MATCH: vs Walsall (H) 19/10/21

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Bahamboula can walk quicker than Dearnley can run these days.  Shez was our best player when he could barely even walk.

What matters is being in the right place at the right time, and he's doing better at that than most.  

He's the best of a bad bunch.  

11 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

I know he has the ability to create a chance out of nothing but I can't believe how Bahamboula never receives any criticism.   He never wins a header and most of the time can't be arsed running. 

So out of all the total shit on the pitch, you have to pick on the one bright spark of the last 12 months. Really? FFS. I can think of at least 18-22 others who deserve to be singled out. Let's take the kids out of it. Who do you think is more deserving of praise this season, or last? 

2 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

Doing a couple of stepovers each match doesn't mean he's giving 100%

I've watched that Stevenage goal about 20 times.  Paul Warne chasing down balls into the channels doesn't generate quite the same level of excitement.

Bahamboula is a bright spark on a very dull pitch (quite literally!). It's up to the manager to work out how his faults are absorbed by the system as a whole.

I’m sitting on the fence with Bahamboula. Yes he’s one of the first names on the team sheet and one of the few who excites me. In fact the only one. However given his talent we need to see more from him both in effort and overall contribution to games. Take the game by the scruff of the neck and don’t go missing as much. 

54 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I’m sitting on the fence with Bahamboula. Yes he’s one of the first names on the team sheet and one of the few who excites me. In fact the only one. However given his talent we need to see more from him both in effort and overall contribution to games. Take the game by the scruff of the neck and don’t go missing as much. 

I sort of agree that he needs to make a bigger overall contribution to games other than a few memorable moments and bits of skill.

However as some have said he's the best we have of a bad bunch currently. There is probably a good reason why better assessors of the game than me haven't offered him a contract at a higher level, and maybe workrate off the ball as one of them.

Also it's pretty tough to win games on your own....unless your Ronaldo😉

14 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

I sort of agree that he needs to make a bigger overall contribution to games other than a few memorable moments and bits of skill.

However as some have said he's the best we have of a bad bunch currently. There is probably a good reason why better assessors of the game than me haven't offered him a contract at a higher level, and maybe workrate off the ball as one of them.

Also it's pretty tough to win games on your own....unless your Ronaldo😉

I honestly appreciate the rationale response. It can few and far between on here. 

I get frustrated by his body language at times and in a relegation battle he needs to work harder. It’s as simple as that. Working harder shouldn’t detract from his contribution going forward either.

2 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I honestly appreciate the rationale response. It can few and far between on here. 

I get frustrated by his body language at times and in a relegation battle he needs to work harder. It’s as simple as that. Working harder shouldn’t detract from his contribution going forward either.

I do wonder if Bam has the fitness levels of a professional player.. After about 30 minutes VS Steveange he was noticeably slower for a time and slowed right down as he tracked back. Defo seemed to be getting his wind back. 

Taking players on like he does probably wears you out quicker than one touch pass and move but as he's our most (only) attacking threat I can understand him wearing down a bit and i'm not convinced this team as a whole are particularly fit. 

I missed Walsall thanks to First bus being inept but it's disappointing to read the comments and loose how we did. Need another away win and hope that can prop up our dire home form. 

On 10/20/2021 at 1:53 PM, BP1960 said:

The club couldn't care less about fans complaints about the dim floodlights or ultra bright hoardings as sponsors are priority to them.

Surely there are EFL standards for lighting levels, or maybe they dont care either?

I'm sure B&Q sell lightbulbs and stepladders! :wink:

This was the latest EFL guidance I could find: https://www.efl.com/news/2013/july/appendix-1/ 

FFS…it’s a few bulbs we’re talking about here!!

All these staff positions becoming vacant, including the Evans resignation, Diarra & Jameson not in a squad that has no defenders, floodlight bulbs not being replaced and Blitz’s appearance at the last home game seems strange!

Is the plug about to be pulled!!🙏🙏

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

All these staff positions becoming vacant, including the Evans resignation, Diarra & Jameson not in a squad that has no defenders, floodlight bulbs not being replaced and Blitz’s appearance at the last home game seems strange!

I'd be amazed if he's still here in 12 months.

On 10/19/2021 at 7:50 PM, BP1960 said:

The hoardings are brighter than the floodlights, far too dazzling.

I wasn't at the game and watched it on Ifollow the next day. I think the problem is the floodlights just aren't bright enough. If they were better the LED boards wouldn't be so bad. On Ifollow it was difficult to see the ball sometimes on the fa side of the ground. Even Mikey commented about it.

On 10/21/2021 at 1:31 PM, bluehobbit said:

I do wonder if Bam has the fitness levels of a professional player.. After about 30 minutes VS Steveange he was noticeably slower for a time and slowed right down as he tracked back. Defo seemed to be getting his wind back. 

Taking players on like he does probably wears you out quicker than one touch pass and move but as he's our most (only) attacking threat I can understand him wearing down a bit and i'm not convinced this team as a whole are particularly fit. 

I missed Walsall thanks to First bus being inept but it's disappointing to read the comments and loose how we did. Need another away win and hope that can prop up our dire home form. 

I concur. After about 60 minutes he visably tires which seems evident from little tricks etc not coming off, poor passes and unable to keep the ball. Having said that I wouldn't accuse him of not trying and he would be my first name on the team sheet.

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

We can only live in hope. 

On 10/21/2021 at 3:00 PM, LaticMark said:

I'm sure B&Q sell lightbulbs and stepladders! :wink:

This was the latest EFL guidance I could find: https://www.efl.com/news/2013/july/appendix-1/ 

Saving on the lecy bill now that prices have risen.

Archived