MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (H) 26/12/21

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Can anybody really defend fan’s favourite Dylan Bahamboula after that second half performance.
disappeared, AGAIN.

Thought he had some bright moments 2nd half. 2 decent efforts on goal and a header he should have done better with.. If anyone was getting us a 2nd goal before we pressed the self destruct button I thought he was most likely. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Only Couto, Vaughan come out with any credit in this game.  

Rest have been awful…particularly sick of Whelan with his hesitancy, sick of Adams being raved about when his crosses are mostly garbage, even a bit sick of Baha not getting his head up more. Leutwiler is a total liability…no wonder he stuck around waiting for a new contract. 

Couto's all over the place defensively... 

Well the team selection was bizzare and it cost us.. 

McGahey must start if fit. Stupid not to play him. Diarra just isn't good enough and once Hart moved into the middle we looked even worse. Loads of room for Scunthorpe to play through us and they could have had 4 or 5 in the end. 

Vaughan started well and we took the lead was it a cross was it a shot?? hard to tell from my angle but a rare 1st half goal. Scunthorpe got some promising crosses in down our left but had no one to take advantage. 

2nd half they bring on a big number 9 and get level. A lot of luck involved but the warnings had been there all game. Why not bring in Hart earlier or go 442 and close the gaps in wide areas. but yet another cross from our left.. Big lad throws a boot at it and from there they took control. 

We did have a spell in the 2nd half where Dylan looked like he might conjour something but wasn't to be. 

Pidge only he knows what he was doing for that 2nd but after that we were absolutely God awful. 

Cisse is terrible his passing was better today. But for someone of his size doesn't win many tackles.. And his positioning awful.. 

Whealan too lightweight. 

Stobbs terrible. 

Hope did hold s the ball once or twice but its just not his game being the lone striker. 

A disaster of a season setup by dire recruitment, tactics and almost total mismanagment. Abdallah and Mo need to cut their losses and go. They aren't going to recoup what they have put in but we might have a football club if they leave. 

If we go down we will shed more fans and many may choose to stay away.. Why keep putting money into this s*** show and there are some good sized clubs in the division below. Chesterfield, Stockport etc. 

The grim reaper is knocking on the door.. Relegation awaits 

1 minute ago, bluehobbit said:

Well the team selection was bizzare and it cost us.. 

McGahey must start if fit. Stupid not to play him. Diarra just isn't good enough and once Hart moved into the middle we looked even worse. Loads of room for Scunthorpe to play through us and they could have had 4 or 5 in the end. 

Vaughan started well and we took the lead was it a cross was it a shot?? hard to tell from my angle but a rare 1st half goal. Scunthorpe got some promising crosses in down our left but had no one to take advantage. 

2nd half they bring on a big number 9 and get level. A lot of luck involved but the warnings had been there all game. Why not bring in Hart earlier or go 442 and close the gaps in wide areas. but yet another cross from our left.. Big lad throws a boot at it and from there they took control. 

We did have a spell in the 2nd half where Dylan looked like he might conjour something but wasn't to be. 

Pidge only he knows what he was doing for that 2nd but after that we were absolutely God awful. 

Cisse is terrible his passing was better today. But for someone of his size doesn't win many tackles.. And his positioning awful.. 

Whealan too lightweight. 

Stobbs terrible. 

Hope did hods the ball once or twice but its just not his game being the lone striker. 

A disaster of a season setup by fire recruitment, tatcis and almost total mismanagment. Abdallah and Mo need to cut their losses and go. They aren't going to recoup what they have put in but we might have a football club if they leave. 

If we go down we will shed more fans and there are some good sized clubs in the division below. Chesterfield, Stockport etc. 

The grim reaper is knocking on the door.. Relegation awaits 

The decision not to start McGahey and then put Hart on at CB makes me wonder if he’s the next one to play for the youth team in budgie smugglers 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The decision not to start McGahey and then put Hart on at CB makes me wonder if he’s the next one to play for the youth team in budgie smugglers 

Probably.. I think selim said he turned up late to training so losses out at FGR but we conceded 5... Unless he's been cought with Mos Mrs he must start. 

Although it's getting to the point where it probably doesn't matter. 

A new low this evening.

Terrible performance against an equally poor side, anything less than three points would merely increase the probability of relegation.

I don't know any of the players, or have any connections with people who genuinely know the situation in the dressing room, but it is evident to me that several of the players are focused on their next club.

Some know they are off in January, the rest only have to suffer this for a few months, whereas I'm in for life.

My heart is breaking.

Curiously, Abdallah has an opportunity to demonstrate that he is sincere, honest and capable of rescuing the situation.

Nothing suggests this will happen, but January is the final chance to save the club. This means, settling the EFL loan and recruiting enough talent to avoid relegation.

I remain convinced that if nothing changes, we are down, which is oblivion for my club.

Do something Abdallah.

2 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

A new low this evening.

Terrible performance against an equally poor side, anything less than three points would merely increase the probability of relegation.

I don't know any of the players, or have any connections with people who genuinely know the situation in the dressing room, but it is evident to me that several of the players are focused on their next club.

Some know they are off in January, the rest only have to suffer this for a few months, whereas I'm in for life.

My heart is breaking.

Curiously, Abdallah has an opportunity to demonstrate that he is sincere, honest and capable of rescuing the situation.

Nothing suggests this will happen, but January is the final chance to save the club. This means, settling the EFL loan and recruiting enough talent to avoid relegation.

I remain convinced that if nothing changes, we are down, which is oblivion for my club.

Do something Abdallah.

The problem is that even if Abdallah does settle the EFL loan any “talent” will be being recruited by that clueless tosser Mo 

Hes probably on the phone to Sefil and Vera as we speak 

19 minutes ago, bluehobbit said:

Probably.. I think selim said he turned up late to training so losses out at FGR but we conceded 5... Unless he's been cought with Mos Mrs he must start. 

Although it's getting to the point where it probably doesn't matter. 

Like he has a mrs, the Absolute tramp living off his brother, putting tramps down calling that scruff a tramp! I used to see the team that was adrift at the bottom of league two and think Christ how bad must they be… now we’re that team !

54 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Couto's all over the place defensively... 

One of the better players today, but time and time the ball was lofted in the air and he lost its flight.

The best back 4 we can play is Clarke McGahey Piergianni and Hart.

Rogers has to return in goal. 

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

One of the better players today, but time and time the ball was lofted in the air and he lost its flight.

Spot on BP. We all know what our best back four is.   Only problem is, Mo picks the team.  🤡

51 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The problem is that even if Abdallah does settle the EFL loan any “talent” will be being recruited by that clueless tosser Mo 

Hes probably on the phone to Sefil and Vera as we speak 

I don't disagree with your pessimistic outlook @Chaddyexile84.

If Abdallah is serious about redemption, do something positive and quick.

Describing Oldham Athletic as a 'club in crisis' doesn't go far enough, its more profound than that.

While the probability is vanishingly small, if Abdallah did recruit a handful of good 4th division professionals, we would have a credible chance of avoiding relegation.

At this point, even though the sale of Benny, Harry maybe another one of our gifted youth would hurt, I would stomach it if this it ultimately enabled the club to avoid relegation.

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Rogers has to return in goal. 

12 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Spot on BP. We all know what our best back four is.   Only problem is, Mo picks the team.  🤡

I’m assuming Clarke is injured (again) and I like him 

7 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

I don't disagree with your pessimistic outlook @Chaddyexile84.

If Abdallah is serious about redemption, do something positive and quick.

Describing Oldham Athletic as a 'club in crisis' doesn't go far enough, its more profound than that.

While the probability is vanishingly small, if Abdallah did recruit a handful of good 4th division professionals, we would have a credible chance of avoiding relegation.

At this point, even though the sale of Benny, Harry maybe another one of our gifted youth would hurt, I would stomach it if this it ultimately enabled the club to avoid relegation.

Abdallah has no interest in redemption he would rather stick it to the fans rather than stay up, he's that kind of spiteful.

I would also stomach the sale of Vaughan and Benny for several sturdy L2 pro's who would get us over the line. But that's applying common sense and that left the building sometime ago.

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Abdallah has no interest in redemption he would rather stick it to the fans rather than stay up, he's that kind of spiteful.

I would also stomach the sale of Vaughan and Benny for several sturdy L2 pro's who would get us over the line. But that's applying common sense and that left the building sometime ago.

The problem is though, we avoid the drop this time (highly unlikely). Next year is the same shite. Its getting to the point where I can't be arsed with it anymore. 

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

The problem is though, we avoid the drop this time (highly unlikely). Next year is the same shite. Its getting to the point where I can't be arsed with it anymore. 

This might be me, desperately reaching for a silver lining, and I don't have any concrete evidence to back this theory up. But, Im hoping here that he will be gone in the next 12 months I'm hoping that departure sees us in the football league and where a new owner can repair the situation.

5 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This might be me, desperately reaching for a silver lining, and I don't have any concrete evidence to back this theory up. But, Im hoping here that he will be gone in the next 12 months I'm hoping that departure sees us in the football league and where a new owner can repair the situation.

He'll go if we are relegated as the solidarity payments will almost disappear - if we stay up he'll still want too much so we'll have to starve him of funds by not renewing season tickets.

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

He'll go if we are relegated as the solidarity payments will almost disappear - if we stay up he'll still want too much so we'll have to starve him of funds by not renewing season tickets.

Will he though? He’ll still want a lot for it. There’s no genuine reason to hold now when we are facing the abyss. Surely he can see we will likely go down. Why not try to get rid while we are still a football league club and get as much as he can back. Don’t see him doing that though? 

33 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I’m assuming Clarke is injured (again) and I like him 

not seen any post match info so happy to be informed otherwise but u just don’t know what is going on. He might be, he might just have annoyed mo. On the selection front Mcgahey and dkd have to be in our best 11. Dkd is top scorer so surely has to be playing at home to scunny but he’s left out. Again not sure why. 

Just now, Careca9 said:

not seen any post match info so happy to be informed otherwise but u just don’t know what is going on. He might be, he might just have annoyed mo. On the selection front Mcgahey and dkd have to be in our best 11. Dkd is top scorer so surely has to be playing at home to scunny but he’s left out. Again not sure why. 

The club don’t give injury updates anymore (or anything at all unless an own goal club statement) already said I feel McGahey is the next to be wearing a youth kit 

Archived