MATCH: vs Swindon Ghost-town (H) 29/10/21 🎃

54 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve just got back, apologies for the delay in responding 😃

That performance today was the worst I have seen from Bahamboula.

I have to agree that everything, from his demeanour to the white long johns, was shocking. 😱

He was not alone though, as so many in a blue shirt simply did not play well.

Whelan, Bettache, Bowden, DKD, Hope and Bahamboula had dreadful games. The lack of energy and desire was exacerbated by poor decision making and poor technical skills.

The only good thing from the game was that I had Piergianni at 13/2 to score anytime 👍

nice bet 👏👏

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked every bit a non-league team today. The players just aren't very good.

Only real positive from this season is the youths breaking through, but that's only happened because the senior pros are so mediocre. I'm not convinced they're quite up to regular league football yet. 

I've just watched our academy team play at Carlisle. For me , drop the whole 1st team ( supposedly) . At least these young lads have a bit of fight & passion for our badge. Fuck off you supposedly professionals, you're fucking garbage. And fuck off Curle, at least with Kewell we were scoring goals. Why are you still here when your results are the worst we've had in months , even Scholes didn't last that long. 

K ok

Too lightweight in midfield with all 3 of Bettache, Bowden and Whealen failing to make tackles. Why play all 3? Stick Vaughan in for one of them. At least he's positive and will try and go forward. 

Spot on!
Ask these questions about our 3 midfielders today …..

1. Do they close people down? ….. No

2. Do they tackle? ….. No

3. Can they pass the ball? ….. Barely

4. Do they win headers? ..… No

5. Do they score goals? ….. No

6. Are they lightweight? ….. Absolutely!!!

That’s our standard in the middle of the park and the reason we can never get a grip of a game. There are no leaders.

We are desperate for a ‘Roy Keane’ type figure in the middle. I know that’s asking a lot but we need someone who will put some tackles in and shake his fist at his own teammates. Someone with some passion!!

Having said that, we are pretty hopeless up front - pardon the pun. Apart from DKD it’s hard to see where the goals are going to come from.

I have watched us serve up some poor performances but that topped it for me - definitely agree with the feeling sad comment. 

Curle is clueless, playing your only striker as a Right back, who surprise surprise is getting overloaded every time by Swindon - so no surprise they score with a cross from that side, it had been coming.

Curle leaves Bahamboula on all game - who just didn’t care all game. 

Has three midfielders to pick from to bring Vaughan on-, Bettache who was non-existent, Bowden who was on a yellow early doors so was afraid of putting his foot in and Whelan, who had been the best of th three. - and yep clueless Keith takes the only midfielder off who is doing anything of note.

bowden then goes off injured and end up with a midfield of bettache, dkd and harry Vaughan- no wonder we get bullied in midfield, , they were just bouncing off Swindon’s 7, Galdwin - men against boys.

Pidge was a disgrace for that third goal, no effort to defend, Simpson must have thought it was his birthday.

What fans there were left well before the end and sadness pervaded Boundary Park with stands emptying very quickly at the end - no happy clappers, no boos, no players even trying to go to the remnants of the crowd.

our club is so broken from top to bottom and I am not sure we have reached the bottom with these so called owners in charge

3 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

I have watched us serve up some poor performances but that topped it for me - definitely agree with the feeling sad comment. 

Curle is clueless, playing your only striker as a Right back, who surprise surprise is getting overloaded every time by Swindon - so no surprise they score with a cross from that side, it had been coming.

Curle leaves Bahamboula on all game - who just didn’t care all game. 

Has three midfielders to pick from to bring Vaughan on-, Bettache who was non-existent, Bowden who was on a yellow early doors so was afraid of putting his foot in and Whelan, who had been the best of th three. - and yep clueless Keith takes the only midfielder off who is doing anything of note.

bowden then goes off injured and end up with a midfield of bettache, dkd and harry Vaughan- no wonder we get bullied in midfield, , they were just bouncing off Swindon’s 7, Galdwin - men against boys.

Pidge was a disgrace for that third goal, no effort to defend, Simpson must have thought it was his birthday.

What fans there were left well before the end and sadness pervaded Boundary Park with stands emptying very quickly at the end - no happy clappers, no boos, no players even trying to go to the remnants of the crowd.

our club is so broken from top to bottom and I am not sure we have reached the bottom with these so called owners in charge

No, we haven’t yet, but looking at the fixtures in November we will have, very soon. We will be rock bottom of the football league with next to no chance of survival.

We have rescued ourselves from relegation many times over the last few years but this ‘team’ is different.

We have no strikers, no midfielders, no fight and no idea. 

We’re not getting AL out before the January window so this is as good as it’s going to get….

When this lot hit the bottom they’ll be staying bottom!!!

Get ready for the National League because it’s nailed on that’s where we’re heading!!

*********ABDALLAH OUT*********

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

There was no where near 4,000 regardless of what they announce 

They seem to be adding 1000 onto the actual attendance at the minute - don't know if that's 1000 season ticket holders not turning up or they're adding free tickets issued that don't attend. (The 3700 announced against Harrogate? was actually 2600 I'm reliably informed).

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

Pidge was a disgrace for that third goal, no effort to defend, Simpson must have thought it was his birthday

Pidge had once again played well for most of the game but I have to agree that just backing off Simpson at the end was extremely poor 😱

33 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No, we haven’t yet, but looking at the fixtures in November we will have, very soon. We will be rock bottom of the football league with next to no chance of survival.

We have rescued ourselves from relegation many times over the last few years but this ‘team’ is different.

We have no strikers, no midfielders, no fight and no idea. 

We’re not getting AL out before the January window so this is as good as it’s going to get….

When this lot hit the bottom they’ll be staying bottom!!!

Get ready for the National League because it’s nailed on that’s where we’re heading!!

*********ABDALLAH OUT*********

We haven't hit rock bottom yet, though.  Who knows where rock-bottom is?

We'll go down this season - and then start losing in the league below.  I think rock-bottom for us would be as far as going out of business.

Curle in reality, probably is shit - we seem to have regressed back to the standard amateurish performances after the slight upturn in form that was present a few weeks ago, but I'll be amazed if anyone else can come in and turn it around.

This is all the owner's fault - let's not lose sight of that.  They set the bar for their tenure by interfering with Wellens' team in the division above which cost us one relegation and their complete incompetence since looks like costing us our next one.  We can only even think about progress once they leave.

7 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Pidge had once again played well for most of the game but I have to agree that just backing off Simpson at the end was extremely poor 😱

Regardless of that 3rd goal, no way should Pidge be singled out for any criticism. He's the only player who gives it his all, week in, week out.  I've got a lot of time for the guy.

So at the start of November we find ourselves just out of the relegation trapdoor slots on goal difference 

Only 11 goals all season

Only 1 win and 1 draw at Home with 6 losses already, the most recent a 1-3 thumping by Swindon Town, a team tipped for certain relegation alongside Scunthorpe United before the season started

Our usual most positive supporters stating "a lacklustre performance" at best

Unfortunately our next 3 League fixtures really couldn't be more difficult

Away v Ipswich Town (FA Cup)

Away v Tranmere Rovers (Papa John)

Away v Exeter City 4th

Home v Port Vale 2nd

Away v Northampton Town 3rd

Away v Salford City 19th

Can't see a single point for us from these games and we are already watching out for the Carlisle and Scunthorpe results, because if we're brutally honest, none of us can see anything to suggest a stepped performance change from our own players and management team

For me. we will be adrift at the foot of the League at the end of November

32 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We haven't hit rock bottom yet, though.  Who knows where rock-bottom is?

We'll go down this season - and then start losing in the league below.  I think rock-bottom for us would be as far as going out of business.

Curle in reality, probably is shit - we seem to have regressed back to the standard amateurish performances after the slight upturn in form that was present a few weeks ago, but I'll be amazed if anyone else can come in and turn it around.

This is all the owner's fault - let's not lose sight of that.  They set the bar for their tenure by interfering with Wellens' team in the division above which cost us one relegation and their complete incompetence since looks like costing us our next one.  We can only even think about progress once they leave.

Rick Holden was talking at the excellent OAFC event  last night night and it was like a breath of fresh air to hear even with these players he'd stop all the faffing around, play at a higher tempo, get the midfield moving forward with plenty of inviting crosses to players waiting to put the ball in the net.

Exactly the opposite to the painfull to watch tactics we see now.  Worth a try KC?

Well done to the event organises btw way for raising over £1,700 toward the cause.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Rick Holden was talking at the excellent OAFC event  last night night and it was like a breath of fresh air to hear even with these players he'd stop all the faffing around, play at a higher tempo, get the midfield moving forward with plenty of inviting crosses to players waiting to put the ball in the net.

Exactly the opposite to the painfull to watch tactics we see now.  Worth a try KC?

In his book, he claims that he and some of the old guard could "sort Latics out in ten minutes".  Give him the job - I seriously doubt he could do any worse...

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Well done to the event organises btw way for raising over £1,700 toward the cause.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

In his book, he claims that he and some of the old guard could "sort Latics out in ten minutes".  Give him the job - I seriously doubt he could do any worse...

Hes applied for it several times 

his questionable Facebook rants and his liking for a drink probably rules him out 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

his questionable Facebook rants and his liking for a drink probably rules him out 

His liking for a drink will go down well with some of our supporters, how else do you get through 90 minutes. 

30 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Regardless of that 3rd goal, no way should Pidge be singled out for any criticism. He's the only player who gives it his all, week in, week out.  I've got a lot of time for the guy.

Hope had a chance similar to Simpson's and chose to fall over rather than driving on with power. Therein lies the difference in strikers.

10 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I've had many a conversation with him and he does know what he's talking about, but yes these owners don't like  people who speak their mind.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Hope had a chance similar to Simpson's and chose to fall over rather than driving on with power. Therein lies the difference in strikers.

Agree - What was he thinking when he went to ground looking for the penalty?

We had four good chances to score yesterday: 

Hope’s miserable effort.

McGahey from close in from the free kick.

Bahamboula cutting into the area and blasting the shot high over the bar.

Piergianni scoring late on.

We have missed far too many of these recently 😱

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree - What was he thinking when he went to ground looking for the penalty?

We had four good chances to score yesterday: 

Hope’s miserable effort.

McGahey from close in from the free kick.

Bahamboula cutting into the area and blasting the shot high over the bar.

Piergianni scoring late on.

We have missed far too many of these recently 😱

That's 4 from a defensive set up, just think how many we'd create with an attacking frame of mind.

Not sure how anyone who was at the game yesterday can feel anything other than sadness.

The ground was no more than 1/5 full. There was no singing from the Oldham end - neither supportive of the team or anti-regime. It’s like everyone has given up already. It was fully expected that we’d be outplayed at home again, and we were. The players are neither good enough nor interested enough. They looked bored and what summed it up for me was Curle constantly telling Bowden to ‘get in the game’. He’s not the only one that needed telling either.

Our only striker started the game RWB. The ground is falling down around us. The card machine in the main stand broke before the game even started. 

It’s a mess; a shell of a football club. We’ve been on a downward spiral for years but what these owners have done is criminal.

I know people are split on how to protest but I really do think we need people in the ground making some noise and causing a scene if only to give some illusion that we still care. It’s really heartbreaking.

Archived