Season Tickets on Sale

3 hours ago, tGWB said:

Agreed with all that and was personally a boycotter that took part in PtB Protest Walks and attended 'Away Days' only but . . . . . . . . . 

The 'Return of Shez' changed my mind on how best I should support my club

Relegation into the National Conference would be a disaster

Had only attended Away games this season with the last two before Shez being Salford and Harrogate and the abuse directed at the players was horrific and I seriously thought of not attending another game

Then along came Shez 

I haven't the words to express how wonderful it felt coming Home and being part of 6000 Latics fans unconditionally supporting the very same players who the week before got slaughtered

From being 7pts adrift from safety and not looking remotely like a team fighting for our Football League status, we are now in with a serious chance of avoiding the drop

It isn't just Shez that has made the difference, I truly believe the mass ranks of our Athleticos and their insistence in supporting the team no matter what has spread to every other Latics supporter attending games

Hate the current regime, the hangers on and Brassbank for being instrumental in the continuing decline of our club but I am honestly glad I came back Home to help in the fight to stay up

I understand that point of view I hold John Sheridan in the utmost regard we all do.

But I just can't get excited about avoiding relegation to the 5th tier of English football especially when their is no plan or even possibility that we won't be in the same if not worse position next season should we avoid the drop this time round. If we go down then I can just see another relegation battle just 1 league lower.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

That works out at £465k per year(*)from 2019-2022. I wonder what the next three years will bring?

* Assuming a playing squad of 25 that means we can afford to offer an average annual salary of £18.6k or £358 per week…if that was our only income that is…😮

But there is sponsorship to factor in so we may be able to offer maybe £800 per week 😉

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I understand that point of view I hold John Sheridan in the utmost regard we all do.

But I just can't get excited about avoiding relegation to the 5th tier of English football especially when their is no plan or even possibility that we won't be in the same if not worse position next season should we avoid the drop this time round. If we go down then I can just see another relegation battle just 1 league lower.

Two different things for me Glossop 

Glad am back to support Shez and the team in our fight to maintain our football league status 

Returning to BP next season is very much dependant on who our manager is,what players we bring in and how the sale of the club has progressed 

36 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

That works out at £465k per year(*)from 2019-2022. I wonder what the next three years will bring?

* Assuming a playing squad of 25 that means we can afford to offer an average annual salary of £18.6k or £358 per week…if that was our only income that is…😮

But there is sponsorship to factor in so we may be able to offer maybe £800 per week 😉

Think you also get a similar figure from the EFL.

7 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think a big issue here when asking people to boycott is it strikes to the heart of why we are Oldham fans in the first place. We get abit of a hard time of it at school with the playground dominated by United City and Liverpool fans (its even worse when you grow up outside of Oldham) So what we believe sets us apart from them is that we go to games and support our club through thick and thin. We are prepared to tolerate alot knowone can accuse us of being entitled.

However I believe that loyalty should not be unconditional I'm not turning up to have the piss taken out of me.

By buying a season ticket next season the money will only go to funding the lifestyles of Mohamed Lemsagam and Barry Owen. Funding an expensive and frankly pointless legal campaign. The playing budget will not be improved it will likely decrease so those who "go for the football" will see worse football, and Boundary Park won't be getting better anytime soon either. Their is no plan to take the club forward or improve anything.

The Lemsagams don't care about your loyalty how many years you have supported us or what this club means to you or the town.

I'll always be an Oldham Athletic fan and that's my identity. It's my club my brothers club my Dads club my Grandads club My Great Grandads club. That day I came to BoundaryPark in January 1990 with my Dad and Grandad to watch us beat Brighton in the FA cup with Andy Ritchie knocking in the winner from a Rick Holden cross changed my life forever.

But now I'm having a sabbatical from attending games until the lunatics have left the asylum. So my support now is to logging on here and contributing to the debate hoping that 1 day I log on and see a thread titled Club sold to new owners or something similar. When that day comes wild horses won't hold me back from walking down sheepfoot Lane.

I'm of the same thought, last night I went to Radcliffe borough to watch Bury Afc against Prestwich Heys, what an enjoyable evening it was, relaxed fans in a relaxed atmosphere watching 2 teams giving it there all. Was pretty 1 sided as Bury could have won by far more the 4-1 scoreline suggested. It didn't have the passionate support that the Athleticos bring to a game, but it was 6 quid well spent. 

As an aside it was great to see players actually competing without diving, cheating or trying to con the ref (who I thought was outstanding). A refreshing change and I can see why people get hooked on football at that level. I will be going back for more next season. 

I went to pick up my Port Vale tickets last week and was told that around 240 ST's had been sold. I'm working on the assumption that those who are going to buy one would have snapped one up immediately, so I can't see there being many more sales between now and the end of the season...

On 4/7/2022 at 8:14 AM, Lee Sinnott said:

I went to pick up my Port Vale tickets last week and was told that around 240 ST's had been sold. I'm working on the assumption that those who are going to buy one would have snapped one up immediately, so I can't see there being many more sales between now and the end of the season...

£40k income isn’t going to go very far.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:17 AM, JohnnyPimp said:

On 4/8/2022 at 10:45 AM, mick26 said:

Severance package for Mo?

He probably stuck the season ticket money on "Cloth Cap" in the Grand National thinking he could supplement his vast salary as Director of Football with a 25-1 winner.

Shame - it was pulled up and never finished - 🐴 - I can't think of a funny ending to this - but I am sure someone can..........................................

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Anyone on here bought one? In a warped way, I'd probably be more inclined to get one for the Conference than L2 but, as things stand right now, I can't justify paying 270 quid with so many issues surrounding the club up in the air...

If you got one now you'd get it for £200 as I don't think we've reached 500 yet

As it stands Lg2 or conference matters not I won't be renewing whilst those cunts remain anywhere near the club 

And I include Owen and Brown in that too 

47 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

If you got one now you'd get it for £200 as I don't think we've reached 500 yet

As it stands Lg2 or conference matters not I won't be renewing whilst those cunts remain anywhere near the club 

And I include Owen and Brown in that too 

I thought the £200 was only in place for a week, wasn't it...?

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Anyone on here bought one? In a warped way, I'd probably be more inclined to get one for the Conference than L2 but, as things stand right now, I can't justify paying 270 quid with so many issues surrounding the club up in the air...

Me for £140.

I'll  support them no matter what division.

Ive seen the good times and the bad.

On 4/8/2022 at 10:17 AM, JohnnyPimp said:

A player share fund similar to what the trust instigated a few seasons ago could be the way forward!!

If the 3000 supporters who signed the PTB petition earlier this season pledged just £10 per month to the club by DD that would finance a decent National League squad for a full season. 
For all you smoker’s that’s one less packet of fags and us drinkers 3 less pints a month!!😆

It’s not a fortune even in the current climate we find ourselves in and under the right ownership I would definitely contribute!

Would fans support such an initiative?It would be worth a survey by OASF surely?

On 4/17/2022 at 8:46 AM, oafc1955 said:

A player share fund similar to what the trust instigated a few seasons ago could be the way forward!!

If the 3000 supporters who signed the PTB petition earlier this season pledged just £10 per month to the club by DD that would finance a National League squad for a full season. 
For all you smoker’s that’s one less packet of fags and us drinkers 3 less pints a month!!😆

It’s not a fortune even in the current climate we find ourselves in and under the right ownership I would definitely contribute!

Would fans support such an initiative?It would be worth a survey by OASF surely?

Under the right ownership (as you say) I would be well up for this. Obviously would have to be guaranteed that the funds increase the playing budget from a reasonable base level already budgeted.

2 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Umder the right ownership (as you say) I would be well up for this. Obviously would have to be guaranteed that the funds increase the playing budget from a reasonable base level already budgeted.

It’s £1200 a week each for a squad of 25 even without a base level budget…..if you consider there will be under 21’s and a few ‘squad players’ in there too your top players could be on a fair bit more!!

I bought one last week for 220, they said the cut off for the 200 ones was 7th April, I want it more for the away days I've probably only watched half the home games live this season, I will be more interested next season if we go down given there are a fair few I've not watched us at, I actually don't think attendances will differ too much what division we are in as a lot of teams down there will fancy a day out at ours and there are plenty in Lge 2 now with shocking support. 

Archived