MATCH: vs Scunthorpe United (H) 26/12/21

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Is anybody REALLY surprised ?  We ARE going down . 

Not surprised, but as a football fan who always clings on to a bit of optimism - I really thought today could give us a small boost after an embarrassing week. But that starting 11 included some strange decisions. Even so, we scored first at home in the first half - which we rarely do - always provides some extra belief. Against a team supposedly worse than us, won less than us, never win away. This defeat feels so much worse than the others. Really wish I could stop caring and numb the disappointment. It’s taken spectacular mismanagement to get us into this position. How much longer do we have to wait to feel positive about this club again?

5 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

They say the hour is darkest before the dawn. I’m not sure what else there is to be hopeful about. Not sure I can even be arsed to hit the bottle.

Unfortunately, I am finding it hard to see any future for the club. The two fuckwits running and meddling in our club are absolutely beyond belief and the team is completely lacking in the ability to dig itself out of trouble. What a complete shit-show, it's not the first and it won't be the last.

I'm not sure I have it in me to actually put the effort in to care, while the club remains in their hands, it's just causes too much stress and anger at something over which I have no control or influence. They laugh while BP burns and I actually hate them both.

genuinely dont know what to say after that !.My wife said are you ok it looks like you could cry and to be honest i could have . Now i just feel unbelievably angry and could cheerfully do some severe damage to ......

time to take a deep breath and look forward to a local derby for me against AFC Fylde , as long as those two twats have left 

Genuinely thought we’d win today. 

But that’s a wake up call that shouldn’t have been needed.

When you think of the daylight robbery 3 points v Vale too, this team should already be well adrift.

The owners still don’t think any of this is their fault at all though. We are without hope.

These people should never, ever have been allowed anywhere near a football club.

Just now, rossy52 said:

genuinely dont know what to say after that !.My wife said are you ok it looks like you could cry and to be honest i could have . Now i just feel unbelievably angry and could cheerfully do some severe damage to ......

time to take a deep breath and look forward to a local derby for me against AFC Fylde , as long as those two twats have left 

My feelings exactly, the whole team has no presence about it. The two winning goals came from gaps that a battleship could have steered through. Everything about the game is depressing, from a keeper that saves nothing to a striker who can’t hit the target from 6 yards. Why put Hart at CB when he clearly has no positional sense in that position? Why play out from the back when you can’t do it under pressure (except we can’t win first or second balls if it’s lumped forward either). God knows what training is like, cos there is no real evidence of a plan on the pitch. I’ve gone from mere disappointment to actual anger at the fall from even mid table obscurity to utter rubbish. Deep breath and aaaaagh !

6 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Not surprised, but as a football fan who always clings on to a bit of optimism - I really thought today could give us a small boost after an embarrassing week. But that starting 11 included some strange decisions. Even so, we scored first at home in the first half - which we rarely do - always provides some extra belief. Against a team supposedly worse than us, won less than us, never win away. This defeat feels so much worse than the others. Really wish I could stop caring and numb the disappointment. It’s taken spectacular mismanagement to get us into this position. How much longer do we have to wait to feel positive about this club again?

I agree with you. However, clubs are built from the bottom up. Our club since the present owners arrived has been built on a bed of shifting sand. They have not once shown that they have any idea of how a football club works. And right up to present day, cannot accept that their stay has been nothing short of catastrophic for the club, and I don't think that their opinion will change.

It breaks my heart to see the utter shambles that the club has become, but, I see zero light at the end of the tunnel.  We may have to wait a very long time, before there is any positive feelings for our BROKEN club.

14 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

I agree with you. However, clubs are built from the bottom up. Our club since the present owners arrived has been built on a bed of shifting sand. They have not once shown that they have any idea of how a football club works. And right up to present day, cannot accept that their stay has been nothing short of catastrophic for the club, and I don't think that their opinion will change.

It breaks my heart to see the utter shambles that the club has become, but, I see zero light at the end of the tunnel.  We may have to wait a very long time, before there is any positive feelings for our BROKEN club.

Really hard one to take today. I thought we would win. The team selection was odd to say the least. They have to play mcgahey and dkd. 
Can’t see owners mindset not selling and my short term worry is without the EFL money next year we won’t have a team. Can’t see ALMO funding it and no one is buying what they own. Just got to hope the team pull off a miracle and manage to finish above 2 other teams. We are def the worst in the league though so looks unlikely 

21 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

this just watched a part time team win 3-0 away from home to stay top of the scotish championship six years ago they were second from bottom of the third division playing to one manand his dog and were a shambles . a plan was made a manager hired  and backed through the bad times and now they are poised to hit the big time the biggest problem do they bite the bullet and go full time . it can be done

Just got back, not read everyone’s thoughts yet but mine?

That was absolutely dreadful! 2 poor sides one of whom hadn't won an away game all season and they beat us 3-1 (should have been 5 with the two they fluffed early second half.

Time wasting at 1-1 at home?? Absolutely shameful 

Leuitwiler is awful and what the fuck is that goal kick routine?? If he isn’t fit enough to kick it play the youth keeper.

Anyone who watched that today and is still confident we won’t go down can you send me some of your drugs?

Only decent thing this season is the pitch and even that’s cutting up like fuck since we don’t have a groundsman 

oh and I agree with @BP1960 those boards are bright when it goes dark 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Just got back, not read everyone’s thoughts yet but mine?

That was absolutely dreadful! 2 poor sides one of whom hadn't won an away game all season and they beat us 3-1 (should have been 5 with the two they fluffed early second half.

Leuitwiler is awful and what the fuck is that goal kick routine?? If he isn’t fit enough to kick it play the youth keeper.

Anyone who watched that today and is still confident we won’t go down can you send me some of your drugs?

oh and I agree with @BP1960 those boards are bright when it goes dark 

You have my utmost admiration still going to watch that shite, it must be difficult. 

3 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

this just watched a part time team win 3-0 away from home to stay top of the scotish championship six years ago they were second from bottom of the third division playing to one manand his dog and were a shambles . a plan was made a manager hired  and backed through the bad times and now they are poised to hit the big time the biggest problem do they bite the bullet and go full time . it can be done

True, and I hope it happens to us.   Except , You and I know, that nothing will change at Latics until the Lemmies have left.  And there is no prospect whatsoever of that happening at the moment.

3 minutes ago, disjointed said:

You have my utmost admiration still going to watch that shite, it must be difficult. 

Totally agree.           I have had a legitimate excuse to miss the last two home games, boycotting the FG match, and my partner needing the car for work today.

However, there is no possibility on earth that will see me making the 200 mile round trip to BP to see us probably get beat, by those giants of world football Sutton utd in the next home Saturday match.

Archived