Interested Parties

34 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

yeah, because when that’s sorted they are definitely going to be willing to give Blitz £6m for the dilapidated stadium on top of the few million AL wants.  

If AL fails in his attempts to grab the North Stand I think he will sell for substantially less than the current asking price I also don’t think Blitz would turn down any realistic bids for the freehold.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Ever seen Dragons den?  When someone wants less than £100,000

Literally chicken feed to the millionaire dragons but if they don't think it's worth it they don't give it 

It's how proper business people work 

If we are waiting on someone paying the right price then we'll be waiting a very long time.

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If we are waiting on someone paying the right price then we'll be waiting a very long time.

The people involved arent stupid.

Lets just wait and have some hope instead of being so black & white.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

yeah, because when that’s sorted they are definitely going to be willing to give Blitz £6m for the dilapidated stadium on top of the few million AL wants.  

Is there evidence Blitz is asking for £6m? Even anecdotally? Again, genuine question as I may have missed this. 

Blitz needs testing with a fair offer. If he refuses then there’s something more sinister afoot. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is there evidence Blitz is asking for £6m? Even anecdotally? Again, genuine question as I may have missed this. 

Blitz needs testing with a fair offer. If he refuses then there’s something more sinister afoot. 

There does seem to be this idea that there is no room for negotiation. Which seems odd given on the surface he appears happy to sell.

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There does seem to be this idea that there is no room for negotiation. Which seems odd given on the surface he appears happy to sell.

Agreed. If someone took the club off AL and ran it properly, it wouldn’t go bust. That’s not absolutely out of the question. So 9 years is a long time to wait for him to be able to kick the club off the land and sell it off to complete his evil master plan. Maybe he will accept a credible, fair offer for what he owns, and maybe he’s just not received that yet?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Agreed. If someone took the club off AL and ran it properly, it wouldn’t go bust. That’s not absolutely out of the question. So 9 years is a long time to wait for him to be able to kick the club off the land and sell it off to complete his evil master plan. Maybe he will accept a credible, fair offer for what he owns, and maybe he’s just not received that yet?

I can't believe that is his plan and there's no way local government would allow it to happen anyway.

59 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Although nothing came of it, thank God, a while back AL apparently agreed a deal to buy the freehold from Blitz so perhaps he would be open to accepting a realistic offer, who knows?

The land is worth far more than the club, that's why it's remained unsold

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

If AL fails in his attempts to grab the North Stand I think he will sell for substantially less than the current asking price I also don’t think Blitz would turn down any realistic bids for the freehold.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Define ‘realistic’. 

I’m pretty sure it’s on record that 6m is his valuation… and that’s just the stadium (not all the surrounding land). 

9 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Here we go.  £7m. Which is actually  a ”significant discount”… mates rates! Jesus wept! 

Admittedly this is part of the bollocks spouted by the FLG mob, but they are mates with Blitz so it should be accurate…(does anyone still give these clowns any creedance at all!?)

What are the group’s intentions for the stand, stadium and land?

The group are purchasing 14 acres of land, which is the footprint of the stadium and car park behind the North Stand. The remaining land will remain under the control of Brassbank, including the “Little Wembley” training pitch (which is not in the club’s current lease agreement), who intend to use it for housing development. Indeed, it was revealed that the club was notified in May that it has access to the training pitch until December.

This deal is valued at £7 million, which Mr Whitehead stressed was at a significant discount due to his relationship with Mr Gazal and Mr Blitz. 

18 hours ago, League one forever said:

Mmm, you sure? 

If he got the money together, what does it matter to AL who he sells to? 

And that is a scarey thought .has Barry got some sort of consortium together on the qt and is pushing the whole north stand firago as part of a plan to either delay and disrupt current bidders or make things more profitable for his consortium? 

Conspiracy theories never 

15 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Define ‘realistic’. 

I’m pretty sure it’s on record that 6m is his valuation… and that’s just the stadium (not all the surrounding land). 

Wasn’t the OASF talking about getting a commercial  valuation at one point?

If my memory is wrong, maybe it’s something they should do and publicise. Yes it would cost some money which would essentially be wasted at this stage, but at least the collecting of funds from fans would have a target.

9 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Here we go.  £7m. Which is actually  a ”significant discount”… mates rates! Jesus wept! 

Admittedly this is part of the bollocks spouted by the FLG mob, but they are mates with Blitz so it should be accurate…(does anyone still give these clowns any creedance at all!?)

What are the group’s intentions for the stand, stadium and land?

The group are purchasing 14 acres of land, which is the footprint of the stadium and car park behind the North Stand. The remaining land will remain under the control of Brassbank, including the “Little Wembley” training pitch (which is not in the club’s current lease agreement), who intend to use it for housing development. Indeed, it was revealed that the club was notified in May that it has access to the training pitch until December.

This deal is valued at £7 million, which Mr Whitehead stressed was at a significant discount due to his relationship with Mr Gazal and Mr Blitz. 

I’d forgotten about this. But it raises more questions than it answers! For starters it’s evidence of an agreed price rather than of an unrealistic asking price no one will pay. 

Secondly if they’re all big mates (Blitz and FLG), why did he suddenly back out of this in favour of a supposed deal with AL that never materialised? That action revealed Blitz as more of a snake for me than whatever sale price he’d previously agreed with the FLG. 

I have no idea where commercial land value in Oldham is. There are average values per acre for various areas in the country online which could give a rough guide. How many acres is the site in total? Maybe OASF will have more info on this when they reveal their plans? Hope so as my preference is funds raised for the fans via OASF to own a significant stake in the land/ground for long term safeguarding. 

Although where this all started was my original question asking that if blitz sold how would it improve our immediate situation? I don’t think it would, as no matter who owns the ground/land, AL is running the football club into the dirt and his removal should be the number 1 priority. 

Just editing this as I’ve read it again and the article states 14 acres of land. The website I read valued poorer areas of the country at approx £0.4m per acre in 2020. 

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Secondly if they’re all big mates (Blitz and FLG), why did he suddenly back out of this in favour of a supposed deal with AL that never materialised? That action revealed Blitz as more of a snake for me than whatever sale price he’d previously agreed with the FLG. 

It was unrequited love.  He was playing them… which I think a couple of us suggested at the time. 

Edit. I dealt with you valuation point in a separate post below.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I’d forgotten about this. But it raises more questions than it answers! For starters it’s evidence of an agreed price rather than of an unrealistic asking price no one will pay. 

I have no idea where commercial land value in Oldham is. There are average values per acre for various areas in the country online which could give a rough guide. How many acres is the site in total? Maybe OASF will have more info on this when they reveal their plans? Hope so as my preference is funds raised for the fans via OASF to own a significant stake in the land/ground for long term safeguarding. 

Although where this all started was my original question asking that if blitz sold how would it improve our immediate situation? I don’t think it would, as no matter who owns the ground/land, AL is running the football club into the dirt and his removal should be the number 1 priority. 

Just editing this as I’ve read it again and the article states 14 acres of land. The website I read valued poorer areas of the country at approx £0.4m per acre in 2020. 

So not wholly unrealistic given the proximity to the motorway network but the 2031 sporting caveat really should reduce the value significantly 

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

So not wholly unrealistic given the proximity to the motorway network but the 2031 sporting caveat really should reduce the value significantly 

Yes. Also, not sure a development opportunity valuation is the correct starting point.

The value of the stadium to the club (or any prospective owner of the club) is very different to the value for a developer…. and therein lies the problem. 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But it won’t be used to build on so it’s not a fair valuation, it will have a stadium on it, which isn’t going to change. When he bought it he knew this. You can’t buy a piece of the moon and sell it to build houses on.

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Yes. Also, not sure a development opportunity valuation is the correct starting point.

The value of the stadium to the club (or any prospective owner of the club) is very different to the value for a developer…. and therein lies the problem. 

Yep. 

Archived