Interested Parties

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What figure is it close to out of interest ? 

I certainly don't have inside knowledge but £1.5m was mentioned many times as being an offer a while back which was very quickly rejected.  The value won't have gone up since in the eyes of any bidder

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I certainly don't have inside knowledge but £1.5m was mentioned many times as being an offer a while back which was very quickly rejected.  The value won't have gone up since in the eyes of any bidder

I'd guess £1m, plus cashing in Couto and Vaughan.

40 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

It has come from @League one foreverhe has spent months telling us £6 million is too much despite being told several times it is a nonsense figure and has kinda backed himself into a corner.

😂😂

Good effort Whittles. 

And in true OWTB style- completely made up. 

I stated what Matt, and the PTB claimed (who are far closer than you or I will ever be) which was- he wants his investment back- which was- circa 6 million.

Following so far? Good. 

I then repeatedly asked- who in their right mind would pay him that? 

No one could answer. . including you. 

Still following? 

In turns out, he may of realised his own stupidity and is willing to lower his asking price, something I have repeatedly said he would need to do. (Although I do admit I’m surprised by, as I thought he would see us burn rather take less money) 

It would be helpful if you read what people say, instead of makings up. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Good effort Whittles. 

And in true OWTB style- completely made up. 

I stated what Matt, and the PTB claimed (who are far closer than you or I will ever be) which was- he wants his investment back- which was- circa 6 million.

Following so far? Good. 

I then repeatedly asked- who in their right mind would pay him that? 

No one could answer. . including you. 

Still following? 

In turns out, he may of realised his own stupidity and is willing to lower his asking price, something I have repeatedly said he would need to do. (Although I do admit I’m surprised by, as I thought he would see us burn rather take less money) 

It would be helpful if you read what people say, instead of makings up. 

Bastard. Cool, (almost) calm and concise until right at the end missed a word out made a spellin mistake. Such a bastard when that happens 😂.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Bastard. Cool, (almost) calm and concise until right at the end missed a word out made a spellin mistake. Such a bastard when that happens 😂.

Well I was going to say that "he may of realised" (3rd from last line) should have been "he may have realised" but I didn't want to be accused of being a

pedant. I've already been labelled a racist because I expressed an opinion.

12 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

would have to clear £80million debt just to stand still at derby they realy are a basket case but would tie in with the core of his business (sports direct ) as a lot of their  sweatshops    sorry factory's are based in the east midlands. 

Yes, he'd wait until they're stripped out and then do a deal for a morsel of what they owe.

I thought the same about his sweatshops in the area. Pregnant women being told they can't go to the toilet etc. Quite honestly, according to our Gerodie brothers, he's a fat cockney bastard and we'd soon want him out of our club, out of our cluuuuub....where've i heard that before

21 minutes ago, redlion said:

Well I was going to say that "he may of realised" (3rd from last line) should have been "he may have realised" but I didn't want to be accused of being a

pedant. I've already been labelled a racist because I expressed an opinion.

😂😂😂

l'm a racist aswell on here!!

As per Adam Millington on the interested parties - "In terms of potential takeovers, I've heard similar to Mike Minay. Believe one interested party is from Canada and has done some work in Ice Hockey over there in the past. One of the other parties has been interested for quite a while and been speaking to the club."

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

And when you look at the actual value of the club assets vs Liabilities it probably isn't worth that either.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

And when you look at the actual value of the club assets vs Liabilities it probably isn't worth that either.

The  only meaningful assets are intangible.  Never easy to value those and complex from an accounting perspective.  Hilarious really that intangible assets are usually referred to as goodwill.  Ain't a lot of that around!

16 minutes ago, samgoafc said:

As per Adam Millington on the interested parties - "In terms of potential takeovers, I've heard similar to Mike Minay. Believe one interested party is from Canada and has done some work in Ice Hockey over there in the past. One of the other parties has been interested for quite a while and been speaking to the club."

And one quite local I've heard.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Could cash from Couto and Vaughan go to him personally,  thought that wasn't allowed.

Probably. lf he's been 'putting in' as 'Loans' then it's probably not that hard to dividend himself or some other actual term that l didn't probably just make up.

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Could cash from Couto and Vaughan go to him personally,  thought that wasn't allowed.

Well he could sell them and immediately pull it back out as he has we believe £5million of directors loans in the business. So Technically yes he could do it the fees would go to OAFC and then out the otherside as repayment of a directors loan it's probably not good for him selling the club though if he's trying to get as high a price as possible for the club though. 

54 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You could just place a "present market valuation" on them and then include that in the sale price BP

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

The  only meaningful assets are intangible.  Never easy to value those and complex from an accounting perspective.  Hilarious really that intangible assets are usually referred to as goodwill.  Ain't a lot of that around!

I have some American friends who would list his brother as a tangible ass hat 😂

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Yep. 

I dread to think what he’d currently be offered. Maybe-  as others have said if he can get some cash for couto and Vaughan it might soften the blow. Having said that, I still don’t think anything will go through until his litigation on the north stand is finished.

Which could be quite a while. . . 

Archived