Interested Parties

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Surely it’s precisely the reason that the club needs millions investing in infrastructure that any prospective new owners shouldn’t waste any of their funds overpaying AL or Blitz. 

Any new owner will need to spend many more millions beyond the cost of buying the assets so if they are struggling with the costs now there seems little point in continuing their interest.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Any new owner will need to spend many more millions beyond the cost of buying the assets so if they are struggling with the costs now there seems little point in continuing their interest.

Who has said they are struggling with the costs?

You’re probably not trolling but why would wanting to pay a fair price mean that they’re struggling with the costs?

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not trolling but any new potential new owner needs to have significant money that they are happy to never see again.

I am sure any new owner / group will have identified ways of aquiring us and making us into a product on and off the field that will make money 24/7, that should be the plan these days.

I dont know who the other people are who are involved with the Royle takeover, not sure of their wealth or what they have collectively, I am hoping there plan is not to lose millions.

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

You’re probably not trolling but why would wanting to pay a fair price mean that they’re struggling with the costs?

Because we are probably talking a million or two here or there, if that's such a big barrier that you can't proceed then that's a red flag for me.

17 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I am sure any new owner / group will have identified ways of aquiring us and making us into a product on and off the field that will make money 24/7, that should be the plan these days.

I dont know who the other people are who are involved with the Royle takeover, not sure of their wealth or what they have collectively, I am hoping there plan is not to lose millions.

In the long term fine, the short and medium term will require significant investment both on and off the pitch.

In the long term fine, the short and medium term will require significant investment both on and off the pitch.

That is correct 100%..... but you were eluding to initially make the sale go through quicker give AL or Blitz what they want, even if that means losing money. That is what you said in some form, if I have read you incorrectly I apologise.

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

That is correct 100%..... but you were eluding to initially make the sale go through quicker give AL or Blitz what they want, even if that means losing money. That is what you said in some form, if I have read you incorrectly I apologise.

My point is anyone wanting to take it over is going to have be prepared to lose money whatever they do.

If Lemsagam and Blitz really are expecting someone to give them 5 million apiece then we are all wasting our time debating it, I really don't believe it takes that much to get it done though.

So, if I`ve interpreted correctly, Royle jnr. is trying to broker a deal for a consortium (presumably a tripartite agreement between ground owner, club owner and purchaser).

1) Any "purchase price" will be conditional upon us remaining an EFL club this season - you would be insane to be negotiating otherwise (unless there was a pittance being offered for a non EFL club status - which would be rejected anyway).

2) It's pretty clear to see the scenario/s around the North Stand but I don't want to start explaining them on a message board as it's quite easy to fall foul of the law.

Can't get excited about this unfortunately, as I do not think we will be an EFL club by the end of the season - and I think that will kill this possible deal.

My point is anyone wanting to take it over is going to have be prepared to lose money whatever they do.

If Lemsagam and Blitz really are expecting someone to give them 5 million apiece then we are all wasting our time debating it, I really don't believe it takes that much to get it done though.

We have to trust this group, they have this club at heart, if its not right they wont takeover.

If as a fan if I win 90mil euro lottery on Tues, they yes I would pay them 10 million to go..... but I not a businessman, big difference.

Times are hard too just now, war in europe and threat of further conflict, covid pandemic, costs of everything going through the roof too.

And you think any credible group of businessmen / women will just payover the top for something, Not in todays world.

1 minute ago, wiseowl said:

So, if I`ve interpreted correctly, Royle jnr. is trying to broker a deal for a consortium (presumably a tripartite agreement between ground owner, club owner and purchaser).

1) Any "purchase price" will be conditional upon us remaining an EFL club this season - you would be insane to be negotiating otherwise (unless there was a pittance being offered for a non EFL club status - which would be rejected anyway).

2) It's pretty clear to see the scenario/s around the North Stand but I don't want to start explaining them on a message board as it's quite easy to fall foul of the law.

Can't get excited about this unfortunately, as I do not think we will be an EFL club by the end of the season - and I think that will kill this possible deal.

I should have thought any rational buyer would be now factoring into the price that we won't be an EFL club next season.

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

They will be aware we maybe non league, thats not a new reality.

2 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

I should have thought any rational buyer would be now factoring into the price that we won't be an EFL club next season.

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

They will be aware we maybe non league, thats not a new reality.

I presume these negotiations did not commence just in the past couple of weeks. For many people it was inconceivable that we would go down (particularly after the initial uplift on Shez's arrival - just read the super positive comments on here not too long ago!). Only after Friday's results is it now looking pretty nailed on - so, yes, the grounds for negotiation may have shifted tremendously. If you are privy to information otherwise, maximus, that would be fantastic.

4 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I presume these negotiations did not commence just in the past couple of weeks. For many people it was inconceivable that we would go down (particularly after the initial uplift on Shez's arrival - just read the super positive comments on here not too long ago!). Only after Friday's results is it now looking pretty nailed on - so, yes, the grounds for negotiation may have shifted tremendously. If you are privy to information otherwise, maximus, that would be fantastic.

The interest from Darren Royle and clan has been on for a while, but they know the club and no matter what anyone says, it does have potential, even if relegated, you only have to look at Luton.

There are people out there who wont let us die, I am convinced by that.

It happened to Bury who also had a great history but we have had a pretty decent recent history that lots still remember, oldham fan or not, Bury's was a long time ago so I think that didnt help.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Presumably the dispute over the ground is referring to the court case? Thanks Barry. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s not going to happen whilst the ownership of the ‘North Stand’ is subject to a pending court case…..thanks Barry, you absolute twat!!!

yeah, because when that’s sorted they are definitely going to be willing to give Blitz £6m for the dilapidated stadium on top of the few million AL wants.  

20 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

We have to trust this group, they have this club at heart, if its not right they wont takeover.

If as a fan if I win 90mil euro lottery on Tues, they yes I would pay them 10 million to go..... but I not a businessman, big difference.

Times are hard too just now, war in europe and threat of further conflict, covid pandemic, costs of everything going through the roof too.

And you think any credible group of businessmen / women will just payover the top for something, Not in todays world.

Dont forget Al's finances are dwindling too and he wants out so if the stand is sorted no reason a deal canr go through even if we are in non league.

Clubs can bounce back, look at Luton.

3 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Not trolling, interest in the club is welcome but difficult to see how anyone who is quibbling over these relatively small amounts of money is going to have the clout to move the club forward.

Ever seen Dragons den?  When someone wants less than £100,000

Literally chicken feed to the millionaire dragons but if they don't think it's worth it they don't give it 

It's how proper business people work 

Archived