Season Tickets on Sale

23 hours ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Umder the right ownership (as you say) I would be well up for this. Obviously would have to be guaranteed that the funds increase the playing budget from a reasonable base level already budgeted.

It seems so simple. Am sure clubs with decent ownership are doing it to good effect. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Clifford said:

Disgusting that any fan has bought one at this point. We've no chance of forcing AL out when the lemmings will continue to give him cash.

What's to say he'd go if nobody turned up then?, he's obviously happy to subsidise and I've seen plenty who claimed they'd never set foot in BP again until he's gone attending again in the last few weeks, I'm happy to take a punt that he will be gone sometime soon and if he isn't then I've made a decision to continue to go and watch my team given it's likely you won't be able to view the games on streams next season.

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What's to say he'd go if nobody turned up then?, he's obviously happy to subsidise and I've seen plenty who claimed they'd never set foot in BP again until he's gone attending again in the last few weeks, I'm happy to take a punt that he will be gone sometime soon and if he isn't then I've made a decision to continue to go and watch my team given it's likely you won't be able to view the games on streams next season.

He'll go if no one buys tickets as the tax man etc will take it off him. If we are down He'll lose millions in funding from other sources. It's then on commercial, ticket sales and his own pocket. I've seen no evidence in the last 12 months he's opened his wallet. 

3 minutes ago, Clifford said:

He'll go if no one buys tickets as the tax man etc will take it off him. If we are down He'll lose millions in funding from other sources. It's then on commercial, ticket sales and his own pocket. I've seen no evidence in the last 12 months he's opened his wallet. 

He reckoned three years ago he had put 6 million in. He's still saying now he's put 6 million in so that suggests he has either put nothing in over the last three years or he's just a bare faced liar...

11 hours ago, Clifford said:

Disgusting that any fan has bought one at this point. We've no chance of forcing AL out when the lemmings will continue to give him cash.

Yet there are lemmings who give the OEC their money every home match 🙄🙄

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He reckoned three years ago he had put 6 million in. He's still saying now he's put 6 million in so that suggests he has either put nothing in over the last three years or he's just a bare faced liar...

I think he put money in at the start. Doyle, Byrne etc. He's that poorly I'm guessing he's including whatever fee he paid Corney for the club.

Since the 1st season there is no evidence to me we've spent much more than what comes in from TV, premier league, sales etc.

1 minute ago, philwhite said:

The idea that Blitz is as current a danger and AL is insane. Blitz has a price, been published for all to see. AL is racking up debts in the clubs name and seemingly not too bothered about us heading in the quick sand of non league.

Only one person is stopping us coming under new ownership and they won't be found in the North Stand at any point.

15 minutes ago, philwhite said:

The OEC is an outsourced hospitality company it is not the reason we are in this mess.

It is very common for football clubs to outsource their hospitality. I worked for a company that did this for 4 premier league football clubs at the time I worked there. They'd also previously done it for several more prior to that.

The idea that they are somehow responsible for the current situation is comical 

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The OEC is an outsourced hospitality company it is not the reason we are in this mess.

It is very common for football clubs to outsource their hospitality. I worked for a company that did this for 4 premier league football clubs at the time I worked there. They'd also previously done it for several more prior to that.

The idea that they are somehow responsible for the current situation is comical 

All true but it doesn't take away the fact that all those spending their hard earned in the OEC are contributing zero to the day to day running of the club despite claiming to have the clubs best interests at heart, all as bad as each other in my eyes, I've heard enough bollocks from all sides, all in it for themselves.

Personally cannot understand why anyone would wish to contribute a single penny to this regime. It completely baffles me; really does. I want to see Latics again as much as anyone else - of course I do - but why can't people see that they are just legitimising this regime by handing their cash over to them?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

All true but it doesn't take away the fact that all those spending their hard earned in the OEC are contributing zero to the day to day running of the club despite claiming to have the clubs best interests at heart, all as bad as each other in my eyes, I've heard enough bollocks from all sides, all in it for themselves.

We dont want to help AL stay at the helm for a day longer. Any money into OAFC currently supports Abdallah. 

22 minutes ago, Clifford said:

We dont want to help AL stay at the helm for a day longer. Any money into OAFC currently supports Abdallah. 

Including those who called Season Ticket holders scabs at the start of the season but returned themselves once Sheridan was appointed, thus giving Mr Lemsagam even more money...

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Including those who called Season Ticket holders scabs at the start of the season but returned themselves once Sheridan was appointed, thus giving Mr Lemsagam even more money...

I believe the fans groups asked for all fans to back the team.

Personally I've paid into the Rochdale game in recognition of Shezs return, same with Orient. I can see why people have come back short term. Orients the last penny they get unless the Crawley games got our league status on the line.

The idea people are propping up AL again with season ticket money is almost tragic. There is clearly nothing he could do to stop people handing over their money. 

In terms of financial protests unless the highly self promoted fans representative groups don't pull their fingers out and call it on it'll never happen properly. Too much trying to play all sides at the moment.

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

I believe the fans groups asked for all fans to back the team.

Personally I've paid into the Rochdale game in recognition of Shezs return, same with Orient. I can see why people have come back short term. Orients the last penny they get unless the Crawley games got our league status on the line.

The idea people are propping up AL again with season ticket money is almost tragic. There is clearly nothing he could do to stop people handing over their money. 

In terms of financial protests unless the highly self promoted fans representative groups don't pull their fingers out and call it on it'll never happen properly. Too much trying to play all sides at the moment.

So you're an hypocrite then, how can you lecture others describing them as tragic when your own moral compass is up the wall, you're either in or out surely? 

And this notion that the fans group are behind those returning is frankly bollocks, as an adult you can make an informed decision, having Shez as manager (as much as I love him) is actually an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things and any protests going forward will now look like they are being staged on the back of poor results not what they were built up to be.

28 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

So you're an hypocrite then, how can you lecture others describing them as tragic when your own moral compass is up the wall, you're either in or out surely? 

And this notion that the fans group are behind those returning is frankly bollocks, as an adult you can make an informed decision, having Shez as manager (as much as I love him) is actually an irrelevance in the grand scheme of things and any protests going forward will now look like they are being staged on the back of poor results not what they were built up to be.

As has been said before:

Fans boycott and protest to try and get the Lemmies out. 

Lemmies say they'll sell. Shez returns. 

Fans return to try and help the club retain league status. 

No sign of sale and inspector shitpeas returns. 

Fans continue season ticket boycott and plan further protests. 

I don't see how that is difficult to understand. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

As has been said before:

So you are saying they don't want to sell?  Why not?

21 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

As has been said before:

I understand that if that is indeed happening, it depends what angle you take now I get the concern about retaining League status, I was worried before the season started and on that basis opted to support the team through a season ticket contribution of £200, I didn't criticise the stay aways or blame them for our poor playing budget it is after all their choice.

Shez coming back when we were 8 points adrift and fans returning is all very honurable but surely if they have any principles the damage was done and he faced a near impossible task, why is everyone so keen for us to survive now? after all Abdallah will be better of to the tune of £1 million + if we retain our status putting him in a fair position to run us in pretty much the same way next season.

Finally what if Shez does keep us up? What then? Are you all going to boycott again setting us up to fail again next season then coming back in February/March getting behind the lads to protect the League status, like I say plenty of hypocrites around at the minute picking and choosing when to support and criticising others for doing so, that is what is tragic in all this to me.

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shez coming back when we were 8 points adrift and fans returning is all very honurable but surely if they have any principles the damage was done and he faced a near impossible task, why is everyone so keen for us to survive now? after all Abdallah will be better of to the tune of £1 million + if we retain our status putting him in a fair position to run us in pretty much the same way next season.

Finally what if Shez does keep us up? What then? Are you all going to boycott again setting us up to fail again next season then coming back in February/March getting behind the lads to protect the League status, like I say plenty of hypocrites around at the minute picking and choosing when to support and criticising others for doing so, that is what is tragic in all this to me.

Spot on, really. One of the saddest things is that no fans' group (under whatever guise) has truly united the majority of fans under one banner and then led/guided them along a course of action to achieve a stated objective. You need a certain kind of leader in a "war" - we've never had the right kind of leader - and rarely any really effective leader at all. 

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I understand that if that is indeed happening, it depends what angle you take now I get the concern about retaining League status, I was worried before the season started and on that basis opted to support the team through a season ticket contribution of £200, I didn't criticise the stay aways or blame them for our poor playing budget it is after all their choice.

I really don't understand you funding the Lemmies. You're the one chucking the criticism about. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

So you are saying they don't want to sell?  Why not?

What I said was that having given them the benefit of the doubt that they would sell, there has been no evidence of that happening. Add to that the return of inspector clueless, many of us think it is time to put the pressure back on. 

25 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Spot on, really. One of the saddest things is that no fans' group (under whatever guise) has truly united the majority of fans under one banner and then led/guided them along a course of action to achieve a stated objective. You need a certain kind of leader in a "war" - we've never had the right kind of leader - and rarely any really effective leader at all. 

It’s not possible to unite the fans, how can it be? There’s no one or no course of action that could get 100% backing. 

Season tickets have been on sale a while and they’ve sold low hundreds. That’s about as united as you’ll get. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I really don't understand you funding the Lemmies. You're the one chucking the criticism about. 

People have reasons I've tried to explain before 

My 80yr old grandad is literally dying. He doesn't care who owns us he just wants to watch his team and get away from my dementia riddled gran who abuses him every other minute 

But people will call him a scab

It's disgusting- go if you want to, don't if you don't but try to be kind to those who do the opposite 

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

People have reasons I've tried to explain before 

My 80yr old grandad is literally dying. He doesn't care who owns us he just wants to watch his team and get away from my dementia riddled gran who abuses him every other minute 

But people will call him a scab

It's disgusting- go if you want to, don't if you don't but try to be kind to those who do the opposite 

What the actual fuck. I haven't called anyone a scab, I was responding to Yarddog73 saying he chose to buy a season ticket to support the playing budget. In my opinion that's money that will be wasted by Mo and prolong the stay of this abhorrent regime. 

Archived