Today's Shitstorm.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Have you no faith in Shez?

i find that a bizarre question to be honest.  We are a toxic club; it's no secret.  I'd say the chances of us building a squad to compete with the likes of Wrexham are absolutely nil.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

All very valid points, although I don't think Mr Benachour (who should never work in football again after the Harrogate debacle) ever had a losing streak like the one Sheridan had and, as previously alluded to, also brought us the famous 5-5 win against Forest Green.

He has kept far too many players from last season's squad for my liking and I'm utterly bemused by his contract offers to Stobbs and Adams...

He did the same last time he was in charge kept players like Dan G. I think his hands were tied a bit this season no way he wanted the keeper! 

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

i find that a bizarre question to be honest.  We are a toxic club; it's no secret.  I'd say the chances of us building a squad to compete with the likes of Wrexham are absolutely nil.

Wrexham will have the money, other than that if teams like Halifax and Solihull can compete on gates of 2000 then I'm confident we can.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wrexham will have the money, other than that if teams like Halifax and Solihull can compete on gates of 2000 then I'm confident we can.

I'd assume that Halifax and Solihull are well managed with good spirit, united fans and a positive atmosphere.  Why do you think we can compete with them.  I can't get my head round why anyone who knows full well what an utter shitshow we have been for years thinks it will just turn round when there is no indication that it will be anything other than an ongoing shitshow.

39 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd assume that Halifax and Solihull are well managed with good spirit, united fans and a positive atmosphere. 

If everyone who says they are going to boycott does so, then we should be left with circa 2,000 fans united in support of the team and therefore a very positive atmosphere!

Just saying like…😉

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If everyone who says they are going to boycott does so, then we should be left with circa 2,000 fans united in support of the team and therefore a very positive atmosphere!

Just saying like…😉

I'm not sure that 2.000 scattered around three stands can make any atmosphere

30 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Just saying like…😉

That's a warped part of me that wants to go just to see what it's like...

A shitstorm for me today is that they haven't acknowledged fans who are fathers today.

Some of us have taken our kids to games all season and endured taunts from the likes of Scabby Andy. A bit of acknowledgement from the club wouldn't have gone amiss and is part of the reason I won't be bothering with a season ticket next season. Dickheads... 

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

That's a warped part of me that wants to go just to see what it's like...

You know them pre season friendlies you love so much, well I reckon the atmosphere will be on a par with that. Shite.

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A shitstorm for me today is that they haven't acknowledged fans who are fathers today.

Some of us have taken our kids to games all season and endured taunts from the likes of Scabby Andy. A bit of acknowledgement from the club wouldn't have gone amiss and is part of the reason I won't be bothering with a season ticket next season. Dickheads... 

🧐 

I also noticed that the club failed to acknowledge ‘National Milk Day’ on June 1st  - an insult to all our loyal fans who use the stuff in hot drinks and on breakfast cereals…

Will it ever stop?

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

🧐 

I also noticed that the club failed to acknowledge ‘National Milk Day’ on June 1st  - an insult to all our loyal fans who use the stuff in hot drinks and on breakfast cereals…

Will it ever stop?

Probably solidarity with vegans...

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Wrexham didn't make it last time, no guarantees they will this time.

Many are judging the NL by Div 2 standards, but many in that league have less chance than us.

25 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Wrexham didn't make it last time, no guarantees they will this time.

Many are judging the NL by Div 2 standards, but many in that league have less chance than us.

As far as anything in football can be guaranteed I think there's a fair chance that Wrexham will be competing at the top end of the table.  It seems pretty evident from the performances of recently promoted clubs thT the top end of NL is at least as good as the middle of L2 - and we were nowhere near the middle of L2 last season.

39 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

As far as anything in football can be guaranteed I think there's a fair chance that Wrexham will be competing at the top end of the table.  It seems pretty evident from the performances of recently promoted clubs thT the top end of NL is at least as good as the middle of L2 - and we were nowhere near the middle of L2 last season.

This.

As long as there are four teams worse than us “we’ll be reet”…

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Sorry but that isn't true, obviously the teams who come out of the NL are normally competitive in League 2 the following season because to win the NL takes some doing with one automatic out of 24 teams but a mid table team like Yeovil who finished with 59 would be getting battered in League 2, there are half dozen NL teams who could compete comfortably but the rest of the division is average, do you really think we won't finish above a team like Altrincham then? I'll put my neck on the line and suggest for the first time in about a dozen years we win more than we lose which should easily see us top half, I know we used to be in the PL and that wouldn't be seen as progress but I'd personally see that as a step in the right direction.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

🧐 

Will it ever stop?

Not only that, they also failed to recognise National Bedwetting Week t'other week. How many of you lot forgot to wet your bed eh ?

Well I tried but the wife wouldn't hear of it for some reason.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Sorry but that isn't true, obviously the teams who come out of the NL are normally competitive in League 2 the following season because to win the NL takes some doing with one automatic out of 24 teams but a mid table team like Yeovil who finished with 59 would be getting battered in League 2, there are half dozen NL teams who could compete comfortably but the rest of the division is average, do you really think we won't finish above a team like Altrincham then? I'll put my neck on the line and suggest for the first time in about a dozen years we win more than we lose which should easily see us top half, I know we used to be in the PL and that wouldn't be seen as progress but I'd personally see that as a step in the right direction.

Which bit isn't true?  With the way things are at present I would take 5th bottom now.  Whether that ,means we finish above or below Altrincham doesn't bother me

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Which bit isn't true?  With the way things are at present I would take 5th bottom now.  Whether that ,means we finish above or below Altrincham doesn't bother me

Not going to happen, sorry to disappoint. 

38 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Mate of mine: “What’s your local derby next season then?”

Me: “Altrincham”

Mate of mine: “ 😱”…

48 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If you think there are only 6 teams that would compete comfortably in league 2, how is finishing top half a step in the right direction? We'd have to finish top 6 or else we'd be as shit or shitter than we were last season surely?

Archived