. You have to bear in mind in our case the Oystons threatened to sue fans for libel and for some of the more prominent supporters out of case settlements ran into five figures. We managed to crowdfund some of those, but not all of them. 

I'd say that the fan base is as united now as it has been in a very long time. Having a team that wins games, plays good football, is well coached and behave as thought they would run through a wall for the cause does wonders in binding people together.

5 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not many people lend £6m unsecured. Does he have £6m worth of assets to borrow against? 

Wouldn't have thought so but it might make more sense if it was borrowed from who I was told! Can't put that on here.

• Matt featured this topic
14 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Well it seems odd that a football agent can amass that sort of cash to be sure. I know they get far too much from clubs and players earnings, but nowhere near enough to be able to squander £6m.

I would be surprised if he made that sort of money as an agent, all his players were in the most part, shite. 

2 hours ago, disjointed said:

I would be surprised if he made that sort of money as an agent, all his players were in the most part, shite. 

I think you'll find that AL has other business interests; I've heard he owns hotels and also has incomes from other sources. If that's not the case, God knows where he got that kind of dosh from. Maybe it was a massive loan after all.

I'm starting to think Marco's asking price is a pretty moot point considering any negotiator would have to get himself his seemingly good deal from the clown, only to then have to go to Blitz and pay him the same amount he has paid out for a load of stuff that they won't get because he's already sold it to somebody else.

So at this point the potential buyer goes 'Nah, thats absoluely ridiculous bye' whilst thinking fuckinell your a right coin grabbing cunt you. And walks away, rendering all chats with Marco completely pointless.

Dry.

16 hours ago, al_bro said:

Assuming youre right here, youre also assuming he started out in a puddle on his own with zero and then just did one thing all his life.

lt's also possible l added in the puddle for visual negative imagery, even tho Morrocco probably doesn't get puddles.

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I'm starting to think Marco's asking price is a pretty moot point considering any negotiator would have to get himself his seemingly good deal from the clown, only to then have to go to Blitz and pay him the same amount he has paid out for a load of stuff that they won't get because he's already sold it to somebody else.

So at this point the potential buyer goes 'Nah, thats absoluely ridiculous bye' whilst thinking fuckinell your a right coin grabbing cunt you. And walks away, rendering all chats with Marco completely pointless.

Dry.

It's no secret that we don't own the stadium. It was no secret to Marco when he bought just the badge. So if you are tabling an offer you will probably know this already 

It's also not quite the golden goose that some think it is too if it all came under one roof it would help us significantly but we would probably still require funding to make us competitive.

Can imagine bazza listening at the end all hurt and confused bc 'they were on my side when l went on the show'.

Absolutely loved that passion, for a minute or so my brain was in synch w what it was hearing, it was mad to experience the world how most other people do, however breif it may have been. Can see why people aquiesce thru life now, l get it.

Hope PeteG didn't hear it. Way too much truth and passion for his precious ears there.

Actually scratch that, as fans we all should be forced to listen to those last few minutes every few days until we pull our fingers out.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Can imagine bazza listening at the end all hurt and confused bc 'they were on my side when l went on the show'.

Absolutely loved that passion, for a minute or so my brain was in synch w what it was hearing, it was mad to experience the world how most other people do, however breif it may have been. Can see why people aquiesce thru life now, l get it.

Hope PeteG didn't hear it. Way too much truth and passion for his precious ears there.

Actually scratch that, as fans we all should be forced to listen to those last few minutes every few days until we pull our fingers out.

Haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about!?

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived