Season Tickets on Sale

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t think we’re short of interest, anyone with credibility knows our potential.

I think we’re short of people who to pay AL 5/6 million for a badge. 

Not quite right that though is it

Any new owner/s would be buying:

• the company Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd
  • the rights to the Club Badge
  • taking on a £5m+ debt
  • ongoing running costs of the Club

If that's not enough of a challenge, the rent charge for the stadium would need negotiating with Brassbank (Blitz & Gazal) if the new owner/s were not able to buy the stadium and land the stadium sits on 

9 minutes ago, tGWB said:

• taking on a £5m+ debt

If that's not enough of a challenge, the rent charge for the stadium would need negotiating with Brassbank (Blitz & Gazal) if the new owner/s were not able to buy the stadium and land the stadium sits on 

Don’t think there is any chance of another ‘club badge purchase’.

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

• taking on a £5m+ debt

What’s that got to do the price of fish? 

I was replying to another poster about the headline reason anyone would be put off buying us- and it won’t be a lack of season tickets sales. I didn’t attempt to give a full breakdown of everything else because A, it’s very well known and B, I didn’t want to depress myself further. 

But seeing as though it’s the season for pedantry, a new owner won’t take on 5 million of debt- because that is AL’s investment so he’ll either get some mug to give his money back, or we’ll go into admin and he’ll lose it all. 

You need circa 11 million to buy us whole currently. 

Circa 6 million if we go into admin. 

18 minutes ago, tGWB said:

• taking on a £5m+ debt

Any new owner who doesn't have the funds to pay off Blitz isn't going to be any good to us, as we've seen with the current custodian.

5 hours ago, Canada_latic said:

If you actually looked beyond those few words before trying to vilify me over the weekend, then you would understand the bigger picture I was trying to paint. But no you zoomed in and focused on those few words. Thankfully the podcast today made the same point, but worded a bit differently. 

"trying to vilify me" 🤣

Be serious. If you want to brand fans buying season tickets as killing our club, then in all honesty I think you're vilifying yourself.

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Why do you think that 

Because if we go into admin, no one will pay someone’s unsecured bad debt/previous investment.  So In reality AL’s 5 million only exits on paper. He is never ever going to see that money again.  Blitz on the other hand doesn’t throw money away and his investment has a security- a buyer is actually getting something for their money. So whether circa 6 million is accurate or not; him asking a new owner for money has credibility and is needed for the reason below. 

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Any new owner who doesn't have the funds to pay off Blitz isn't going to be any good to us, as we've seen with the current custodian.

3 hours ago, another fan said:

I would hope that low number of season ticket sales would have been taken into account for the coming seasons budget. Mind you as many would say with the current owners who knows wtf is going to happen

On the flip side decent ticket sales may encourage other potential buyers

I think its obvious now these dicks have no intention of selling- other than that crank Lees no substantial reports of interested parties 

They've done what they always do - release a statement they think will keep the wolves at bay (and it has)

I emailed ronseal the other day for an update and funnily enough no response- even Evans responded to emails 

50 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think its obvious now these dicks have no intention of selling- other than that crank Lees no substantial reports of interested parties 

They've done what they always do - release a statement they think will keep the wolves at bay (and it has)

I emailed ronseal the other day for an update and funnily enough no response- even Evans responded to emails 

Agreed. 

If we stay up I think enough will buy season ticket for them to just on carry as they were. 

It’s a very difficult decision our supporters have to make…we definitely don’t want relegation this season or next, that’s for certain, and it’s obvious the vast majority of us want the present owners out.

If we don’t support the regime with ST sales or match day income then one way or another it will almost certainly lead to relegation next season.

Are we willing to sacrifice our league status to get these owners out because that is the dilemma we are faced with!

Our owners have proved time and time again totally incompetent and disinterested even with our full support and so it’s an absolute no brainier for me. Short term pain for hopefully, long term gain!

We have to somehow get them out asap and if relegation comes with that then so be it!

********ABDALLAH OUT********

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Are there any examples of owners relinquishing control due to low ticket sales? Genuine question, no trolling here.

I couldn't be sure, but I would be very surprised if this has ever happened. 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s a very difficult decision our supporters have to make…we definitely don’t want relegation this season or next, that’s for certain, and it’s obvious the vast majority of us want the present owners out.

If we don’t support the regime with ST sales or match day income then one way or another it will almost certainly lead to relegation next season.

Are we willing to sacrifice our league status to get these owners out because that is the dilemma we are faced with!

Our owners have proved time and time again totally incompetent and disinterested even with our full support and so it’s an absolute no brainier for me. Short term pain for hopefully, long term gain!

We have to somehow get them out asap and if relegation comes with that then so be it!

********ABDALLAH OUT********

It might be the only way to get rid of them unfortunately - if by the grace of Shez we do survive then low season ticket sales might be the last straw for Abdallah in propping up his brother's failed football masterplan and he could cut his losses and run 🤞.

Interesting debate generally. I have sustained my boycott; even despite the massive "pull" of Shez coming back. He's a true legend in my eyes but I still could not bring myself to give one more penny to this rotten regime.

That doesn't make me ",more of a fan" than others but neither are "others" more of a fan than me. I do wince somewhat when people pull on the emotional heart strings about days out with their dad etc. Yes, we've all been there, honest.

It's always been crystal clear to me - starve the regime of cash and they will be gone. Sometimes, you have to use extremes to illustrate a point. If there had been zero paying home fans (and nobody had bought a season ticket) at every game this season, the sale of the club would have been quickly assured - and probably completed by now. Everyone could relax for a bit and attend with their beloved family etc. again.

If, however, we'd sold 4,000 season tickets and 2,000 pay on the day home supporters turned up, no sale would ever be envisaged.

It's that simple once you strip "emotion" out of it. Anyone buying season tickets etc. is only helping to prop up a rotten regime. I think some views are quite selfish - i.e. they seem to be more about "me" and "what I want", rather than the long term good of the club itself. That's fine, as long as you realise this is truly an existential crisis. 

Any nonsense of "more season ticket sales shows any owner the true potential" is just that; nonsense. Anyone serious in buying the club will know the potential (and history) of the club etc. etc. (or they should!).

I don't like hashtags but if I was going to use one it would be  #notapennymore

We do get rather excited don't we.  The early sale of season tickets was an annual event.  Last two years I have waited until just before the early bird closing dates.  20th May is rather more generous than most years and certainly it makes sense to wait until after the season has ended.

I can understand 500 adults going for the £70 discount but can't understand anyone else buying now as your seat is guaranteed.  Money put in now isn't going to get us any more players.

If Marco & Mo decided to sell because the penny finally dropped, both that we don't want them and that they didn't have a clue what they were doing buying a football club then a sale there will be.  But then again to quote Dr Wafa Sultan: "The problem with Islam is that it is lacking a moral code. There are no ethics." & "When I write something that in the West sounds very basic, like why it’s not good to lie, it is very controversial because they have never heard about that before."

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

. If there had been zero paying home fans (and nobody had bought a season ticket) at every game this season, the sale of the club would have been quickly assured - and probably completed by now.

I think one of the two following scenarios are more likely:

Either we would have gone into administration and have been docked points and would now already be relegated 

Or

we would be so far adrift at the bottom of the league due to playing our academy team in the league and would already be relegated

possibly… 👀 

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Interesting debate generally. I have sustained my boycott; even despite the massive "pull" of Shez coming back. He's a true legend in my eyes but I still could not bring myself to give one more penny to this rotten regime.

That doesn't make me ",more of a fan" than others but neither are "others" more of a fan than me. I do wince somewhat when people pull on the emotional heart strings about days out with their dad etc. Yes, we've all been there, honest.

It's always been crystal clear to me - starve the regime of cash and they will be gone. Sometimes, you have to use extremes to illustrate a point. If there had been zero paying home fans (and nobody had bought a season ticket) at every game this season, the sale of the club would have been quickly assured - and probably completed by now. Everyone could relax for a bit and attend with their beloved family etc. again.

If, however, we'd sold 4,000 season tickets and 2,000 pay on the day home supporters turned up, no sale would ever be envisaged.

It's that simple once you strip "emotion" out of it. Anyone buying season tickets etc. is only helping to prop up a rotten regime. I think some views are quite selfish - i.e. they seem to be more about "me" and "what I want", rather than the long term good of the club itself. That's fine, as long as you realise this is truly an existential crisis. 

Any nonsense of "more season ticket sales shows any owner the true potential" is just that; nonsense. Anyone serious in buying the club will know the potential (and history) of the club etc. etc. (or they should!).

I don't like hashtags but if I was going to use one it would be  #notapennymore

Probably completed? To whom? You deal in hard facts at certain points and then probably when it suits. 

There's no guarantee anyone will buy us in the mess we are in. 

Those waiting for new owners in shining armor could be waiting for a long time. I hope it happens the clowns need to go. But there is no probable sale until someone puts a firm concrete bid on the table...Has anyone done that yet? 

1 hour ago, bluehobbit said:

Probably completed? To whom? You deal in hard facts at certain points and then probably when it suits. 

There's no guarantee anyone will buy us in the mess we are in. 

Those waiting for new owners in shining armor could be waiting for a long time. I hope it happens the clowns need to go. But there is no probable sale until someone puts a firm concrete bid on the table...Has anyone done that yet? 

Not wishing to put a downer on it, but Hull City took 8 years to get new owners after being put up for sale by the Allems

I think a big issue here when asking people to boycott is it strikes to the heart of why we are Oldham fans in the first place. We get abit of a hard time of it at school with the playground dominated by United City and Liverpool fans (its even worse when you grow up outside of Oldham) So what we believe sets us apart from them is that we go to games and support our club through thick and thin. We are prepared to tolerate alot knowone can accuse us of being entitled.

However I believe that loyalty should not be unconditional I'm not turning up to have the piss taken out of me.

By buying a season ticket next season the money will only go to funding the lifestyles of Mohamed Lemsagam and Barry Owen. Funding an expensive and frankly pointless legal campaign. The playing budget will not be improved it will likely decrease so those who "go for the football" will see worse football, and Boundary Park won't be getting better anytime soon either. Their is no plan to take the club forward or improve anything.

The Lemsagams don't care about your loyalty how many years you have supported us or what this club means to you or the town.

I'll always be an Oldham Athletic fan and that's my identity. It's my club my brothers club my Dads club my Grandads club My Great Grandads club. That day I came to BoundaryPark in January 1990 with my Dad and Grandad to watch us beat Brighton in the FA cup with Andy Ritchie knocking in the winner from a Rick Holden cross changed my life forever.

But now I'm having a sabbatical from attending games until the lunatics have left the asylum. So my support now is to logging on here and contributing to the debate hoping that 1 day I log on and see a thread titled Club sold to new owners or something similar. When that day comes wild horses won't hold me back from walking down sheepfoot Lane.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think a big issue here when asking people to boycott is it strikes to the heart of why we are Oldham fans in the first place. We get abit of a hard time of it at school with the playground dominated by United City and Liverpool fans (its even worse when you grow up outside of Oldham) So what we believe sets us apart from them is that we go to games and support our club through thick and thin. We are prepared to tolerate alot knowone can accuse us of being entitled.

However I believe that loyalty should not be unconditional I'm not turning up to have the piss taken out of me.

By buying a season ticket next season the money will only go to funding the lifestyles of Mohamed Lemsagam and Barry Owen. Funding an expensive and frankly pointless legal campaign. The playing budget will not be improved it will likely decrease so those who "go for the football" will see worse football, and Boundary Park won't be getting better anytime soon either. Their is no plan to take the club forward or improve anything.

The Lemsagams don't care about your loyalty how many years you have supported us or what this club means to you or the town.

I'll always be an Oldham Athletic fan and that's my identity. It's my club my brothers club my Dads club my Grandads club My Great Grandads club. That day I came to BoundaryPark in January 1990 with my Dad and Grandad to watch us beat Brighton in the FA cup with Andy Ritchie knocking in the winner from a Rick Holden cross changed my life forever.

But now I'm having a sabbatical from attending games until the lunatics have left the asylum. So my support now is to logging on here and contributing to the debate hoping that 1 day I log on and see a thread titled Club sold to new owners or something similar. When that day comes wild horses won't hold me back from walking down sheepfoot Lane.

Agreed with all that and was personally a boycotter that took part in PtB Protest Walks and attended 'Away Days' only but . . . . . . . . . 

The 'Return of Shez' changed my mind on how best I should support my club

Relegation into the National Conference would be a disaster

Had only attended Away games this season with the last two before Shez being Salford and Harrogate and the abuse directed at the players was horrific and I seriously thought of not attending another game

Then along came Shez 

I haven't the words to express how wonderful it felt coming Home and being part of 6000 Latics fans unconditionally supporting the very same players who the week before got slaughtered

From being 7pts adrift from safety and not looking remotely like a team fighting for our Football League status, we are now in with a serious chance of avoiding the drop

It isn't just Shez that has made the difference, I truly believe the mass ranks of our Athleticos and their insistence in supporting the team no matter what has spread to every other Latics supporter attending games

Hate the current regime, the hangers on and Brassbank for being instrumental in the continuing decline of our club but I am honestly glad I came back Home to help in the fight to stay up

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Exactly where I am. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

If the ‘lifestyle and legal’ theory you put forward is true, are you saying that, if fans do not buy season tickets, then MOBO simply would not have the money to pursue their ‘lifestyle and legal’ aims?

As for the reduction in playing budget, is that due to the fans not buying season tickets or some other reason?

In fact, where do the funds that make up the playing budget actually come from?

I’m confused 😐 

31 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If the ‘lifestyle and legal’ theory you put forward is true, are you saying that, if fans do not buy season tickets, then MOBO simply would not have the money to pursue their ‘lifestyle and legal’ aims?

As for the reduction in playing budget, is that due to the fans not buying season tickets or some other reason?

In fact, where do the funds that make up the playing budget actually come from?

I’m confused 😐 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2350343

Archived