MATCH: vs Swindon Ghost-town (H) 29/10/21 🎃

18 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If Millwall or Portsmouth were watching that they’ll end any interest in Bam, easily his worse showing for us summed up in blazing over the bar at the end when it was easier to hit the target 

if I was Curle I’d be on the phone to Spurs asking if they could send the highly rated Jamie Bowden instead of whatever the hell it is we’ve got using his name 

I’d then hand in my resignation 

only McGahey and Coutto come out of that with any credit and to a lesser extent Leuitwiler has although he conceded three he made some crucial saves to stop it being a cricket score 

their number 9 showed exactly what we miss - a big horrible lump of a league 2 striker 

we are a poor team with awful

amatuer players - they aren’t even raffle winners they’re just shit 

Every team knows now we are a team of shrinking violets so easily pushed off the ball.

Curle's tactics are just unbelievable. 3 defensive midfielders and he says we must get forward more and score goals.

It's the same pattern every game,no pressing or closing down, no heart, no desire, no nothing. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If Millwall or Portsmouth were watching that they’ll end any interest in Bam, easily his worse showing for us summed up in blazing over the bar at the end when it was easier to hit the target 

if I was Curle I’d be on the phone to Spurs asking if they could send the highly rated Jamie Bowden instead of whatever the hell it is we’ve got using his name 

I’d then hand in my resignation 

only McGahey and Coutto come out of that with any credit and to a lesser extent Leuitwiler has although he conceded three he made some crucial saves to stop it being a cricket score 

their number 9 showed exactly what we miss - a big horrible lump of a league 2 striker 

we are a poor team with awful

amatuer players - they aren’t even raffle winners they’re just shit 

You didn’t ring me about painting your gaff. . . 

Were you busy cheese grating your knees? 

Yes, we’ve had registration problems and a fair few injuries but only 1 win and 4 points from the opening 8 home games is absolutely dire and not acceptable.

We’ll struggle to amass even 40 points at this rate and IMO having Adams, Hart, and Hopcutt back will not make the slightest difference whatsoever!

The fact that the 🤡🤡’s don’t want to spend any more money is probably the reason Curle still has a job because under normal circumstances he’d be well gone.

This is easily the worst squad squad in living memory and If Carlisle and Scunthorpe manage a decent January window, personally, I think we’re fucked!

Well I was there!  It isn’t simply that they collectively aren’t good enough it was another attempt to play three at the back. The showing from half time when we played 4 was better.

Hope isn’t the striker we need but he does at least commit the defence whereas first half a stroll in the park with the out of position Bambouzle.

We would improve if the missing players become available. Why so many are missing is a mystery. 

That was an embarrassing performance (and that's putting it VERY mildly)too many square pegs running around like headless chickens.

Positives: clarke at least showing a bit of bite and err..that's about it for me.

The rest were fkng garbage- shit formation shit tempo shit attitude = shit result.

46 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Every team knows now we are a team of shrinking violets so easily pushed off the ball.

Curle's tactics are just unbelievable. 3 defensive midfielders and he says we must get forward more and score goals.

It's the same pattern every game,no pressing or closing down, no heart, no desire, no nothing. 

I wouldn’t mind so much if he showed any inclination to change things in game but he just stands there and finally makes like for like subs in the 80th minute 

And don’t get me started on playing a right back (Clarke) on the left of a back 3 first half 

bollocks 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:04 AM, TheBigDog said:

Granted he could work harder in closing down but I’m not convinced that he is lazy… 

I will watch his overall game tomorrow and report back 👍

so whats your thoughts BigDog ? 

First team we encounter who can score a goal ( let's not get  carried away with Swindon,they are by no means prolific ) and our supposedly mean defence decide to go walkabout.

This team and it's manager are the worst i have ever seen in all my years of watching.

We are well and truly up shit creek,anyone expecting there to be a couple of teams worse than us is deluded.  

31 minutes ago, archiecat said:

First team we encounter who can score a goal ( let's not get  carried away with Swindon,they are by no means prolific ) and our supposedly mean defence decide to go walkabout.

This team and it's manager are the worst i have ever seen in all my years of watching.

We are well and truly up shit creek,anyone expecting there to be a couple of teams worse than us is deluded.  

we were pushing on though for final 2. I’d prefer that than the inevitable opener and first half tactics where we sit off and have absolutley nothing up front to work with 

33 minutes ago, archiecat said:

i though the back 4 were and are just about ok. Mcgahey and pier are ok, Clarke is much better right back and couto can do a better job at left back than he can at wing back. It’s the featherweight 3 in front that make it hard. Battache may as well not be there and whelan and Bowden are too lightweight to play together. Diarra has to be in to tackle, not that he’s great but he puts his foot in 

Curle lost us that one. 

Once again we don't have the players for this 3 at the back 1 up top nonsense. 

If your playing Bam up front at least give him a partner to work with. 

Hope got cought out a lot as a wing back and I'm glad that experiment ended.. 

Too lightweight in midfield with all 3 of Bettache, Bowden and Whealen failing to make tackles. Why play all 3? Stick Vaughan in for one of them. At least he's positive and will try and go forward. 

Lucky to only be one down at the break but we managed to show some degree of fight and got a foothold and as soon as we pressured their back line openings appeard but we are so thin on quality we couldn't make anything of it. Both Bam and Dkd were awful and nothing worked for either of them. 

Swindon looked decent but didn't get out of first gear in the first 45. Why can't we start on the front foot more often. 

We must find a way too strengthen other wise our league stay, surely, is over. 

Worrying performance today, clearly not progressing or learning from previous errors.

Reminiscent of a couple of games under Dino when we fell to pieces and didnt have a clue how to respond. The manager can point at the limitations of his squad but this does not justify poor tactics.

Didnt expect Faysal to be in the first eleven, he struggles to influence the game, I would argue Raphael could have offered more today.

Defense had too much to do again, the ball comes straight back, Benny Couto continues to impress.

We have moved on from Harry Kewell's cavalier road to nowhere style, which was entertaining, to a winless slide into relegation.

The bench was weak today, baffled that Dylan Fage wasn't introduced.

Bringing on the young and clearly talented Isaac Modi really odd.

With five teams now dropping away from mid table, we are already in deep trouble.

If the squad cannot be improved, hard to see a positive outcome, I believe relegation is akin to oblivion for this club.

Presumably any settlement of EFL loan is predicated by sale of one or more players, I fear it is several players, with no certainty that the owner would reinvest the proceeds.

Very good call on BBC Manchester just after the game from David, spoke very well about how we feel, the word is sad.

1 hour ago, Hands on said:

Well I was there!  It isn’t simply that they collectively aren’t good enough it was another attempt to play three at the back. The showing from half time when we played 4 was better.

Hope isn’t the striker we need but he does at least commit the defence whereas first half a stroll in the park with the out of position Bambouzle.

We would improve if the missing players become available. Why so many are missing is a mystery. 

Stobbs seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

You can't stay up with just draws

You can't win unless you score

You can't score if you don't get the ball

You can't get the ball with that midfield and if you don't press and tackle

Would ditch any number of players in January if it means we get 2x midfielders who can win a ball and 1x striker who can score at least 1 in 3.

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

so whats your thoughts BigDog ? 

I’ve just got back, apologies for the delay in responding 😃

That performance today was the worst I have seen from Bahamboula.

I have to agree that everything, from his demeanour to the white long johns, was shocking. 😱

He was not alone though, as so many in a blue shirt simply did not play well.

Whelan, Bettache, Bowden, DKD, Hope and Bahamboula had dreadful games. The lack of energy and desire was exacerbated by poor decision making and poor technical skills.

The only good thing from the game was that I had Piergianni at 13/2 to score anytime 👍

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ve just got back, apologies for the delay in responding 😃

I have to agree that everything, from his demeanour to the white long johns, was shocking. 😱

He was not alone though, as so many in a blue shirt simply did not play well.

Whelan, Bettache, Bowden, DKD, Hope and Bahamboula had dreadful games. The lack of energy and desire was exacerbated by poor decision making and poor technical skills.

The only good thing from the game was that I had Piergianni at 13/2 to score anytime 👍

Do you drive from Reading to every match? 

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I live in Oxfordshire which is a little closer - but not every match - more like 10-15 home games. That’s all I can take!

Do you whip yourself and stick pins in your scrotum too??

I live near Blackburn and it’s too far for that shite 

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Great move from Curle to completely ruin our most potent attacking threat when running at the opposition by having him playing with his back to goal. 

Archived