Season Tickets on Sale

12 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

I bought a season ticket for myself and daughter in the first early bird pricing phase, I did so hoping that we would remain in the football league and the club would be sold but relegation and the radio silence up until this week (court case) on the sale of the club hasn't given me buyers remorse and I totally understand why those boycotting but my reason for purchasing is simply this.. 

I've been a regular pay on the day home and away 2/3 games a month punter from my teens up until the point when I could afford a season ticket then I became a regular season ticket holder until the point were my lad was playing on Saturdays and training on Tuesday for his team, I don't drive which makes fitting in his football and latics became challenging the timing of this was also the same time when my discontent for owner and his brother had peaked and I made the decision to stop attending Oldham games

Last season my sons games had moved to Sundays and training to Wednesday which was great for getting back to latics unfortunately I missed the early bird sales money was tight so I decided to start coming games again with my daughter when I could afford to whilst still feeling uneasy about putting money back in to the ownership I had grown to detest, having a few aways days with the lads and home games with my daughter who had missed the footy as much as I had I decided there and then that regardless of the league status, regardless of the ownership saga, regardless of the players/managers retained that I was going to get season tickets again to share these moments with my daughter again because nothing in life is promised and the time we have with our loved ones we should be cherish. I am donating on a monthly basis to the 1895 fund but I don't feel guilty about spending £246 for quality time with my daughter who loves the club as much as I do.

I think the majority of the fanbase make their own decisions and don't judge anyone else. Nobody should have to justify their attendance/non attendance, the owners don't give a toss about any of us. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I think the majority of the fanbase make their own decisions and don't judge anyone else. Nobody should have to justify their attendance/non attendance, the owners don't give a toss about any of us. 

True knowone should be judged and it means different things to different people. But it is worth pointing out here you can spend quality time with Family and friends outside of Boundary Park it's 2022 and their is so many choices of things to do to keep us occupied so if I don't like doing something I will just find something else to do.

Going to Boundary Park is something I currently don't enjoy so I'm staying away I haven't become estranged from my family and friends. I do ofcourse still care otherwise I wouldn't log on here and vent my frustrations. So I'm seeing this as a hiatus more than anything. I will be back in the future.

11 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

True knowone should be judged and it means different things to different people. But it is worth pointing out here you can spend quality time with Family and friends outside of Boundary Park it's 2022 and their is so many choices of things to do to keep us occupied so if I don't like doing something I will just find something else to do.

Going to Boundary Park is something I currently don't enjoy so I'm staying away I haven't become estranged from my family and friends. I do ofcourse still care otherwise I wouldn't log on here and vent my frustrations. So I'm seeing this as a hiatus more than anything. I will be back in the future.

I've resisted re-newing season tickets until today.

My brother has early-onset dementia and the only pleasure left for him are a few pints ( he doesn't know it's shandy ! ) 3 or 4 times a week, watching people win money on TV quiz shows and Oldham Athletic.

His condition is gradually taking over the person he used to be and, much as I despise the way our club is being run, I cannot take the selfish decision to deny him one of his few remaining pleasures, much less try to explain to him why we cannot attend Boundary Park.

So today with a heavy heart I'll re-new his season ticket, and consequently mine, to enable us to enjoy? our remaining time together.

It may be a straightforward choice for some supporters but it becomes a bit more complicated for others. 

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

My brother has early-onset dementia and the only pleasure left for him are a few pints ( he doesn't know it's shandy ! ) 3 or 4 times a week, watching people win money on TV quiz shows and Oldham Athletic.

His condition is gradually taking over the person he used to be and, much as I despise the way our club is being run, I cannot take the selfish decision to deny him one of his few remaining pleasures, much less try to explain to him why we cannot attend Boundary Park.

So today with a heavy heart I'll re-new his season ticket, and consequently mine, to enable us to enjoy? our remaining time together.

It may be a straightforward choice for some supporters but it becomes a bit more complicated for others. 

So sad to hear of your brother's condition and of the situation it places him and all of you in. 

I truly hope Latics win every game for you and him (all of us as well I suppose) in the time you have left together. 

I suspect in your position I would do exactly the same. 

My position is very different, if I had been considering getting a season ticket, I certainly wouldn't now as my son has received a banning order for having the temerity to be of about 300 who went on pitch against Salford to air their protests. In truth he has been banned for standing up to regime very much like the other 3 or 4 who have been banned post Salford and those 3 who were banned pre Christmas but bans subsequently withdrawn. 

10 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

So sad to hear of your brother's condition and of the situation it places him and all of you in. 

I truly hope Latics win every game for you and him (all of us as well I suppose) in the time you have left together. 

I suspect in your position I would do exactly the same. 

My position is very different, if I had been considering getting a season ticket, I certainly wouldn't now as my son has received a banning order for having the temerity to be of about 300 who went on pitch against Salford to air their protests. In truth he has been banned for standing up to regime very much like the other 3 or 4 who have been banned post Salford and those 3 who were banned pre Christmas but bans subsequently withdrawn. 

If there was a petition to get these bans overturned then I suspect that huge numbers would sign it methinks 🤔

29 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If there was a petition to get these bans overturned then I suspect that huge numbers would sign it methinks 🤔

Worked last time although I suppose this time there was actually evidence of wrongdoing - he and others banned did enter field of play during the 90 minutes against Salford. There was never intention to cause any damage to individuals or property, merely to ensure that the voice of the fans be heard and not be ignored (as will now be the case with the regulators). 

It is no coincidence though that my son, the "leader" of the Athleticos and another lad who had a loudspeaker at a protest have been targeted by the regime and banned "with no right of appeal".  Many others were on that pitch and it was not an orchestrated protest, others encroached first from a different section of the ground. 

This regime operate the way dictatorships do and try and crush any rebellion or silence anyone who seeks fit to challenge what is going on. 

I have no desire to watch my team play in a soulless stadium with minimal facilities for spectators operated by a regime that is answerable only to itself and runs like North Korea. I wish Shez, the team and any fellow Latics fans who are still going to attend home matches well and I truly hope they have the tools to reverse our club's slide towards oblivion.

I look forward to the day I rejoin them once this ownership has finally departed and we can pick up the pieces of what is left of a once-vibrant club with a proud history and solid reputation within the footballing and local community.        

15 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

This regime operate the way dictatorships do and try and crush any rebellion or silence anyone who seeks fit to challenge what is going on. 

We have hope, Rebellions are built on hope.

Sorry the star wars geek in me couldn't resist. Its awful how the regime has treated OA95 considering that they are quite happy to use videos and images of them to try and pedal interest in tickets sales. 

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Sorry to hear of your brothers condition My grandad suffered something similarly in his final years dementia is a cruel disease.

Hope I wasn't sounding too judgemental I'm not going to resort to calling people "Scabs" like another poster has done. The choice was simpler for someone like myself but its still a hard choice and as I said it will mean different things to different people.

I'm looking forward to the day we can all get back inside Boundary Park and rebuild when this regime is hopefully a distant memory.

6 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The very best to you both.

As others have said what is an easy decision for some isn't for others.

I enjoy seeing my grandad at the games but he sits with his mates further along the main stand than I do and I'd decided I was sick of my knees chafing the directors box so if I was going to renew it was going to be the North Stand and then they shut it making my mind up.

I'll spend Saturdays on the moors with my dog and Bob to the grandparents on a Sunday- even if it does mean playing scrabble with my gran 

One day I'll be back at BP I hope 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Bradford have announced they have already sold over 14,000 season tickets....pretty impressive.

And to think they were in danger of getting dragged into the relegation scrap around March time.

Hard work these days reading good stuff from other clubs 

Due to the expected reduction in attendance and ongoing ‘safety issues’ the club have decided to close the best and most modern facility in the stadium.

We appear to be the only club in the National League to be closing a stand next season.

Why can’t this football club engage with its fanbase?

Why can’t the board of OAFC talk with the fan groups?

How on earth do they expect to sell season tickets and club merchandise when they show so much disregard for the supporters?

We have the most hated figure at the club now supposedly running the show.

We have a totally clueless sporting director who in 4 years has overseen 2 relegations and our exit from the football league yet unbelievably is still at the club!

At this point in time the club is almost certainly worthless.

Getting them both out, appointing a couple of ‘proper‘ football people in their place, and investing some money in the playing squad, even at this late stage, IMO, would appease a fair proportion of the fanbase. It would also have a positive effect on the fortunes of this football club and the credibility of its owner!

Anything and everything they do just pisses the fanbase off more and more….anybody would think supporters were their competitors not their customers.

If things stay as they are, what is the actual point of them continuing their ownership of this football club?

36 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If things stay as they are, what is the actual point of them continuing their ownership of this football club?

in their heads they win this case in the next few weeks. they get given the stand plus all its fittings plus compensation. all the rebels move out of the stand, but leave everything in place. the head rebel meets bazza in the car park, gives him the keys, says sorry, licks his boots.

the sun comes out and a Birkett n his boys build a brilliant stage in no time. theres no comedy similar looking brother involved. no comedy music. no to me to you. its jus smooth AF

fans begin drifting towards BP 'summats appnin' 

AL appears he is delighted and confirms The Stench as chairman.

Matt Dean appears, says sorry, gives bazza £100K, dissolves OASF, licks his boots.

by now there 20 000 int car park.

bazza gives a very long, very interesting, completely pertinent speech. ZERO SALIVA flies from his gob during said amazing speech.

pie and peas appears

blitz appears. shakes bazza's hand

says the best man won. gifts back the land and stadium. licks bazzas boots.

* WILD CHEERING*
Mo appears.

the sun comes out.

its fuckin boiling.

Mo starts gifting out free blue n white woolly hats to the crowd

the crowd chant MO HAAAA MED repeatedly

and it goes on like that forever.

meanwhile in the real world, the club burns.

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

in their heads they win this case in the next few weeks. they get given the stand plus all its fittings plus compensation. all the rebels move out of the stand, but leave everything in place. the head rebel meets bazza in the car park, gives him the keys, says sorry, licks his boots.

the sun comes out and a Birkett n his boys build a brilliant stage in no time. theres no comedy similar looking brother involved. no comedy music. no to me to you. its jus smooth AF

Matt Dean appears, says sorry, gives bazza £100K, dissolves OASF, licks his boots.

bazza gives a very long, very interesting, completely pertinent speech. ZERO SALIVA flies from his gob during said amazing speech.

pie and peas appears

* WILD CHEERING*
Mo appears.

the sun comes out.

its fuckin boiling.

Much better.

30 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

pie and peas appears

* WILD CHEERING*
Mo appears.

the sun comes out.

its fuckin boiling.

Genius 👏

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

pie and peas appears

* WILD CHEERING*
Mo appears.

the sun comes out.

its fuckin boiling.

My friend you have got an extremely vivid imagination!!😂

I don’t understand all of what you write and maybe you don’t either but I find it very entertaining…seriously, have you ever thought of writing a book?

40 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

My friend you have got an extremely vivid imagination!!😂

I don’t understand all of what you write and maybe you don’t either but I find it very entertaining…seriously, have you ever thought of writing a book?

😂

thats serious what they think.

and yes l started one at 11 supported by a teacher and one at 20 but l get bored too easily!!

heaven help BPAS if/when they get me on there!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't want to quote the whole post @oafc1955but we aren't the only NL club to close one of their stands...

Don’t think any of the bigger clubs have done, I checked Chesterfield, Wrexham, Notts Co, Grimsby.

Who else has closed a stand?

Archived