The Positive contribution to Oldham Athletic thread

As its the season of goodwill I thought I'd start a thread trying to give credit to some of the staff at Oldham Athletic because I reckon their are alot of good people at our football club who deserve abit of love. I bet some of them read this forum and probably think we are all knobheads.

So what I want is if you have had someone at the club do something good for you, if you have seen an act of kindness, or someone going the extra mile it could be anyone, a player, a coach, a member of the community Trust, someone in the ticket office, a steward a turnstile operator. Share it and stick in this thread.

I saw at the game against Forrest Green Keillor-Dunn gave his shirt to a young lad in the crowd after the game. Its not a big thing you might think but it will have made that young lads day and I'm very much a believer that small things can make a difference.

Keep it positive try and avoid conversations about Brassbank and The Lemsagams.

Edited by GlossopLatic
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i have not attended a game all season however I would like to pay credit to the players and coaching staff in paying respects to several fans who sadly died this season. I am aware of several instances where players stood in respect as hearse went past and other instances. 

Hoping all players and staff and supporters have a good Festive period, Merry Christmas to all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

As its the season off goodwill I thought I'd start a thread trying to give credit to some of the staff at Oldham Athletic because I reckon their are alot of good people at our football club who deserve abit of love. I bet some of them read this forum and probably think we are all knobheads.

So what I want is if you have had someone at the club do something good for you, if you have seen an act of kindness, or someone going the extra mile it could be anyone, a player, a coach, a member of the community Trust, someone in the ticket office, a steward a turnstile operator. Share it and stick in this thread.

I saw at the game against Forrest Green keillor-Dunn gave his shirt to a young lad in the crowd after the game. Its not a big thing you might think but it will have made that young lads day and I'm very much a believer that small things can make a difference.

Keep it positive try and avoid conversations about Brassbank and The Lemsagams.

Occasional glimpses of the club we want Latics to be Glossop...

• Thanks 1

Can I mention one person who I think deserves it my work collegue Andy who also looks after the match day cctv at Boundary Park keeping us all safe on a match day .who is currently in the CCU at Royal Oldham Hospital after a heart atack attack two weeks ago get well soon mate 

• Like 13

Some one at The Club recently arranged for all the squad to sign a 90th Birthday card for my Dad, and delivered on time and although a small gesture by each of them  was wonderfully appreciated by my Dad.

He started my interest in Latics, some 50 odd years ago, when we were second bottom of 4th Division, and he reminded me we were seeking reelection not for the first time  ... how things change !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ogdenwoodwhittle said:

Some one at The Club recently arranged for all the squad to sign a 90th Birthday card for my Dad, and delivered on time and although a small gesture by each of them  was wonderfully appreciated by my Dad.

He started my interest in Latics, some 50 odd years ago, when we were second bottom of 4th Division, and he reminded me we were seeking reelection not for the first time  ... how things change !

Good to hear the players did that

On 12/19/2021 at 3:19 AM, peanuts2 said:

Can I mention one person who I think deserves it my work collegue Andy who also looks after the match day cctv at Boundary Park keeping us all safe on a match day .who is currently in the CCU at Royal Oldham Hospital after a heart atack attack two weeks ago get well soon mate 

Hope he makes a speedy recovery these are the people that have kept our football club ticking over in the background for years I want to see them have better bosses.

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

They’ve done a great job today 

l think we may have hijacked a well meaning thread here Chad, quite possibly in bad taste. 

No disrespect intended, sorry. There is somehow some good people left at the club and l wish to publicly doff my cap in their direction.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

l think we may have hijacked a well meaning thread here Chad, quite possibly in bad taste. 

No disrespect intended, sorry. There is somehow some good people left at the club and l wish to publicly doff my cap in their direction.

True, the pitch still looks good despite only having the guy who thought a kettle of boiling water would get the Peterborough game on looking after it!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

True, the pitch still looks good despite only having the guy who thought a kettle of boiling water would get the Peterborough game on looking after it!

The pitch should look good, it's had a lot of shit on it!

4 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

The pitch should look good, it's had a lot of shit on it!

As somehow a nailed on optimist and staunch defender of anybody l deem to be 'on our side' l would like to object to such sweeping statements. l would like to. But l won't because youre right and l really like what you did there.

18 minutes ago, disjointed said:

So we've gone from those in the club doing good things, to the pile of shite that plays on it, and it's still on page 1. Congratulations. 

maybe the good things don’t beat one page

someone mentioned the Community Trust - separate company nothing to do with the club

the club is fucking toxic and Sandra on the turnstiles is not going to change that - especially after today 

Edited by Chaddyexile84

4 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

The friendly female steward who stands in the paddock at the RRE side is a credit to the club.  She was at Salford away as well. 

Think I know who you mean, a lot of the Oldham stewards (not the Taurus lot) do a good job. 

• Matt featured this topic

I think the players deserve a bit of a nod.

Can't be easy to focus on the the job with all the negative shit going on around the club.

Don't think there's a lack of desire on the whole and they're ultimately responsible for keeping us in the football league, so deserve a few positive vibes..

Edited by JoeP
responsible for keeping us in the football league, not just the division!
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I think the players deserve a bit a nod.

Can't be easy to focus on the the job with all the negative shit going on around the club.

Don't think there's a lack of desire on the whole and they're ultimately responsible for keeping us in the division, so deserve a few positive vibes..

If they give 100% then I’ll back them 100% 👍

• Like 1