MATCH: vs Swindon Ghost-town (H) 29/10/21 🎃

57 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Pidge had once again played well for most of the game but I have to agree that just backing off Simpson at the end was extremely poor 😱

He's been comfortably our best player all season... Wins absolutely everything in the air, and is also our biggest goal threat, depressingly.

For their third, I was more cross at the lack of urgency from the rest of the team to get back and cover. Not one of them busting a gut to help him out. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

We will be adrift with Scunthorpe Carlisle and Stevenage. Mansfield will pull away I think. 

You may well be right as all 3 have the same problem as we do in front of goal

Always a chance if we're one of four adrift

It is all very sad and everone on this thread has the same analysis not the usual differing opinions. 

We have been served up with a squad that man for man is not good enough to play in Division 2,some not even the National League. No manager would get a sufficient tune out of them to avoid relegation. No doubt the players try their best eventhough it sometimes doesn't look so. The buck stops firmly and squarely with the Lemsagam brothers. I fear for us even in the National League 

3 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

It is all very sad and everone on this thread has the same analysis not the usual differing opinions. 

We have been served up with a squad that man for man is not good enough to play in Division 2,some not even the National League. No manager would get a sufficient tune out of them to avoid relegation. No doubt the players try their best eventhough it sometimes doesn't look so. The buck stops firmly and squarely with the Lemsagam brothers. I fear for us even in the National League 

i agree there is the bigger picture but how can u say that when our only centre forward type is being played at right wing back getting overloaded time after time by the oppo. How is sitting off and trying to keep a clean sheet the best option when we have a load of winger types and non working front two? I think someone else would get a better tune out of them. Whether that would keep us up not sure but they could be played in their actual positions to start with 

There is definitely a better tune to be played out of this lot but Curle seems totally devoid of any ideas of how to get it.

It’s the same shite game after game and whilst changing a manager is not going to solve obvious squad inadequacies a shift in direction and tactics would definitely give the team half a chance.

If we continue down this route we are almost certainly destined for the National League!!

Is AL even bothered anymore??

His October deadline for his new 3 year plan has come & gone.

AL, just sell the fucking club & be quick about it!!!

14 minutes ago, mick26 said:

He'd have been subbed at half time for me but 99.9% sure it was him rather than Hope who twice dived looking for a pen.

Hope definitely did it once and the crowd was incandescent he didn’t get it…

Was never a penalty as long as I have a hole in my anus 

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

There is definitely a better tune to be played out of this lot but Curle seems totally devoid of any ideas of how to get it.

It’s the same shite game after game and whilst changing a manager is not going to solve obvious squad inadequacies a shift in direction and tactics would definitely give the team half a chance.

If we continue down this route we are almost certainly destined for the National League!!

Is AL even bothered anymore??

His October deadline for his new 3 year plan has come & gone.

AL, just sell the fucking club & be quick about it!!!

Harry Kewell is available 

and the fact I’m saying that shows how shite we are 

6 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hope definitely did it once and the crowd was incandescent he didn’t get it…

Was never a penalty as long as I have a hole in my anus 

Technically your anus is a hole.  If you have a hole in it you probably need to get it checked out.

3 hours ago, laticsmarra said:

Looking at Southend’s current position, I’m inclined to agree with you 👀

After leaving yesterdays game before the final whistle, which was the first time in 63 years of watching Latics that I had done so, I walked to my car and set off on the 100 mile drive home. 

And even after a almost 24 hours of calming down, I'm not sure that I can continue making the trip to home games.  The whole experience is just the same depressing bore fest.  It's all so predictable.

The team is nowhere near good enough to keep us in division 2. The owners, obviously don't care, and I'm sure, will just run the club into the ground.

The players are doing their best, but that will not be enough to keep us up. Some of that team may scratch a living from football, but most will not. Piergianni, Mc Gahey, Whelan, Clarke and with better players around him Dunne, could have a team built around them. The rest are plain and simply not good enough.

The manager doesn't seem to want to change tactics, and attack more, even though he states that he wants the team to " get forward more". But his set up yesterday with our only recognized striker🤣 playing at wing back suggests otherwise. Curle plays boring football, and his interviews are equally boring.

We are in a hell of a mess, and I see nothing but National league football coming our way.

And through it all, I keep asking the questions " What are the Lemmies in this for " ?  " And why, do they show no signs of showing any concern about the plight that we are in ?

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

it's hard to believe that morale is high and without that the motivation of most humans tends to fade

I tend to agree. Also there was very little encouragement from the stands yesterday - that cannot have helped. 

The boycott having an unwelcome impact maybe? 🤔

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I tend to agree. Also there was very little encouragement from the stands yesterday - that cannot have helped. 

The boycott having an unwelcome impact maybe? 🤔

Is there a boycott?  It's just increasing lack of interest in my book.  I'm sure there are a few that may be boycotting but what's being served up isn't going to pull any crowds in.

1 minute ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

Oldham Times reporting that there are 10 players 'missing' which I assume means injured. Will it make a difference when they are fit? That is the question.........

Stobbs

Cisse

Luamba

Dearnley

Hopcutt

Hart

Adams

Rogers

who are the other 2? Jamieson? Fage?

At any rate I see nothing in that list to suggest they will change anything 

I've just watched the game and considering Swindon only had six players contracted with only a very short time before the season started, they have proved that players don't need time to get accustomed to each other and that they can be picked up at the end of the transfer window, under the same embargo as us. The manager deserves full credit for such a remarkable job, They were far quicker and moved around much better than we did. We had absolutely no threat up front at all. First half they totally dominated us and should have been out of site. Second half we improved but without threat, although Hope should have been given the penalty. The ref. was as bad as we were.

6 minutes ago, al_bro said:

although Hope should have been given the penalty. The ref. was as bad as we were.

Funny how we can see the same thing and come to different conclusions

ill look at again but at the time thought he played for it

id have been livid if it was given against us 

Archived