MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (H) 26/12/21

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The club don’t give injury updates anymore (or anything at all unless an own goal club statement) already said I feel McGahey is the next to be wearing a youth kit 

The Oldham Times interview said Clarke and McGahey were due to play but Clarke phoned up as his daughter was in hospital and McGahey was ill/injured. DKD was supposed to be dropped last game but Hopcutt was late so was benched.

What's pretty clear is that the useless t@ats have given Selim the job even though he is almost as unqualified as Darren Kelly (but more unsuitable)for the job.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

The Oldham Times interview said Clarke and McGahey were due to play but Clarke phoned up as his daughter was in hospital and McGahey was ill/injured. DKD was supposed to be dropped last game but Hopcutt was late so was benched.

What's pretty clear is that the useless t@ats have given Selim the job even though he is almost as unqualified as Darren Kelly (but more unsuitable)for the job.

cheers - well putting an ill/injured player on the bench is broken biscuits too 

20 minutes ago, mick26 said:

He'll go if we are relegated as the solidarity payments will almost disappear - if we stay up he'll still want too much so we'll have to starve him of funds by not renewing season tickets.

Or worse still he'd make us go part time on a par with Ashton United.

5 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Do we believe a word this club says?

9 hours ago, mick26 said:

He'll go if we are relegated as the solidarity payments will almost disappear - if we stay up he'll still want too much so we'll have to starve him of funds by not renewing season tickets.

The EFL loan is being paid back and is being taken out of solidarity payments and so he is not getting them. Even with full solidarity payments no efl loan to pay back this football club is losing money hand over fist.

The reality of this will catch up with him at some point soon whether it's through administration or it's genuine choice.  He can't go on like this, and that unhinged performance on talksport shows that he knows it too.

I'm not saying I know when exactly but he will leave at some point fairly soon.

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The EFL loan is being paid back and is being taken out of solidarity payments and he is not getting them. Even with full solidarity payments this football club is losing money hand over fist. This reality of this will catch up with him at some point wether it's through administration or it's genuine choice he can't go on like this and that unhinged performance on talksport shows that he knows it too.

I'm not saying I know when exactly but he will leave at some point fairly soon.

Spot on, or like I keep saying relegation/loss of EFL solidarity payments will force his hand to sell or put us in admin. 

The nightmare is, he just cuts the budget again while his fantasy of reclaiming the north stand drags on. If so, we’ll just go down again. 

If/when we are relegated this season the summer will be fascinating- because it will either be the start of the end game, or we we’ll continue the slide to non entity. 

5 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Terrible result. Can’t let 3 in and expect anything. Selection today just stunk of mo influence. Big game at barrow now but hard to see us getting anything. 

Every game is a big game but we all know that they are not up to competing in all these big games. I feel sorry for the players as they are the ones that have been conned into playing for this rotten regime

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

A lot of late players and I’ll children, how big is the squad ? Seems a lot like injured through dogs, racist snap chats and broken legs hhhmmm

What was blindingly obvious from today’s choice of starting eleven, through team formation and tactical setup, plus use of substitutes, is that Selim Benachour is not going to make it as a manager in this league. 

He simply isn’t the right man for the job.

23 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

What was blindingly obvious from today’s choice of starting eleven, through team formation and tactical setup, plus use of substitutes, is that Selim Benachour is not going to make it as a manager in this league. 

He had a proper strop with stobbs and called for keillor Dunn to get ready - then calmed down and changed his mind..

Luamba was stood ready to come on and they were still trying to decide who to take off.

Why did the managers arse go when Scunthorpe pulled a fortuitous goal back, we were at least a match until then and dominated spells of the game, taking Vaughan off who looks after the ball quite well in the middle of the park for a defender was literally like shooting yourself in the foot, it just gave Scunthorpe the encouragement they needed to commit a couple more men forward and that was the game done as they went through at will through a piss poor centre mid, shocking group of players we have assembled bar one or two, Hallam Hope particularly is stealing whatever we are paying him, some of the others just aren't ready for League football, keeper is a clown, Pidge makes at least one costly mistake per game,Cisse is a shithouse, Whealen the invisible man, Diarra/Stobbs wouldn't catch at Curzon (seriously), that team is God awful with a manager just relaying Mo's bile, honestly cannot see a way out for this shower of shite, just to rub it in Stockport are pulling in over 9k just down the road.

35 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If he chose that starting line up I’m fucking Jesus 

59 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Let's be honest though, it would be a miracle if he actually was going to make it.  He's certainly not in the role on merit.

I honestly can't care about who in the role as it barely has an impact on how we'll do.  Benachour doesn't offend me so having him as Mo's puppet as we head out of the EFL doesn't really bother me.  I'd be more pissed off if we brought in someone else who has an affinity with the club only for Mo to absolutely ruin them and then hold them responsible for our relegation.

8 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If he chose that starting line up I’m fucking Jesus 

I’ve read similar on Twitter and on here.

If that was Mo getting involved then even he must now believe that he has ZERO idea about League 2 football …surely? (*)

* gives head a wobble as he realises that Mo will continue doing whatever he wants to do …

The team that started yesterday was a shockingly poor lineup:

The back four (which more than often was a three due to Couto wanting to attack) was missing McGahey, Hart and Clarke- two of whom were strangely left on the bench. 
The midfield central pairing of Cisse and Whelan was constantly overrun (Cisse in particular seems to get caught in possession far too often).

Stobbs was dreadful and he should have been taken off before halftime.

And up front? We had nothing - Loft was the latest opposition forward to show just what we need to lead the line.

Just two words on Leutwiler:

poor keeper.

The only players to come out of the game with any credit were Vaughan (bizarrely taken off) and Couto going forward (the lad is no defender).

Bahamboula was not as bad as some are making out but he is a shadow of the player he was - his confidence seems shot to bits.

The substitutes made little difference and Benachour was totally outthought and outmanoeuvred by Hill in the second half.

Yesterday was the day that confirmed for me that we will drop out of the league this season. 
Are there two teams worse than us in League 2? I don’t think there are any 😞

• Matt featured this topic
10 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Nobody can do this job with the destructive narcissistic "Sporting Director" telling them what team to pick and players to play.

I actually like Selim.  The first-half was actually decent yesterday and he was animated, engaged and things were going well.  Then the second half happened....

He actually comes across as knowledgeable about the game in interviews (ignoring the "we could be this season's Bolton" line).

He might be a good manager.  He might not.  But, like the umpteen managers that have gone before him under these owners, it's impossible to judge..

9 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Let's be honest though, it would be a miracle if he actually was going to make it.  He's certainly not in the role on merit.

I honestly can't care about who in the role as it barely has an impact on how we'll do.  Benachour doesn't offend me so having him as Mo's puppet as we head out of the EFL doesn't really bother me.  I'd be more pissed off if we brought in someone else who has an affinity with the club only for Mo to absolutely ruin them and then hold them responsible for our relegation.

Three managers who love the club have been pissed off with this pair of idiots i.e. Pete Wild, Frankie Bunn and Paul Scholes, that should put a warning shot across the bow of anyone wanting the job. Don't forget that A.L. only bought the club for some kind of ego trip and to give his half wit brother something to do as Remploy is shut. A.L. should know by now that Mo knows the square root of fuck all about football but his allegiance is the problem. If A.L. wanted to get out of this situation with any dignity, he would get rid of Mo and the rest of the Stoogies first before selling the club to someone who actually has an interest in football before we are playing in the Oldham Sunday league and Boundary Park is social housing.

34 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Nobody can do this job with the destructive narcissistic "Sporting Director" telling them what team to pick and players to play.

I actually like Selim.  The first-half was actually decent yesterday and he was animated, engaged and things were going well.  Then the second half happened....

He actually comes across as knowledgeable about the game in interviews (ignoring the "we could be this season's Bolton" line).

He might be a good manager.  He might not.  But, like the umpteen managers that have gone before him under these owners, it's impossible to judge..

Selim was let down by some of his players who threw in the towel and just didn't fancy it when the going got tough.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have selected Diarra or Cisse if he had any other choice.

Like other managers he's shuffling the same bad poker hand Mo has dealt. He's got to take the flak though for not bringing on McGahey when Scunthorpe brought on their big lad. In card games terms again he was well and truly trumped.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Selim was let down by some of his players who threw in the towel and just didn't fancy it when the going got tough.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have selected Diarra or Cisse if he had any other choice.

Like other managers he's shuffling the same bad poker hand Mo has dealt. He's got to take the flak though for not bringing on McGahey when Scunthorpe brought on their big lad. In card games terms again he was well and truly trumped.

'Some' being at least eight!

Archived