Apportioning Blame

Blitz, Gazal, Corney, Lemsagam(s), the council, Mutdoch, Owen, EPL, EFL.... 

All completely pointless now. 

We are where we are and if the fan base cannot rally in some coherent form then the game may very well be up. 

If you care about this club having a future now is the time to forget about personal jealousies, vendettas and past disagreements and actually do something rather than bicker about it. 

45 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We are where we are and if the fan base cannot rally in some coherent form then the game may very well be up. 

If you care about this club having a future now is the time to forget about personal jealousies, vendettas and past disagreements and actually do something rather than bicker about it. 

I share your sentiment and sense of extreme urgency Dave.

The historical records are important though, ours is stained by the actions and failings of many.

'Do something' is always the right behaviour, debate over who is most to blame is secondary.

Rallying behind a figurehead or focused action group is the smart approach.

OASF is the legitimate and appropriate vehicle in my opinion, I question why a significant number of supporters do not concur.

If the silent majority who care but aren't engaged / don't trust? OASF can be enlisted, surely the movement will be galvanised.

I recognise OASF are open, democratic and now have made considered arrangements to organise the forum 12th May.

Donating £5 or at least trying to connect with the event over the live stream must be worthwhile / justifiable to any supporter?

Two home games remain, also an opportunity to canvas views, share information etc in the hope of connecting with genuine supporters who should be part of what comes next.

Richard H

35 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

The historical records are important though, ours is stained by the actions and failings of many.

'Do something' is always the right behaviour, debate over who is most to blame is secondary.

Rallying behind a figurehead or focused action group is the smart approach.

OASF is the legitimate and appropriate vehicle in my opinion, I question why a significant number of supporters do not concur.

If the silent majority who care but aren't engaged / don't trust? OASF can be enlisted, surely the movement will be galvanised.

I recognise OASF are open, democratic and now have made considered arrangements to organise the forum 12th May.

Donating £5 or at least trying to connect with the event over the live stream must be worthwhile / justifiable to any supporter?

Two home games remain, also an opportunity to canvas views, share information etc in the hope of connecting with genuine supporters who should be part of what comes next.

Richard H

Never forget history - it is there to be learned from.  But never let it obscure the future.  F**k me, that sounds profound...

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Well said Dave. Wherever people want to apportion blame (and I've been guilty of this myself this weekend after relegation now appears certain) the main focus should be on removing all those individuals you've named who have been and continue to be involved in our demise.  We won't all agree on the priorities or the methods, but if as a fanbase we're moving towards ridding OAFC of all of them then that has to be a positive we can all get behind.

The one thing I resent most was AL not paying off the embargo leaving managers with an impossible task. 

He has never been forthcoming why he didn't do this,  instead becoming more remote from the fans giving the impression he couldn't  care less.

Add in the incompetence of his brothers recruitment policy this is why we are where we are and the North stand is a side issue.

Fans want success on the pitch even if it means a 3 sided ground.

Hopefully AL and his brother will be gone soon and new owners can run a football club as it should be.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

The one thing I resent most was AL not paying off the embargo leaving managers with an impossible task. 

He has never been forthcoming why he didn't do this,  instead becoming more remote from the fans giving the impression he couldn't  care less.

Add in the incompetence of his brothers recruitment policy this is why we are where we are and the North stand is a side issue.

Hopefully AL and his brother will be gone soon and new owners can run a football club as it should be.

Just one thing??

You missed out mentioning Sports Park 2000, if Labour had been in power with John Batty rather than the brief Liberal reign none of these stadium debacles would have happened.

Politics can have a big effect on the game.

31 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You missed out mentioning Sports Park 2000, if Labour had been in power with John Batty rather than the brief Liberal reign none of these stadium debacles would have happened.

No I didn't - the whole point of the post was that it is pointless looking backwards

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

not sure you’ve grasped the point of this thread. 

5 hours ago, Mayfield said:

Way too late in my opinion. There should have been a "sense of extreme urgency" the moment this regime got us relegated to the bottom tier in its very first season in charge.

This season is now almost over; odds on we are dropping out of the EFL and there is now no real opportunity to build momentum regarding sustained pressure and protests again. We are doomed and they have effectively got off the hook.

I`ve said it before - we are just way too "nice" as a set of fans. We've allowed someone to come in and effectively kill us off without so much as a whimper really.

27 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Way too late in my opinion. There should have been a "sense of extreme urgency" the moment this regime got us relegated to the bottom tier in its very first season in charge.

This season is now almost over; odds on we are dropping out of the EFL and there is now no real opportunity to build momentum regarding sustained pressure and protests again. We are doomed and they have effectively got off the hook.

I`ve said it before - we are just way too "nice" as a set of fans. We've allowed someone to come in and effectively kill us off without so much as a whimper really.

It's later than ideal but it might not be too late.  If you think it really is too late then it probably is time to give up.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

It's later than ideal but it might not be too late.  If you think it really is too late then it probably is time to give up.

The meeting on May 12th will be probably be the focus for all the grief, anger and frustration people feel.

In the circumstances, that is probably unavoidable.

After that, I would completely agree that we have to move forward as one body. If not then the assorted charlatans will just keep doing as they please.

Difficult territory this. When you care as much as you do about something, it is hard not to point fingers when things go badly wrong.

When we were struggling a guest speaker from Coventry came to address one of our meetings, and he said that reconciliation was the most difficult challenge that they had faced, and even five years on from a very bad period in their history he didn't think they had fully managed it. I think we managed better than I expected, but we were helped by getting promoted straight back Into L1 (despite everything) ; that took the edge off things a bit.

No advice from me, it is your club and your emotions. The rational thing to do is to try to focus on the long term, but this is football, and there's nothing very rational about how we all feel about it.

20 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I have given up because I realise we no longer have the "same type of fan" we had when we were in the shite under Moore. Tried hard to get some meaningful plan of action together in the past (but none of that matters now) via fans and meetings with Trust members (twice), arranged a fans' meeting with Corney and other directors etc. The main trouble was that whenever Latics notched a couple of wins - most seemed happy again and the "desire for change" went away. Quite staggered how superficial we are as fans. We have never got to the underlying problem but tinkered around with oodles of irrelevant nonsense; mainly to feed people's egos I`m afraid. Me done on here now for a while - "my" Latics simply doesn't exist anymore as I knew it.

On 4/20/2022 at 7:58 PM, wiseowl said:

The main trouble was that whenever Latics notched a couple of wins - most seemed happy again and the "desire for change" went away. Quite staggered how superficial we are as fans. We have never got to the underlying problem but tinkered around with oodles of irrelevant nonsense; mainly to feed people's egos 

I accept that this is your opinion but I am ‘quite staggered’ at how you generalise and trivialise how others perceive our current and continuing dilemma. To describe fans as ‘superficial’ and to state that ‘most seem happy again’ after a couple of wins is way off the mark.

So have I read this correctly and It’s the fans’ fault?

On 4/19/2022 at 7:13 AM, Dave_Og said:

This is true. However, with people like BO lurking, bickering for want of a better word seems almost inevitable, as its imperative never to stand silently around a bully.

He always has an agenda and always strikes me as a flustered batsman and his wicket is the current lie he is batting for. Usually he is out for around 25 bc he's a thick as fuck, lying twat. Current kryptonite seems to be questions around any payments he recieved from an 'Amigo' to ensure 'Marco' got his creepy grin in charge.

On a personal level l refuse to rule out a CT involving collusion, current bigwigs, former bigwigs, fat lying cunts, money, dead Football Clubs and housing estates.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:58 AM, wiseowl said:

I have given up because I realise we no longer have the "same type of fan" we had when we were in the shite under Moore. Tried hard to get some meaningful plan of action together in the past (but none of that matters now) via fans and meetings with Trust members (twice), arranged a fans' meeting with Corney and other directors etc. The main trouble was that whenever Latics notched a couple of wins - most seemed happy again and the "desire for change" went away. Quite staggered how superficial we are as fans. We have never got to the underlying problem but tinkered around with oodles of irrelevant nonsense; mainly to feed people's egos I`m afraid. Me done on here now for a while - "my" Latics simply doesn't exist anymore as I knew it.

All hail.

nah bein serious tho- Fuckoff you tried for about 24 seconds and at the first hurdle you bent over for Simon's Silver Tongue.

Don't come here lecturing us like youve been fighting the good fight on our behalf whilst we were too blind to see.

Youre the online, abridged version of BO just trying to look good. The only difference is l don't think you would torch the club just bc you couldnt have it. its not much but at least youve got that.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:58 AM, wiseowl said:

What an extraordinarily superficial, egotistic post. What exactly is the "same type of fan"? Are we not supposed to be happy when Latics win a game then? Presumably you were in sackcloth and ashes when we knocked Liverpool and Fulham out of the cup. I realise now that after beating Fulham instead of celebrating at the pub I should have been running on to the pitch and telling Blitz and Coco to sell the club, what a fool I was. To say the "desire for change" went away is 21 carat BS.

Chuck your toys out of the pram and give up on "your" Latics by all means. If it means we don't have to read any more posts like that one, then it's good news.

Archived