Season Tickets on Sale

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Not sure it's an effort to muddy the waters. Most clubs have released season ticket offers recently, the club is up for sale but that doesn't mean you just stop doing business. There might not be any suitable buyers or it could take quite some time given the complex issues with regards to the stand, lease and possible litigation. If you put your house up for sale you still continue to pay your mortgage, bills etc. I think people are looking into it too deeply.

I often look into things too deeply Pete. 🙂

That said, in my experience, clubs who put season tickets on sale in March are usually skint or worried about going down. 

5 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I often look into things too deeply Pete. 🙂

That said, in my experience, clubs who put season tickets on sale in March are usually skint or worried about going down. 

Port Vale and Bolton to name just 2 have had them on sale for weeks. Neither are in either boat.

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

Not sure it's an effort to muddy the waters. Most clubs have released season ticket offers recently, the club is up for sale but that doesn't mean you just stop doing business. There might not be any suitable buyers or it could take quite some time given the complex issues with regards to the stand, lease and possible litigation. If you put your house up for sale you still continue to pay your mortgage, bills etc. I think people are looking into it too deeply.

For me, experience of how the club has been run by this regime and a former (or not) director, suggests it’s very wise to be looking deeply into club statements and actions. Sadly. 

I reckon they’ve been waiting for a league win to announce this (like they were with announcing Selim permanently which obviously never happened!) The week after beating Bradford was too early but probably had the prices ready to go if we beat Carlisle (and jumped out of the drop zone) but it all went tits from there.

After Tues, it has been their next best opportunity. Maximise the feel good factor and being out of the dropzone etc.

It's usually an indicator that cash is needed. Mainly to keep club ticking over the summer months.

13 hours ago, PeteG said:

Port Vale and Bolton to name just 2 have had them on sale for weeks. Neither are in either boat.

15 hours ago, PeteG said:

Have to agree with this. I can't see any issue with announcing season tickets for next season. Maybe it's a bit early, but we've done it far earlier than this previously, and we the club has to carry on trading until a buyer can be found. If you don't want one, don't buy one, but I fail to see any conspiracy theory here.

Posted on the other thread but will stick it here too:

Release the majority of the squad, let us know who the manager will be next season and show some progress with the sale of the club and I'll consider it. The division we are in doesn't bother me in the slightest but the above do. Until then, I'm out...

36 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Posted on the other thread but will stick it here too:

Release the majority of the squad, let us know who the manager will be next season and show some progress with the sale of the club and I'll consider it. The division we are in doesn't bother me in the slightest but the above do. Until then, I'm out...

They don't need releasing, all but youth are out of contract 

30 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

They don't need releasing, all but youth are out of contract 

1. Jayson Leutwiler (2023?)

3. Sam Hart (2022 with option)
5. Harrison McGahey (2023?)

33. Benny Couto (2024)

34. Harry Vaughan (2023, with option for 1 more year)

9. Hallum Hope (2022 with option)

19. Vani Da Silva (2023)

23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

33. Benny Couto (2024)

19. Vani Da Silva (2023)

God knows re Leutwiler and McGahey. We'll probably escape on the last da, find out they've been ineligible all season and get deducted points 

23 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

33. Benny Couto (2024)

19. Vani Da Silva (2023)

Out of that list I would probably release only 

Leutwiler and Hope 

Perhaps Da Silva 

Who ever's buying season tickets needs their head testing. You are basically saying your okay Abdallah, Mo and Barry continuing to kill our club. If you are serious about wanting better times and a bit of ambition? Then put your latics money in the contingency fund.

Canada Latic you offend thousands with your ill thought out comments on this thread and others. If the club goes under due to lack of support do you celebrate and say I told you so? Really think things through. 

We all know that the Lemsagens will not or cannot financially support the club to the extent required but a complete starvation of funds will only lead one way surely. Not by design we have probably reached a balance where those wiling to pay up will help keep the club alive while those holding onto their funds will stop if from thriving under the current ownership. Both sides are needed in the long run. Don't criticise long term supporters who hold the club very close to their hearts, it's demise would be heartbreaking to us. 

37 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Canada Latic you offend thousands with your ill thought out comments on this thread and others. If the club goes under due to lack of support do you celebrate and say I told you so? Really think things through. 

We all know that the Lemsagens will not or cannot financially support the club to the extent required but a complete starvation of funds will only lead one way surely. Not by design we have probably reached a balance where those wiling to pay up will help keep the club alive while those holding onto their funds will stop if from thriving under the current ownership. Both sides are needed in the long run. Don't criticise long term supporters who hold the club very close to their hearts, it's demise would be heartbreaking to us. 

Great post. I would double upvote this if I could 👍 

12 hours ago, Stainrod said:

We all know that the Lemsagens will not or cannot financially support the club to the extent required but a complete starvation of funds will only lead one way surely.
Not by design we have probably reached a balance where those wiling to pay up will help keep the club alive while those holding onto their funds will stop if from thriving under the current ownership. 

This.

It is obvious that the owner does not have the finances to support the club in anything but a limited way. But the season ticket money does not ‘go into his pocket’ as some mistakenly believe.
That money goes into keeping the club afloat and the idea that Abdallah is taking money out of the club is, frankly, laughable.

What is more pertinent is the fact that, despite receiving ‘credible offers’ for the club, he seems to be dragging his feet and holding out for an unrealistic price that he will simply not get.

The earlier protests organised by the fan groups did achieve one aim in getting Abdallah to state that he would sell. Since then it has gone very quiet.

The ‘Balance’ that @Stainrodrefers to above is a very precarious one and is possibly the only thing that has stopped the club from folding. 

At the moment, the focus is rightly on getting behind the team.

However, if we do not find a resolution to the ownership problem soon then the club going under will happen.

16 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

Who ever's buying season tickets needs their head testing. You are basically saying your okay Abdallah, Mo and Barry continuing to kill our club. If you are serious about wanting better times and a bit of ambition? Then put your latics money in the contingency fund.

12 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Some folk need to just look at what has happened to us this season to understand a little more about our fan base

Despite widespread dissatisfaction with the current regime, supporter numbers roughly look like this:

2000+ season ticket holders

1000+ pay as they go 

The season ticket holders are likely to renew regardless of whoever owns the club and attend games for 3 main reasons being, attend games with their kids, attend games with an elderly parent or simply want to support the team no matter what

This hardcore group of supporters would be bonkers not taking up the £200 first 500 offer

And don't think for a second that Conference League football would be cheaper than we charge now because it just isn't. The likes of Stockport Country charge similar to us

As for lining ALs pockets, the £100,000 the first 500 Adult season ticket offer would generate is buttons relative to the cost of running the club and the £5m+ debt

The 'Return of Shez' materially increased supporters attending games 

6000 turned out for his first game v Rochdale

4500 even now after the run of 5 defeats

For me the numbers evidence that, as most of us have suspected, is that the vast majority of our supporters will put aside their uncertainties and dislike for the regime running/owning the Club if they get even the slightest encouragement to do so

The most important issue here is that we should respect the opinions of our fan base to buy season tickets, go to games or boycott games

Don't get stuck in the trenches lobbing grenades at folk that don't share your views

We are all Oldham aren't we  

15 hours ago, Stainrod said:

At the last count regarding season ticket sales, I seem to have offended roughly 100 people. If people can't see the correlation between purchasing a season ticket under the current ownership and the risk  to the long term future of the club, then we're in a lot more trouble than I thought. If people actually read beyond that comment, I kept saying put your money into the OASF contingency fund instead. Barry Owen will be reading these heated counter opinions of my view and be telling the owners that there are people okay with you sticking around, all is not lost. If you guys put as much effort and energy into being vocal against the owners as you do at me, then it might help hasten their exit. What I can't get my head round is how a lot of Oldham fans think that our club is unique when it comes to bad owners. That are only way out is to put money to the owners, turn up and clap thinking that they are real fans. All the while sniping at fans on forums such as this. As some kind of badge of honour. Fans of other clubs that are both bigger and smaller than ours have took the kind of action I suggested and come out the other side of it with the prospect of a better future. It seems to me that our fanbase are more difficult to convince and mobilize direct action against our current situation, compared to Portsmouth, Leyton Orient, Charlton to name a few. It took the athleticoes to the extreme of using tennis balls for others to think about possibly doing something, along with PTB. We have that chance to take direct action against the owners with the contingency fund among other things, instead of purchasing season tickets. But that chance will get smaller the longer the current ownership are here. By purchasing season tickets now, you are basically giving the current ownership and Barry the green light to stay and continue to destroy our club. Running the risk of killing the club in the long term with their incompetence. Just like all of you on here, this club is part of my DNA and when I see people at ownership/director level who don't care like we do and mistreat it. It hurts. All I am asking is those looking to purchase season tickets, please pause for a minute and think about where that money will be going right now. It most certainly won't be back into the team. 

2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Some folk need to just look at what has happened to us this season to understand a little more about our fan base

Despite widespread dissatisfaction with the current regime, supporter numbers roughly look like this:

2000+ season ticket holders

1000+ pay as they go 

The season ticket holders are likely to renew regardless of whoever owns the club and attend games for 3 main reasons being, attend games with their kids, attend games with an elderly parent or simply want to support the team no matter what

This hardcore group of supporters would be bonkers not taking up the £200 first 500 offer

And don't think for a second that Conference League football would be cheaper than we charge now because it just isn't. The likes of Stockport Country charge similar to us

As for lining ALs pockets, the £100,000 the first 500 Adult season ticket offer would generate is buttons relative to the cost of running the club and the £5m+ debt

The 'Return of Shez' materially increased supporters attending games 

6000 turned out for his first game v Rochdale

4500 even now after the run of 5 defeats

For me the numbers evidence that, as most of us have suspected, is that the vast majority of our supporters will put aside their uncertainties and dislike for the regime running/owning the Club if they get even the slightest encouragement to do so

The most important issue here is that we should respect the opinions of our fan base to buy season tickets, go to games or boycott games

Don't get stuck in the trenches lobbing grenades at folk that don't share your views

We are all Oldham aren't we  

I thank you for the respectful way you put your counter opinion to mine. I respect this post. But I just can't get my head round why people want to continue to fund this ownership in the long term, despite what has happened in the 4+ years they have been here. Because that is where the season ticket money will be going. 

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It is obvious that the owner does not have the finances to support the club in anything but a limited way. But the season ticket money does not ‘go into his pocket’ as some mistakenly believe.
That money goes into keeping the club afloat and the idea that Abdallah is taking money out of the club is, frankly, laughable.

I didn't say that. I said the money will be giving the ownership the green light to stay longer and to carry on with their mistreatment of the club.

2 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

I thank you for the respectful way you put your counter opinion to mine. I respect this post. But I just can't get my head round why people want to continue to fund this ownership in the long term, despite what has happened in the 4+ years they have been here. Because that is where the season ticket money will be going. 

I struggled to understand it myself for a while but its really simple 

Our fanbase love the Club more than they hate the Regime 

Archived