Today's Shitstorm.

12 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I'm sick to the fucking back teeth of it all

This isn't a football club, it's a bad soap opera with shit racist misogynistic supporting acts in Birkett and Halliwell

The whole thing is beyond broken.

We've also got two different factions (who over estimate the price, but under estimate the value of everything..) in charge of the club's destiny who want an obscene amount cash for an insolvent club.

Even if we go pop - we've got (at least 2 and counting..) separate groups within the dwindling support base who want different things, who have no chance of coming together to start again.  Struggling to see a way back.

Crisis has brought out the best in some, but has also shown just how many absolute weapons we've got associated with the club.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm sceptical @BPAS?

image.png.70899944c2f509d6200a4e4a4db29780.png

Yep, utter bullshit. They've flatly refused to come on BPAS when we've invited him & his cronies via Facebook, where they congregate.

No matter how many times he/they ask Matt via comments in their closed Facebook group (never directly) Matt will not appear on and therefore endorse any media output they may/may not publish. We would encourage anybody credible to refuse to appear, given the abhorrent views spouted by this individual.

We would like to/intend to arrange a public meeting between representatives of all fan groups to engage in a live, public & open debate, where they can participate if they wish.

3 minutes ago, BPAS said:

Yep, utter bullshit. They've flatly refused to come on BPAS when we've invited him & his cronies via Facebook, where they congregate.

No matter how many times he/they ask Matt via comments in their closed Facebook group (never directly) Matt will not appear on and therefore endorse any media output they may/may not publish. We would encourage anybody credible to refuse to appear, given the abhorrent views spouted by this individual.

We would like to/intend to arrange a public meeting between representatives of all fan groups to engage in a live, public & open debate, where they can participate if they wish.

How many are there...??

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Birkett, Partington and Boden have spoken!!

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

:petesake:

I think the final sentence in the Oldham Times report says it all for me:

“Despite being excessively critical of our work, this small group [i.e. Realistic] has done nothing to take the debate forward, to offer suggestions or alternatives on how to ensure the best for the football club.”

Exactly what have Birkett & co. done to try to rescue the club? Nothing that I have seen/heard. For them to crawl out of the woodwork and attack PTB & co. like this is repugnant, but also hopefully a sign of their desperation that their influence over events may be slipping away.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Exactly what have Birkett & co. done to try to rescue the club? Nothing that I have seen/heard. For them to crawl out of the woodwork and attack PTB & co. like this is repugnant, but also hopefully a sign of their desperation that their influence over events may be slipping away.

No it’s just a sign that they are wankers

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Birkett, Partington and Boden have spoken!!

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk

:petesake:

I loved that paragraph that starts off by praying Tracey Crouch in aid, and ends by implying that the club is a toy that the owner can dispose of as and when he likes. I get a feeling that they haven't the remotest idea what Crouch is all about. They will be a bit fed up when they learn that an unelected group with a lack of transparency about its membership is going to play a poor second fiddle to the Foundation in the future.

I am really pleased about the intention to look at the community share option seriously. We did look at it in 2018, and did a lot of due diligence on it, before external events moved us in a different direction. But this type of vehicle was very successful for Pompey fans when they did it and having a very high profile politician lending his name and support is quite a coup for OASF and PTB.  This sort of endorsement does not happen without a lot of hard work and some very effective lobbying, so I take my hat off to those who made this happen.

11 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I loved that paragraph that starts off by praying Tracey Crouch in aid, and ends by implying that the club is a toy that the owner can dispose of as and when he likes. I get a feeling that they haven't the remotest idea what Crouch is all about. They will be a bit fed up when they learn that an unelected group with a lack of transparency about its membership is going to play a poor second fiddle to the Foundation in the future.

I am really pleased about the intention to look at the community share option seriously. We did look at it in 2018, and did a lot of due diligence on it, before external events moved us in a different direction. But this type of vehicle was very successful for Pompey fans when they did it and having a very high profile politician lending his name and support is quite a coup for OASF and PTB.  This sort of endorsement does not happen without a lot of hard work and some very effective lobbying, so I take my hat off to those who made this happen.

The problem is the owner does treat the club as a toy and can effectively do as he pleases, I think the point they try to make is that he can sell the club to who he sees fit which for me means anybody associated with PLB/FLG will just be dismissed out of hand in much the same way that Simon Brooke went on record as saying Simon Blitz wouldn't deal with Abdallah, these realistics are a different breed though and their support for shitpeas is actually nauseating, what a mess.

16 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Just record it on this end as well...

it's not the only issue tho is it?

say you are a decent bloke who successfully and reluctantly runs a decent podcast and repeatedly ask somebody onto it who refuses.

that bloke btw runs a shiteee dark mirror version podcast that nobody listens to, whilst trying to pretend he isnt a darft racist and invites you on there to get some clicks and reflected legitimacy??

fuck. that.

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

it's not the only issue tho is it?

say you are a decent bloke who successfully and reluctantly runs a decent podcast and repeatedly ask somebody onto it who refuses.

that bloke btw runs a shiteee dark mirror version podcast that nobody listens to, whilst trying to pretend he isnt a darft racist and invites you on there to get some clicks and reflected legitimacy??

fuck. that.

You get the pleasure of making him look an even bigger mong than he is

I am confused and it does not take much granted

OASF at the fans forum said they were looking at converting to a CBS to tap into grants/launch a share offer to buy the asset/stadium?

This article is about buying the club.

"OASF already has a three per cent shareholding in Latics and a place on the club’s board, but these latest plans centre around a community share offer, which would allow supporter groups and individuals the opportunity to buy a stake in Oldham Athletic Football Club, in response to a dramatic decline in the four years since Abdallah Lemsagam’s takeover."

Two seperate business potentially up for sale.

Last time I worked with the FSA on an CBS model, it was mentioned to think about phased targets on a share offer

• Phase 1  raise X - Securing a stadium site for professional sports/arena event. This could be BP or alternate site in the borough
  • Phase 2  raise another X - Community hub build. To include onsite training facilities, home for OACT and home as a hub as part of the Oldham cares initiative to address the health in-equalities in the town
  • Phase 3  raise another X - The club, whether to be ready to step in, to have a bigger stake

Each of the above can be changed to suit the priorites.....however that is like shifting sand in our dysfunctional set up, one day club, one stadium....aaggh

Its going to take some serious number crunching. Gathering of intel from various parties too. Club, FLG

5 minutes ago, underdog said:

I am confused and it does not take much granted

OASF at the fans forum said they were looking at converting to a CBS to tap into grants/launch a share offer to buy the asset/stadium?

This article is about buying the club.

Two seperate business potentially up for sale.

Last time I worked with the FSA on an CBS model, it was mentioned to think about phased targets on a share offer

• Phase 1  raise X - Securing a stadium site for professional sports/arena event. This could be BP or alternate site in the borough
  • Phase 2  raise another X - Community hub build. To include onsite training facilities, home for OACT and home as a hub as part of the Oldham cares initiative to address the health in-equalities in the town
  • Phase 3  raise another X - The club, whether to be ready to step in, to have a bigger stake

Each of the above can be changed to suit the priorites.....however that is like shifting sand in our dysfunctional set up, one day club, one stadium....aaggh

Its going to take some serious number crunching. Gathering of intel from various parties too. Club, FLG

Seems everyone is holding back due to the pending court case.

By the time that comes around we could have sunk lower and lost all interest in whatever grand plans are suggested.

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Seems everyone is holding back due to the pending court case.

By the time that comes around we could have sunk lower and lost all interest in whatever grand plans are suggested.

true....or an opportunity to be ready when it does get settled. give or take 18months if not settled out of court

Archived