MATCH: vs Walsall (H) 19/10/21

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, laticsmarra said:

Not sure what game you were watching. Stobbs wasnt brilliant, but put the 2 best crosses for Latics tonight,one of which Dearnley should have converted.

Gave the ball away repeatedly, first touch terrible, slow, indecisive. He had a mare. 

10 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

0-2 much worse goal

We had about seven in the box stood watching them pass it about, awful defending

10 hours ago, doctor evil said:

The guy was a good yard offside mind

10 hours ago, JoeP said:

Came off our player..

Watching the 2nd goal back, I thought it was offside at first but there was actually a player who was a lot deeper than the rest of the defence who was playing him on.  Our left wing-back extraordinaire Hallam Hope.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Any Carlisle scout watching Latics will pass on instructions just to outmuscle our weakling players for a certain win.

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

(Stobbs) Gave the ball away repeatedly, first touch terrible, slow, indecisive. He had a mare. 

They simply overpowered us in the second half. Defensively poor (Pidge a big miss) and too often caught in possession. And yet we did play well in parts but lacked structure and  (sounds familiar) a cutting edge. Poor performances from Leutwiler, Stobbs, Dearnley and the midfield in general. And Bahamboula and Dearnley should have done better with good chances in the first half.

Curle had a poor game too. I know that he was missing Piergianni, Cisse, Hart, Adams, Hopcutt, Luamba and Jameson (🙄) but once again we were outplayed on the pitch, both technically and tactically.

Basement battle on Saturday. 😮

51 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Someone on Twitter saying Blitz was in attendance last night can anyone confirm this

Yip he was there according to a number of local journalists on Twitter. 

25 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I know he has the ability to create a chance out of nothing but I can't believe how Bahamboula never receives any criticism.   He never wins a header and most of the time can't be arsed running. 

Dylan Bahamboula vs Stevenage 

Goals - 1
Assists - 1
Key Passes - 2 
Duels Won - 11
Aerials Won - 7 

But why let the facts get in the way eh?

42 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I know he has the ability to create a chance out of nothing but I can't believe how Bahamboula never receives any criticism.   He never wins a header and most of the time can't be arsed running. 

Winning headers isn’t really his game though is it. He’s not a centre forward so harsh curle having him up there when hope who has played a lot in middle is on the wing where baha should be 

51 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Ridiculous opinion. However entitled to it you may be. Same as moaning that hope hasn't made any goal line clearances. Not his game

10 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Winning headers isn’t really his game though is it. He’s not a centre forward so harsh curle having him up there when hope who has played a lot in middle is on the wing where baha should be 

If it was upto me I'd play Bahamboula up the middle but give him the freedom to roam. Our problem is we have no real options upfront. But I agree with your general point judging Bahamboula on his ability to win headers is like judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree.

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Dylan Bahamboula vs Stevenage 

Goals - 1
Assists - 1
Key Passes - 2 
Duels Won - 11
Aerials Won - 7 

But why let the facts get in the way eh?

Wrong thread BigDog.  What were his states against Walsall?

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Ridiculous opinion. However entitled to it you may be. Same as moaning that hope hasn't made any goal line clearances. Not his game

Ridiculous opinion- calling somebody out who goes missing in matches because he can't be arsed?

Speaking of going missing. Anyone any clue why Diarra, Jameson and Fage not in matchday squad when no experienced defenders on bench?

Fans kept in the dark. A bit like trying  to see other end of pitch from Frizzell Stand. Floodlights awful and not helped by those ultra bright advert hoardings.

27 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Wrong thread BigDog.  What were his states against Walsall?

Your original post said:

“He never wins a header and most of the time can’t be arsed running”

A statement that clearly did not stipulate that it referred to just his performance in the Walsall game though did it? 

😉

5 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Floodlights awful and not helped by those ultra bright advert hoardings.

I was driving down Chadderton Way at 7.30pm and thought that the floodlights looked very dim. At first, I honestly thought that there may have been a reserve game on because the streets around were deserted. Nobody walking to the match at all. Then I noticed about half a dozen supporters walking from the direction of the Rifle Range and realised there must be a first team game on. I was saddened that a) I no longer gave a fig whether there was a first team game on or not and b) by the fact the place was like a ghost town on a match evening.

27 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Speaking of going missing. Anyone any clue why Diarra, Jameson and Fage not in matchday squad when no experienced defenders on bench?

Fans kept in the dark. A bit like trying  to see other end of pitch from Frizzell Stand. Floodlights awful and not helped by those ultra bright advert hoardings.

The club couldn't care less about fans complaints about the dim floodlights or ultra bright hoardings as sponsors are priority to them.

Surely there are EFL standards for lighting levels, or maybe they dont care either?

13 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I was driving down Chadderton Way at 7.30pm and thought that the floodlights looked very dim. At first, I honestly thought that there may have been a reserve game on because the streets around were deserted. Nobody walking to the match at all. Then I noticed about half a dozen supporters walking from the direction of the Rifle Range and realised there must be a first team game on. I was saddened that a) I no longer gave a fig whether there was a first team game on or not and b) by the fact the place was like a ghost town on a match evening.

But you still care enough to post on here to tell us that you don’t ‘give a fig’ so all is not lost …😃

24 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

The bright advert panels ARE the floodlights 😪  Without them, I think the ref would take the players off.  It would be too gloomy to continue.  The pylon in the Rochdale road end/ North stand corner has 6 of about 25/30 bulbs lit. 

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Your original post said:

“He never wins a header and most of the time can’t be arsed running”

A statement that clearly did not stipulate that it referred to just his performance in the Walsall game though did it? 

😉

Bahamboula can walk quicker than Dearnley can run these days.  Shez was our best player when he could barely even walk.

What matters is being in the right place at the right time, and he's doing better at that than most.  

3 hours ago, Boyyou said:

i as thinking same on both points. Surely if injured they’d just say?

And on the floodlights I thought it was poorly lit when I arrived, not been a night game for ages, it just looked shit and I think the floodlights make the ground at night. Done properly with decent bars and food drink on BP could be right up there as one of the best classic football grounds in uk

Archived