Dear John...

Dear John

I'd like to thank you for giving such a magnificent attempt to save the club against all the odds. Your legendary status is even greater than ever.  That initial run showed the pride and passion that remains amongst the supporters. You were part of the staff that saved us when Moore ruined the club, eventually taking over from Ian Dowie. You saved us twice, against all the odds, when Corney took us to the brink. Now, you have come close, but you weren't able to make the necessary signings that would've secured our position. It's not your fault that the owner and his brother have been so truly dreadful and disasterous in every way. 

You looked a little crest fallen at yesterday's interview, and that's totally understandable. But, it's time to give it one last push. Time to get your chin up. It'll take a great escape, but there is still a tiny chance, so let's give it one last go. We've done it before. Possibly one of the greatest escapes in top flight football came when we had to beat Villa (still in the title race at the time - we beat them and, therefore, won the title for United...), followed by Liverpool and Southampton. Eight points adrift. Nine points in a week. Incredible. 

I don't know why the players looked so low and flat on Friday and in the first half yesterday. It doesn't matter. We need to get them to commit everything for the next game. As big Joe used to say, the fat lady hasn't started singing. She might be warming up, but we're not quite there yet. The players need to stop burying their chins in their chest. Heads were down, even during the Northampton game. Everyone, get your heads up. the other two teams will not win four games. It's worth one final full blooded push.

Here's to you Johnny Sheridan.

3 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Dear John

I'd like to thank you for giving such a magnificent attempt to save the club against all the odds. Your legendary status is even greater than ever.  That initial run showed the pride and passion that remains amongst the supporters. You were part of the staff that saved us when Moore ruined the club, eventually taking over from Ian Dowie. You saved us twice, against all the odds, when Corney took us to the brink. Now, you have come close, but you weren't able to make the necessary signings that would've secured our position. It's not your fault that the owner and his brother have been so truly dreadful and disasterous in every way. 

You looked a little crest fallen at yesterday's interview, and that's totally understandable. But, it's time to give it one last push. Time to get your chin up. It'll take a great escape, but there is still a tiny chance, so let's give it one last go. We've done it before. Possibly one of the greatest escapes in top flight football came when we had to beat Villa (still in the title race at the time - we beat them and, therefore, won the title for United...), followed by Liverpool and Southampton. Eight points adrift. Nine points in a week. Incredible. 

I don't know why the players looked so low and flat on Friday and in the first half yesterday. It doesn't matter. We need to get them to commit everything for the next game. As big Joe used to say, the fat lady hasn't started singing. She might be warming up, but we're not quite there yet. The players need to stop burying their chins in their chest. Heads were down, even during the Northampton game. Everyone, get your heads up. the other two teams will not win four games. It's worth one final full blooded push.

Good post and very sad also but I agree he has made a difference, especially when he first came back.

He lifted the team and the fans.

Sadly the quality, fight, brains and love for the club isn't in the players.

They don't care like he does and he cant make them care.

51 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Dear John

Amen. 🙏🏻

11 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It was Nick Henry.

Was in the away end that day, yes Nick Henry scored, always remember a Man U fan being slung out of our away end

before kick off for mouthing off. ( fucking idiot ).

What a week that was !!

7 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Think this one escaped the iron!! Love it though.

Absolutely. Found it at the weekend in a box of old clothes put to one side for painting/ using in the garden.

Had no idea I still had it. Must have been there for 15 years or more.

Reminded me of needing nine points and other results to go our way with three games to go.

Thought it would bring back some happy thoughts - if only it would inspire this year's team to similar heroics.

8 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

Absolutely. Found it at the weekend in a box of old clothes put to one side for painting/ using in the garden.

Had no idea I still had it. Must have been there for 15 years or more.

Reminded me of needing nine points and other results to go our way with three games to go.

Thought it would bring back some happy thoughts - if only it would inspire this year's team to similar heroics.

Should show the players, what can be achieved and the size of the club they are playing for !

Archived