MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (H) 26/12/21

Game analysis is pointless, we have been saying the same things for months on end.

We are now bottom of the league and have just been embarrassed by what was the the bottom club!!
Without a major input of capable players in January ( and we know that’s not happening ) we will be relegated….100%.

We have to get these people out of our football club because personally I would honestly, rather have no club at all than one that is being run by this shower of absolute shite!!!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was confusing to witness both the second half against Forest Green and the abject surrender against Scunthorpe.  Yes we were 1 0 up after the strike by Couto but Scunthorpe were the better side.  Come the second half and they were head and shoulders better than us.  We are undoubtedly the weakest club in the EFL and unless there is a change of ownership in the next three weeks will be relegated to the National League.

PS I don't understand the fixation on the North Stand because if the Corney deal is unwound surely the club will get back all the debt written off in exchange but then I don't understand what makes Marco & Mo tick.

PPS I will still go and watch but feel it is a sort of morbid fascination - I have a season ticket and won't be buying anything so there is no more financial support from me.

And all the while, the resignation is more accepted that we are stuffed.  The anger, rage and total frustration is subsiding, we all now know that everything that has been said against the owners has fell on deaf ears. Multiple requests for dialogue with them have been ignored, and most of us understand that next season we will be a none league club.

There cannot EVER have been a club run into the ground like ours has.  It's tragic.  We need a new dawn, we need new owners, we need something to look forward to, and we need hope ( no not him ). But first of all, we need the present owner to leave. So today I decided to do what thousands of others have already done, and I should have done myself months ago. I will not go again until the brothers grim have gone.  I see no other way out of this continuing nightmare. 

10 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

And all the while, the resignation is more accepted that we are stuffed.  The anger, rage and total frustration is subsiding, we all now know that everything that has been said against the owners has fell on deaf ears. Multiple requests for dialogue with them have been ignored, and most of us understand that next season we will be a none league club.

There cannot EVER have been a club run into the ground like ours has.  It's tragic.  We need a new dawn, we need new owners, we need something to look forward to, and we need hope ( no not him ). But first of all, we need the present owner to leave. So today I decided to do what thousands of others have already done, and I should have done myself months ago. I will not go again until the brothers grim have gone.  I see no other way out of this continuing nightmare. 

Happened to loads of other clubs, unfortunately it is currently happening to the one we support.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Happened to loads of other clubs, unfortunately it is currently happening to the one we support.

Don't agree .  Our club has been ground into the weeds , which will culminate in us being a none league club, and the clowns responsible are still here. And appear to be going nowhere. 

8 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Don't agree .  Our club has been ground into the weeds , which will culminate in us being a none league club, and the clowns responsible are still here. And appear to be going nowhere. 

There ae 12 ex-league clubs in the National League, 8 in NL North but none in NL South.  That suggests loads of clubs have fallen from grace and that there are probably too many clubs in the North to sustain.

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

There ae 12 ex-league clubs in the National League, 8 in NL North but none in NL South.  That suggests loads of clubs have fallen from grace and that there are probably too many clubs in the North to sustain.

None of the clubs that you refer to used to be in the PREMIER league.  Our fall from grace has been catastrophic.

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

Nobody can do this job with the destructive narcissistic "Sporting Director" telling them what team to pick and players to play.

I actually like Selim.  The first-half was actually decent yesterday and he was animated, engaged and things were going well.  Then the second half happened....

He actually comes across as knowledgeable about the game in interviews (ignoring the "we could be this season's Bolton" line).

He might be a good manager.  He might not.  But, like the umpteen managers that have gone before him under these owners, it's impossible to judge..

Hating on Selim is literally the laziest little grey cell wastage in the history human thinking.

Ptb oasf athleticos etc have done a fantastic job of bringing the plight of our  supporters to such prominance in the English media resulting in Abdalahs car crash interview last week where he was clearly rattled .the next step needs to be to some how expose him at home in Dubia. that would expose him and his brother for what they are  and may be enough to see then cut their loses and walk away .to qoute general patton once you have your enemy on the run dont ease off keep the pressure on so they cannot regroup 

10 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Ptb oasf athleticos etc have done a fantastic job of bringing the plight of our  supporters to such prominance in the English media resulting in Abdalahs car crash interview last week where he was clearly rattled .the next step needs to be to some how expose him at home in Dubia. that would expose him and his brother for what they are  and may be enough to see then cut their loses and walk away .to qoute general patton once you have your enemy on the run dont ease off keep the pressure on so they cannot regroup 

You'd think ALwould lose some business credibility now we are rock bottom in the 4th Division. 

Now he's no longer an agent what exactly does he do for a living and income?

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You'd think ALwould lose some business credibility now we are rock bottom in the 4th Division. 

Business consultancy.... 🤣

Actually it's not that ridiculous.  I recall a CEO of a FTSE 100 company who sold off all its prime assets to buy a pile of crap taking its share price from £6 to 30p in the process and subsequently becoming a business lecturer.

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's a wringer out for a one armed window cleaner in Dubai

18 hours ago, mick26 said:

Anyway didn't go today even though I've got a season ticket - just seen the goals on Sky (one minute highlights) saw Cisse fall over twice for 2 goals ably assisted by Diarra, Whelan and Pidge.

Given up now until ALMO have gone.

I've supported Latics for over 50 years,through good times, bad times and now terrible times. Yesterday was last straw and so I've given up too until these owners gone. Am now, with heavy heart, going to follow and watch Marine (my late father's boyhood team) instead. I hope to be back on this board again one day. Enjoyed all the opinions on here which I would read every day. How could this have happened to our once great club ? Bye and hope 2022 better for all our wonderful supporters. Pete

3 minutes ago, petera1 said:

I've supported Latics for over 50 years,through good times, bad times and now terrible times. Yesterday was last straw and so I've given up too until these owners gone. Am now, with heavy heart, going to follow and watch Marine (my late father's boyhood team) instead. I hope to be back on this board again one day. Enjoyed all the opinions on here which I would read every day. How could this have happened to our once great club ? Bye and hope 2022 better for all our wonderful supporters. Pete

Keep checking in here mate - it keeps your misery up!

Seriously it’s so sad to see what we have become 

take care pal 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

true enough.  Wimbledon were though

Notts County and Luton only missed out on the Premier League by one season, and they have both had spells in non-league.  

Our situation is probably most similar to County out of those three, and they don't look like heading back to the Football League soon.

17 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Notts County and Luton only missed out on the Premier League by one season, and they have both had spells in non-league.  

Our situation is probably most similar to County out of those three, and they don't look like heading back to the Football League soon.

I don’t focus so much on the downfall of clubs but rather the rise of others 

Brighton

Bournemouth 

Huddersfield

Brentford

Blackpool

Wigan

Burton 

All would have been laughed at 30 years ago yet all have had some success (some continue to do so)

We, on the other hand, have rotted since 1994 

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I don’t focus so much on the downfall of clubs but rather the rise of others 

Brighton

Bournemouth 

Huddersfield

Brentford

Blackpool

Wigan

Burton 

All would have been laughed at 30 years ago yet all have had some success (some continue to do so)

We, on the other hand, have rotted since 1994 

And the dozen or more now league clubs with zero league history that have taken advantage of the failings 

of others by being well run.

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

And the dozen or more now league clubs with zero league history that have taken advantage of the failings 

of others by being well run.

My point was more that some are yo yo clubs but still have that joy every other year - my mate was a Burnley fan he actually got bored when they settled in the Premier League 🤣

We have had absolutely nothing 

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Plus Scarborough Macclesfield and Bury  not even  that high up.

Archived