Season Tickets on Sale

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Start at £200 for the first 500 people (until 08/04/2022). Early bird price (until 20th May)* is £270

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/march/31032022-2022-23-season-tickets/

* Think the club have extended the early bird window in the past few seasons.

What are the comparable prices in the national league? 

The timing of this stinks. 2 days before Stevenage, while everyone is trying to create positivity especially after Tuesday's result. There was only ever going to be one response to this - largely negative.

If I was being cynical, I would think that this was deliberate timing to try and force the hand of PTB and OASF into some sort of response about not buying season tickets. So a certain someone (who just so happens to be back involved with the club and has a long record of awful club statements) could then claim those bodies are a contributing factor to everything going wrong at the club.

Surely not?!

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

The timing of this stinks. 2 days before Stevenage, while everyone is trying to create positivity especially after Tuesday's result. There was only ever going to be one response to this - largely negative.

If I was being cynical, I would think that this was deliberate timing to try and force the hand of PTB and OASF into some sort of response about not buying season tickets. So a certain someone (who just so happens to be back involved with the club and has a long record of awful club statements) could then claim those bodies are a contributing factor to everything going wrong at the club.

Surely not?!

I don't think it needs PTB or OASF to get involved, there won't be that many buying anyway. (unless the owner and his cohorts have gone) 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Surely not?!

Early Bird prices available until 20 May so no need to make any decision yet methinks.

The £200 Adult offer for the first 500 sold - will be interesting to see how that goes 🤔

22 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Early Bird prices available until 20 May so no need to make any decision yet methinks.

The £200 Adult offer for the first 500 sold - will be interesting to see how that goes 🤔

I was tempted. Couldn't even buy one. The website appears not to work, tried on various devices, differing errors. 

12 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Under 18s discount gone now under 16 sneaky 

Wonder what percentage of the Athleticos are 16/17 year olds?  More reason for me to be suspicious about Mr Statement being involved in all this.

Shitpeas all over it, worryingly my first thought on this was that there cannot be a buyer lined up and Abdallah and his cronies must be planning on staying given they will be spunking next seasons diminishing budget already, it wouldn't be too bad if they issued a plan alongside these ill timed claims for funds.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I don't think it needs PTB or OASF to get involved, there won't be that many buying anyway. (unless the owner and his cohorts have gone) 

I agree to some extent. But OASF are about to do a big marketing push to raise a lot of money by the sounds of it, which would probably involve putting out the argument that instead of buying season tickets fans should donate that money to the fund.

So I guess there would be a conflict whenever the season tickets were announced, but to do it just before this relegation 6 pointer seems suspect to me. The full focus of the club and the fans should be on this game, not on a slanging match over season tickets.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Wonder what percentage of the Athleticos are 16/17 year olds?  More reason for me to be suspicious about Mr Statement being involved in all this.

Yes the future supports of the club and you price them our of going what a wonderful plan that is I wonder who came up with this one sure something similar happened few season back red fleece back on the scene no coincidence 

4 hours ago, disjointed said:

I tend to agree with this. It will only generate £100k anyway, so it doesn't even help the cash flow all that much. From the outside it looks like a fairly clumsy effort to muddy the waters for the fan groups. 

30 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I tend to agree with this. It will only generate £100k anyway, so it doesn't even help the cash flow all that much. From the outside it looks like a fairly clumsy effort to muddy the waters for the fan groups. 

Not sure it's an effort to muddy the waters. Most clubs have released season ticket offers recently, the club is up for sale but that doesn't mean you just stop doing business. There might not be any suitable buyers or it could take quite some time given the complex issues with regards to the stand, lease and possible litigation. If you put your house up for sale you still continue to pay your mortgage, bills etc. I think people are looking into it too deeply.

Archived