MATCH: vs Walsall (H) 19/10/21

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Totally baffled by Curles antics tonight  he’s gotta be on borrowed time  

In some ways his hands are tied behind his back, the performance was dire, but AL's embargo has left him with an impossible situation.

12 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I agree - we can’t afford to have players playing catch up 

awful signings wasn’t in relation to either of their talents just not what we need where we are - it’s all very football manager - I signed Nani because he was available but was shit for me and couldn’t get rid - we do the same just seem to sign numbers rather than what we need ie strikers this year or defenders last year 

At least with Bettache, he's positive when he comes on - he gets in space, asks for the ball and then tries to play it forward.

Anyone saying he's not getting involved is talking bollocks and lumping him in with another player in a different position just because he is on loan is just lazy.

I'd rather see Bettache in Keillor-Dunn's role and with Keillor-Dunn playing where Hope is.  Hope can make sandwiches or wave his arms and shout from the bench for those who are impressed with that sort of thing.

8 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Totally baffled by Curles antics tonight  he’s gotta be on borrowed time  

So he doesn't have a lot to pick from, but the shape of the team looked really poor and a lot of players looked out of position, which Curle has to take some blame for.

DKD is a player that I wouldn't play anywhere else other than on the shoulder of the last defender.  He absolutely doesn't have the vision, awareness, passing nor crossing ability of an attacking midfielder or winger, but he can at least finish.  Bahamboula as a central striker is a painful waste of a player.  I only saw the 2nd half live so I didn't see Hope at left wing-back thankfully 😳 but even having him out on the left when we are chasing the game and he's just scored makes no sense.

I've gone from thinking that Curle is a good managerial choice who we should back, to one that I'd be indifferent to see stay or go despite having such a difficult environment to work in and our obvious need for continuity in the dugout.  He's been a disappointment and needs a good result on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Curle is just a dinosaur isn't he. Is he even unable or unwilling to change shape at all, even at the detriment of the team. The only way we're staying up under him is by two teams someone even being worse than us 

Scunny are doing a good job at being one of those teams, Saturday will be a good indicator of whether Carlisle could be too.

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Curle is just a dinosaur isn't he. He's unable or unwilling to change shape at all, even to the detriment of the team. The only way we're staying up under him is by two teams someone even being worse than us 

totally agree. Why he didn’t go to 4 at the back is beyond me. We then would have only had right back to sort as couto is a left back and DKD, dearnley or baha could play left wing better than hope can play left wing back. Stobbs would have to be right back but he not pushed on anyway at wing back so basically plays right back as it is. 

12 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

At least with Bettache, he's positive when he comes on - he gets in space, asks for the ball and then tries to play it forward.

Anyone saying he's not getting involved is talking bollocks and lumping him in with another player in a different position just because he is on loan is just lazy.

I'd rather see Bettache in Keillor-Dunn's role and with Keillor-Dunn playing where Hope is.  Hope can make sandwiches or wave his arms and shout from the bench for those who are impressed with that sort of thing.

I've watched Bettache closely and noticed he won't put on a challenge in. No matter how he looks off the ball he's not what's needed in our situation.

Little Harry Vaughan showed more heart than the 2 loanees put together.

Took my 7 year old daughter for her first proper game tonight. She loved it. She's an idiot.

We were absolutely awful from start to finish. No closing down at all. They were straight on us every time and it caused mistakes and hoof balls as per. Why don't we close down the opposition? They'll make mistakes. Sat back at home trying to play the counter attack with players like Bowden and Whelan who rarely cross the halfway line.

Only ones coming out of that with any credit are Vaughan, Coutto and Bahamboula because at least he tries to create

Shocking performance again...The throw in that led to the goal should have been made 15 yards back in there own half but ref never clocked it and how there goalie never got booked for Time wasting was a joke I know it never mattered in the end but referring in the league is a joke.  

31 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Scunny are doing a good job at being one of those teams, Saturday will be a good indicator of whether Carlisle could be too.

Just got back from watching Newport v Carlisle. They are no pushovers. They will believe that we are there for the taking.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

One of the worst 60 minutes I’ve seen from any player in an Oldham shirt (which takes some doing). 

Not sure what game you were watching. Stobbs wasnt brilliant, but put the 2 best crosses for Latics tonight,one of which Dearnley should have converted.

Just now, laticsmarra said:

Not sure what game you were watching. Stobbs wasnt brilliant, but put the 2 best crosses for Latics tonight,one of which Dearnley should have converted.

Yeah, he's frustrating. His touch is really poor, but he does put 2 or 3 decent balls into the box every time he plays. Which isn't much, but is more than the rest of them... 

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Curle is just a dinosaur isn't he. He's unable or unwilling to change shape at all, even to the detriment of the team. The only way we're staying up under him is by two teams someone even being worse than us 

He is a less cross Ronnie Moore

35 minutes ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Just got back from watching Newport v Carlisle. They are no pushovers. They will believe that we are there for the taking.

Any Carlisle scout watching Latics will pass on instructions just to outmuscle our weakling players for a certain win.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Any Carlisle scout watching Latics will pass on instructions just to outmuscle our weakling players for a certain win.

And beware Betache, he may come on and pass to the nearest player to him over and over again!

1 minute ago, ddot_m said:

And beware Betache, he may come on and pass to the nearest player to him over and over again!

He won't be near any opposition player to be outmusled is one way of looking at it.

Archived