Interested Parties

So Mike Minay says he knows of 3 interested parties. 1 consortium, 1 local person and 1 overseas.

Ive seen the following rumours and don’t know whether there’s truth or nonsense behind them:

Mike Ashley

James Cryne (son of Patrick who owned Barnsley)

Consortium lead by Darren Royle (ex Wigan)

A Canadian

Anyone heard anything else?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

So Mike Minay says he knows of 3 interested parties. 1 consortium, 1 local person and 1 overseas.

Ive seen the following rumours and don’t know whether there’s truth or nonsense behind them:

Mike Ashley

James Cryne (son of Patrick who owned Barnsley)

Consortium lead by Darren Royle (ex Wigan)

Anyone heard anything else?

Is the overseas one the Dutch former football stars group I wonder?

Just hope gets sorted soon, we would all love one group or person to buy us and plough in millions but we need the club at heart to build us back up get the fans back and get oldham in peoples hearts like the very late 80s early 90s.

7 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We're far too small for him. He's more likely to pick the bones off the likes of Derby.

would have to clear £80million debt just to stand still at derby they realy are a basket case but would tie in with the core of his business (sports direct ) as a lot of their  sweatshops    sorry factory's are based in the east midlands. 

What did Ashley actually do wrong at Newcastle? 

It seems the grievances of their fans were no more than a tacky-sounding stadium sponsorship and a couple of poor managerial appointments - cry me a river!

They’d do well to remember the mountains of debt he cleared in the first few months of his ownership…

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

It seems the grievances of their fans were no more than a tacky-sounding stadium sponsorship and a couple of poor managerial appointments - cry me a river!

They’d do well to remember the mountains of debt he cleared in the first few months of his ownership…

The accusation was that he wasn't putting any of his own money in in the latter years.

Their fanbase is arguably even more deluded than ours though so who knows...

6 hours ago, League one forever said:

I wonder if any of the potential buyers will tell us what their favourite food is? 

We shouldn’t expect anything less. 

Well the oft quoted 6 million asking price is pie in the sky, will go for less than half of that...

18 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well the oft quoted 6 million asking price is pie in the sky, will go for less than half of that...

isnt the £6million based on what he claims to have put into the club and thinks he should get back ?

is this in the form of director loans or has he underwritten loans does anyone know ?

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

His only real aim was to make a financial return use it as a billboard for Sports Direct and no real interest in taking the club forward added to the fact he treats his staff at sports direct like shit and hides away in an ivory tower can't see why anyone would want an owner like that. Then again I can't imagine why anyone looking at a financial return would want to invest in a football club like ours anyway.

1 hour ago, C.O.JONES said:

Interested parties? How about Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Robbie Williams, eh, Take that!

Not a bad shout lets prey maybe we can rule the world if this happens, we would need a little patience then maybe we could shine, get ready for it & it would relight my fire, if we get this across the line it would be the greatest day KTF.

13 minutes ago, mickjagger said:

Not a bad shout lets prey maybe we can rule the world if this happens, we would need a little patience then maybe we could shine, get ready for it & it would relight my fire, if we get this across the line it would be the greatest day KTF.

Never have downboats been more necessary!!

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Don't know where the £6 million has come from, it's nonesense. I know 2 separate parties who have had discussions this week and it's nowhere near £6 million and there is a number of options open to them. Blitz on the other hand??

18 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Don't know where the £6 million has come from, it's nonesense. I know 2 separate parties who have had discussions this week and it's nowhere near £6 million and there is a number of options open to them. Blitz on the other hand??

It has come from @League one foreverhe has spent months telling us £6 million is too much despite being told several times it is a nonsense figure and has kinda backed himself into a corner.

35 minutes ago, PeteG said:

What figure is it close to out of interest ? 

Archived