Today's Shitstorm.

7 hours ago, Clifford said:

For a week of last season i scabbed in. I'll sleep well knowing I've taken action against the owners above some of the gobshites on here like yourself.

Don't forget the JPT game you were at early in the season, Scabby...

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Clifford said:

"If people want to fund the people killing the club you love it's up to them"

Have a day off. Go for a fast run and evaluate if you've got the morals to stop attending for the greater good.

I've seen the club in the doldrums many times, you need to understand it's watching the team we love no matter what league they are in - not about who who runs the club.

You show a lot of disrespect for people who won't follow your agenda, particularly the elderly.  

You stay away if you like, but you need to accept I and many won't no matter what you say.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I've seen the club in the doldrums many times, you need to understand it's watching the team we love no matter what league they are in - not about who who runs the club.

You show a lot of disrespect for people who won't follow your agenda, particularly the elderly.  

You stay away if you like, but you need to accept I and many won't no matter what you say.

This is the trouble with the people that reckon they represent all the fans 🙄

They don’t and because of that we are in the wrong for still wanting to watch the team. 
I want a total clearout at Latics and that includes everyone involved at the moment that means Al/Mo on one side and all the fans groups who are in it together for themselves on the other. I wish one day someone with no contacts at to the club will come in and save our club 🤞🤞🤞

48 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You're talking like no one wants to watch the team we love. The issue is the club won't be here for long without action. It won't affect you much at your age but younger generations may lose their chance to see latics play.

47 minutes ago, philwhite said:

This is the trouble with the people that reckon they represent all the fans 🙄

They don’t and because of that we are in the wrong for still wanting to watch the team. 
I want a total clearout at Latics and that includes everyone involved at the moment that means Al/Mo on one side and all the fans groups who are in it together for themselves on the other. I wish one day someone with no contacts at to the club will come in and save our club 🤞🤞🤞

PTB in it for themselves? Interested to hear your logic on that one. These guys are Latics fans giving up a huge amount of their own time to try and improve the club’s situation.

10 minutes ago, Clifford said:

You're talking like no one wants to watch the team we love. The issue is the club won't be here for long without action. It won't affect you much at your age but younger generations may lose their chance to see latics play.

You have already stated you don't want to watch the club you are supposed to  love.

Age has nothing to do with it, young and old will come  back to watch the team if Shez is succesful whether AL is here or not.

If Shez isn't successful some will fall away anyway because fans in the main want good results. It's the same the world over.

If you think you can persuade fans to not follow a winning team just  because of AL you won't have much success no matter how many times you post on here. And also  I suspect you will be back yourself as you have done on occasions before.

39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You have already stated you don't want to watch the club you are supposed to  love.

Age has nothing to do with it, young and old will come  back to watch the team if Shez is succesful whether AL is here or not.

If Shez isn't successful some will fall away anyway because fans in the main want good results. It's the same the world over.

If you think you can persuade fans to not follow a winning team just  because of AL you won't have much success no matter how many times you post on here. And also  I suspect you will be back yourself as you have done on occasions before.

I want us to win every match home and away. We won’t because we will be rubbish as always and everyone is gonna want to beat us. I’ll be doing aways only (if I can get a ticket in these poxy stadiums). I will not be funding these clowns anymore tho. There will be plenty like Clifford who will return tho if results go our way (they won’t) 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

You are confusing people being prepared to make the sacrifice of not seeing the team they love play at Boundary Park with not wanting to. Some of us are prepared to make that sacrifice to try and save the club in the long term. I can only speak for myself, but I won't be back until the owner, his incompetent brother and the loathsome Owen are gone no matter what short term success Shez might have. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I want us to win every match home and away. We won’t because we will be rubbish as always and everyone is gonna want to beat us. I’ll be doing aways only (if I can get a ticket in these poxy stadiums). I will not be funding these clowns anymore tho. There will be plenty like Clifford who will return tho if results go our way (they won’t) 

Fair enough, but we can't predict yet how the season will turn out as we haven't seen all Shez's signings, but from what I can see he's gearing to go back up straight away.

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You are confusing people being prepared to make the sacrifice of not seeing the team they love play at Boundary Park with not wanting to. Some of us are prepared to make that sacrifice to try and save the club in the long term. I can only speak for myself, but I won't be back until the owner, his incompetent brother and the loathsome Owen are gone no matter what short term success Shez might have. 

Which is fair enough but by starving the club of money fans may well accelerate the clubs demise, it's a shit situation and one with very few winners, there are no guarantees that the action the protest groups is taking will work and as I've said before somebody somewhere is going to have to speak to Abdallah at some stage.

14 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Which is fair enough but by starving the club of money fans may well accelerate the clubs demise, it's a shit situation and one with very few winners, there are no guarantees that the action the protest groups is taking will work and as I've said before somebody somewhere is going to have to speak to Abdallah at some stage.

I largely agree with your stance and take on this but you keep saying the bit in bold like no one is willing to do this.

He has been approached for talks not just from PTB, OASF and the BPAS but also, if reports in the press are to believed,  potential buyers/investors (crackpot bitcoin man & Barry Chaytow)

You can only speak to someone if they're willing to speak to you, I'm sure you've experienced similar when the Mrs/Mr has been pissed off with you.

The only willingness from Abdallah to talk this year, is club statements, Barry's horseshit and a rant on Talk Sport about people 

"Putting our heads on things"

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

as I've said before somebody somewhere is going to have to speak to Abdallah at some stage.

He’s not interested in speaking to anyone though is he?

I have my doubts about him selling the club at all……

He intimated that the club is speaking  to credible bidders who have provided proof of funding and have signed an NDA.

I call bullshit!!!

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I can assure you that won't be the case. The results are the reason to protest. Bunn had us up there at one point. I don't recall people coming back.

If people think this protest is results based they're sadly wrong. The results on the pitch are one of the outcomes of the current ownership, which is what thousands take issue with. Treatment of staff, creditors, fans etc are all also outcomes of the ownership.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Fair enough, but we can't predict yet how the season will turn out as we haven't seen all Shez's signings, but from what I can see he's gearing to go back up straight away.

Really ? What are you seeing im

not ? I like the two signings so far.. but the rest of the squad is dross. As could be seen last season. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

The consequences of boycotting are something we can only make our own best guess on and act accordingly. I was just pointing out that it's not about not wanting to attend. 

40 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

The consequences of boycotting are something we can only make our own best guess on and act accordingly. I was just pointing out that it's not about not wanting to attend. 

Fair comment, Abdallah in my view wants to sell in fact two potential buyers are in the wings the complication seems to be the North Stand and I suspect any buyer needs that clearing up, for whatever reason Abdallah is waiting for that to run its course but there is no denying that things have changed at the club and Shez is now calling the shots, no Abdallah no interference from Mohamed with the only real negative being shitpeas involvement which is strange to say the least.

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Easy to not want to attend with zero success

7 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Easy to not want to attend with zero success

I've attended all my life up to feeling the need to boycott. I've made the decision for next season before we've kicked a ball so I'm not sure how the level of success comes into it. 

17 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I've attended all my life up to feeling the need to boycott. I've made the decision for next season before we've kicked a ball so I'm not sure how the level of success comes into it. 

The test of resolve will be determined by results, there's no doubt that folk will start sneaking back if Sheri or whoever can get it going.

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between a boycott and just not going...?

I imagine the reasons,

Previously I've "not gone" because of work, some other engagement or just not fancied watching another 90 minutes of crap rather than any real opinion on the ownership. 

My dad "hasn't gone" regularly since 2007 and not at all since Sheff Utd away on Boxing Day (2016)?

Both isolated decisions and in my case intermittent absences.

I haven't renewed my Season Ticket, the nail in the coffin being the closure of the North Stand and now the emergence of The Slug.

The boycotters seem to be a more mass effort reasonig it will hit AL pocket and the results will be seen in the stands as opposed to how it isn't when it's just me not being there 

Archived