Season Tickets on Sale

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tGWB said:

I struggled to understand it myself for a while but its really simple 

Our fanbase love the Club more than they hate the Regime 

Because many of us love the club, we are prepared to make sacrifices to try and help oust the universally hated regime. Perhaps the members of our fan base you refer to don't love our club enough. 

22 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Because many of us love the club, we are prepared to make sacrifices to try and help oust the universally hated regime. Perhaps the members of our fan base you refer to don't love our club enough. 

from that message am I right to assume you havent been back to the majestic Boundary Park since Shez came back to save us then ?

22 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

No

Fair play to you Mikey 

I just did Away Days from May 2019 until the ‘Return of the Shez’ game v Rochdale on the 29th January 2022

My thinking was even if it was for just one game to Welcome Home someone who despite how bad he had been treated previously, was prepared to put aside his feelings and give everything he has to help us

You only ever have one true love in football and mine is this thing of ours

Fully respect your position though

4 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Aye.

Although I wouldn’t say it’s a lack of love, it’s just indifference to things they tell themselves they have no control over.  People will always justify their reasons, depending on their view. 

To my mind, if you’re getting a season ticket it’s because watching the game/getting out of the house is more important to you than making a stance. Which is absolutely peoples right, but it means if enough people do it the pressure to sell weakens. That is just a simple reality. 

5 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

It's not always that black and white.  I live away and have an elderly dad who still enjoys going to BP.  It's tradition and it is quality time we spend together.  Owners will come and go but I only have one dad.  If it puts a smile on his face and brings back good memories, we will keep going. Yes the club is still a shambles and I want the owners gone but family comes first.

26 minutes ago, Whitts said:

It's not always that black and white.  I live away and have an elderly dad who still enjoys going to BP.  It's tradition and it is quality time we spend together.  Owners will come and go but I only have one dad.  If it puts a smile on his face and brings back good memories, we will keep going. Yes the club is still a shambles and I want the owners gone but family comes first.

I haven't had a go at anyone choosing to get a season ticket. I wish they wouldn't, but it's their choice. It's the idea of a greater love of the club that irked me. You've given a great example of why there are many shades of grey, maybe even fifty. 

5 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I haven't had a go at anyone choosing to get a season ticket. I wish they wouldn't, but it's their choice. It's the idea of a greater love of the club that irked me. You've given a great example of why there are many shades of grey, maybe even fifty. 

If that's a reference to tGWB's comment, that's not how I read his post. He said the fanbase loves the club more than it hates the regime. I'd have thought we can all agree with that sentiment. It doesn't mean that the fanbase - all of us - don't want the clowns gone. Of course we do. 

18 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

If that's a reference to tGWB's comment, that's not how I read his post. He said the fanbase loves the club more than it hates the regime. I'd have thought we can all agree with that sentiment. It doesn't mean that the fanbase - all of us - don't want the clowns gone. Of course we do. 

Not specific to anyone, just the general sentiment. I sense that there are some who think by going to matches when supporters groups have tried to coordinate a boycott, they think more of the club. It was certainly a lot harder for me to not buy a ticket than to buy one. 

9 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

Not specific to anyone, just the general sentiment. I sense that there are some who think by going to matches when supporters groups have tried to coordinate a boycott, they think more of the club. It was certainly a lot harder for me to not buy a ticket than to buy one. 

Fair enough. As you say it's not an easy decision at all to boycott. I respect both points of view. We all want the same outcome - ALMOBO gone - and I get the point about starving the clowns of funds, it's a completely defensible stance to take. I only got annoyed (on another thread) because it was being suggested that fans renewing STs were slowly killing the club. Blame for that rests with the Lemsagams (and Blitz).

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Fair enough. As you say it's not an easy decision at all to boycott. I respect both points of view. We all want the same outcome - ALMOBO gone - and I get the point about starving the clowns of funds, it's a completely defensible stance to take. I only got annoyed (on another thread) because it was being suggested that fans renewing STs were slowly killing the club. Blame for that rests with the Lemsagams (and Blitz).

I won't be boycotting as such next season, but I'm certainly not prepared to stump up money on a ST to watch the same crop of rubbish who have got Oldham embroiled in a relegation battle in the 4th division. If they show some decent ambition in the summer and release every single player and bring in better ones, then I might consider it, even if it's full whack. And I wouldn't even consider offering Sheridan a long term deal...

The question I'd be asking myself if I was considering buying a season ticket would be how much of that season ticket money will go to the day to day running of the club, and how much will be committed to the legal fees regarding the court case that the club is involved with?

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

If you actually looked beyond those few words before trying to vilify me over the weekend, then you would understand the bigger picture I was trying to paint. But no you zoomed in and focused on those few words. Thankfully the podcast today made the same point, but worded a bit differently. 

53 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

If you actually looked beyond those few words before trying to vilify me over the weekend, then you would understand the bigger picture I was trying to paint. But no you zoomed in and focused on those few words. Thankfully the podcast today made the same point, but worded a bit differently. 

vilify

to say or write unpleasant things about someone or something, in order to cause other people to have a bad opinion of them:

Ahem…isn’t that exactly what you did?

34 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:
vilify

to say or write unpleasant things about someone or something, in order to cause other people to have a bad opinion of them:

Ahem…isn’t that exactly what you did?

I could have been referring to private messages sent to me via this forum. Publically on this forum, I've been chastised or heavily criticised for my point of view. Your comment goes back to one of my earlier points. That if you put as much effort and energy into fighting the owners as you do me on this forum. You can be part of making a difference. You have yourself a wonderful day. 😀👍

3 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

I could have been referring to private messages sent to me via this forum. Publically on this forum, I've been chastised or heavily criticised for my point of view. Your comment goes back to one of my earlier points. That if you put as much effort and energy into fighting the owners as you do me on this forum. You can be part of making a difference. You have yourself a wonderful day. 😀👍

Or could it just be that your original point of view (which you are totally entitled to) was very clumsily expressed?

As another contributor posted, it’s a balance. Sometimes it’s necessary to redress that balance when you have a different point of view.

As for making a difference… does joining a protest march, boycotting targeted games, contributing to online surveys, vocally expressing dissatisfaction for the way the owners run the club, not buying merchandise or refreshments when going to games, writing emails to key directors count as ‘being part of making a difference’?

You have yourself a wonderful day too!👍

I wonder if a lot of those who are saying they aren't getting a ST next season are the same people who said they wouldn't get one last season, only to return once a manager was appointed that they like and "to help Oldham stay in the division."

So my question to them is what happens if Oldham find themselves in the same mess next January; do they all come flooding back again to help keep Oldham in the division and support a manager they like (probably Sheridan again). 

Views welcome...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I wonder if a lot of those who are saying they aren't getting a ST next season are the same people who said they wouldn't get one last season, only to return once a manager was appointed that they like and "to help Oldham stay in the division."

So my question to them is what happens if Oldham find themselves in the same mess next January; do they all come flooding back again to help keep Oldham in the division and support a manager they like (probably Sheridan again). 

Views welcome...

I'm in that bracket. We may find ourselves in a similar league position but the situation with the Lemmies will be different. Abdallah had not long indicated an intention to sell. I wanted to play my small part in helping us stay up to make us a better prospect to buy and to give an indication that many of our supporters are still around and ready to come "flooding back ". Since then there has been no indication of a sale and the stench of BO has returned. I won't be back after we're (hopefully) safe until this regime is gone. 

Last seasons early bird concession price of £ 100  was a no brainer for me.

23 sessions of what could have been entertainment ( did not turn out that way)

Am tempted again as I may need it as I have said  before to give me priority if/when buying an away ticket.

Like others i am not happy with the situation that we are in but season ticket sales  will not  make any impact on what it will take to keep the Club alive

24 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I'm in that bracket. We may find ourselves in a similar league position but the situation with the Lemmies will be different. Abdallah had not long indicated an intention to sell. I wanted to play my small part in helping us stay up to make us a better prospect to buy and to give an indication that many of our supporters are still around and ready to come "flooding back ". Since then there has been no indication of a sale and the stench of BO has returned. I won't be back after we're (hopefully) safe until this regime is gone. 

Me too. 

I was steadfastly refusing to attend OAFC games this season as I am desperate to see regime change as I believe otherwise the club will definitely suffer relegation and indeed potentially liquidation under the present incumbents. With Selim in charge, relegation this season seemed inevitable, he couldn't alter the slide and as a result we were staring relegation in the face as early as halfway through the season. 

When Sheridan came back to try and save the club from what many see is the unthinkable i.e. relegation from the EFL, I and many others came back to support the players and the new management regime. Fan groups set aside their grievances with the owners to try and assist in supporting Shez and the players and to be fair, so far things are working, the club is still in a perilous position but not as dire as it was 21 games ago and salvation is in our own hands. 

Off the field, there is little evidence of anything improving and i have no idea whether AL genuinely wishes to sell or not. 

Will I buy a season ticket next season? 

Only when I am confident that AL is going/ has gone and a new regime is imminent or in situ

Would I do the same in 2022/23 as I have done in 2021/22 given similar circumstances?

Probably 

I do fully understand all supporter's viewpoints on attending/ boycotting or getting season tickets/ not getting them - it's an awful dilemma for fans to be in. 

Was lovely spending time with pals who have stayed with OAFC and not boycotted this season, I have been privileged to know some of them for 50 years plus and supported Latics in their company for a 6th decade. It was great roaring the lads on to victory at Stevenage and I look forward to doing so for rest of season (Forest Green apart). 

I was in a pub before the game called "Our Mutual Friend" and it was in terms of prices! However most importantly there was a large contingent of younger fans in there who had travelled 3 or 4 hours to watch Latics. They are our club's future and I do believe we do have one to look forward to if the Lemsagams go but that's all in the future, for now trying to support Shez and the lads in staying up & take it from there               

1 minute ago, another fan said:

season ticket sales  will not  make any impact on what it will take to keep the Club alive

They won’t have any impact? You sure? 

Season tickets at our level are a vital contribution to the running costs. Individual’s will make their choice, as is their right. But to suggest that money is inconsequential just isn’t true. 

If we stay up, we keep the EFL money and then if 1500-1800 renew there is no real pressure to sell. 

If we go down, we lose the EFL money and the season tickets become the only major income. 

In both cases season tickets will have a big impact on our direction of travel- even more so if we go down. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

They won’t have any impact? You sure? 

Season tickets at our level are a vital contribution to the running costs. Individual’s will make their choice, as is their right. But to suggest that money is inconsequential just isn’t true. 

If we stay up, we keep the EFL money and then if 1500-1800 renew there is no real pressure to sell. 

If we go down, we lose the EFL money and the season tickets become the only major income. 

In both cases season tickets will have a big impact on our direction of travel- even more so if we go dow

I would hope that low number of season ticket sales would have been taken into account for the coming seasons budget. Mind you as many would say with the current owners who knows wtf is going to happen

On the flip side decent ticket sales may encourage other potential buyers

Archived