Season Tickets on Sale

35 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

But if there wasn't any money going in to do those things - he'd have to find it! Which would hasten his departure - which is why if the majority had boycotted properly, we'd be in a much healthier position now (in my opinion).

Or more staff would be laid off, players would be paid even less than they are now  etc etc

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

But if there wasn't any money going in to do those things - he'd have to find it! Which would hasten his departure - which is why if the majority had boycotted properly, we'd be in a much healthier position now (in my opinion).

Fine but that's a different argument from saying it is going into his pocket.

25 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Tad less important than the survival of the club short term I'm afraid. 

But the line seems to be that any money fans pay for tickets is trousered by Abdallah. The less money he gets the more he cuts back, cue the EFL loan and shite squad. He'll carry on running the club unless he finds a buyer who meets his terms.

In my opinion it the publicity of the protests etc that will hasten his departure rather people not turning up.

12 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

But the line seems to be that any money fans pay for tickets is trousered by Abdallah. The less money he gets the more he cuts back, cue the EFL loan and shite squad. He'll carry on running the club unless he finds a buyer who meets his terms.

In my opinion it the publicity of the protests etc that will hasten his departure rather people not turning up.

The budget is so low it's paid for by efl, tv and prem monies. Ticket money is all a nice extra for him.

A million minimum off our income when we go down not including crowds etc. If i worked at latics I'd be firing LinkedIn up.....

8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

The budget is so low it's paid for by efl, tv and prem monies. Ticket money is all a nice extra for him.

A million minimum off our income when we go down not including crowds etc. If i worked at latics I'd be firing LinkedIn up.....

The problem is that if all income dries up then we'll just go bust. I doubt he cares that much, he just won't lose any more money. We have to somehow keep the club alive so there's something for him to sell

3 hours ago, Steve_R said:

The problem is that if all income dries up then we'll just go bust. I doubt he cares that much, he just won't lose any more money. We have to somehow keep the club alive so there's something for him to sell

The people we owe money to would surely want administration? Taxman etc certain debts that can call that on I believe. 

4 hours ago, Clifford said:

I wouldn't hire anyone off LinkedIn

The amount of people doing press ups at 3am, drinking a kale smoothie and helping the 6 year old do quantum physics homework before "seizing the day" fucking nauseates me 

5 hours ago, Steve_R said:

Why would he keep wanting to putting money in if its depleting his personal wealth week in week out?

19 hours ago, Steve_R said:

We have to somehow keep the club alive so there's something for him to sell

Steve - can't you see that AL effectively HAS NOTHING TO SELL? He owns precious little which is worth very little - and will be worth diddly when we are "non-league". Blitz (like it or not) is the only person that is/was in a position to save us in our present state - we needed/need him on board and should have been negotiating with him long and hard. Blitz holds 3 of the aces - we own the 4th (i.e. future income from fans). 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, oldhamfan said:

Judging of the current mood I know many people will not be renewing season tickets but any idea why you currently can’t renew or buy a new season ticket online ?

To stop those about to be banned I imagine 

14 minutes ago, oldhamfan said:

Judging of the current mood I know many people will not be renewing season tickets but any idea why you currently can’t renew or buy a new season ticket online ?

You have to be vetted first, have your picture took and see if it matches with any of the pitch protesters. 

1 hour ago, oldhamfan said:

need to get an ID card, pledge loyalty to ALMO, sign a form not to 'actively dispromote the club, have ur iris scanned, hand prints, feet prints, prove you can pull up a plant and then take pie n peas up to The Stench.

7 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Joe royal stand closed next season

not surprising. More concerning is that it’s clearly the owners will not work together which leads u to thinking ALMO still have no intention to sell as they would t be that arsed if trying to flog the club in the off season 

36 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

not surprising. More concerning is that it’s clearly the owners will not work together which leads u to thinking ALMO still have no intention to sell as they would t be that arsed if trying to flog the club in the off season 

While the court case is active they have no intention to sell. That much is clear. The club also isn't paying rent to the landlord, so would imagine there's no desire for the landlord to work with the tenant if the tenant is refusing to pay rent or even undertake the most basic upkeep of the property they're renting (as they should be doing as per the agreement).

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

we only need one stand next season.

Yep the RRE is all that is required - ample space to hold any "crowd" that may attend. Hopefully, the vast majority of fans will send a strong message now to this regime (way too late of course) and simply stay away until they are gone.

Quick question..

I'm not the only one thinking this as a couple of mates want to do the same - is it possible to claim a refund for the season ticket I've purchased either directly through the club or through my card provider?

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Quick question..

I'm not the only one thinking this as a couple of mates want to do the same - is it possible to claim a refund for the season ticket I've purchased either directly through the club or through my card provider?

within a certain amount of days from the cc but it would be better to do it from the club with a letter explainin why.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a season ticket for myself and daughter in the first early bird pricing phase, I did so hoping that we would remain in the football league and the club would be sold but relegation and the radio silence up until this week (court case) on the sale of the club hasn't given me buyers remorse and I totally understand why those boycotting but my reason for purchasing is simply this.. 

I've been a regular pay on the day home and away 2/3 games a month punter from my teens up until the point when I could afford a season ticket then I became a regular season ticket holder until the point were my lad was playing on Saturdays and training on Tuesday for his team, I don't drive which makes fitting in his football and latics became challenging the timing of this was also the same time when my discontent for owner and his brother had peaked and I made the decision to stop attending Oldham games

Last season my sons games had moved to Sundays and training to Wednesday which was great for getting back to latics unfortunately I missed the early bird sales money was tight so I decided to start coming games again with my daughter when I could afford to whilst still feeling uneasy about putting money back in to the ownership I had grown to detest, having a few aways days with the lads and home games with my daughter who had missed the footy as much as I had I decided there and then that regardless of the league status, regardless of the ownership saga, regardless of the players/managers retained that I was going to get season tickets again to share these moments with my daughter again because nothing in life is promised and the time we have with our loved ones we should be cherish. I am donating on a monthly basis to the 1895 fund but I don't feel guilty about spending £246 for quality time with my daughter who loves the club as much as I do.

Archived