Today's Shitstorm.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Whether they like him or they don’t at the end of the day it’s his business.”

Which gives him the right to destroy a club [not merely a "business"] belonging to its fans?
The fucking buffoon! 

15 minutes ago, Wardie said:

“Whether they like him or they don’t at the end of the day it’s his business.”

Which gives him the right to destroy a club [not merely a "business"] belonging to its fans?
The fucking buffoon! 

It is his business and he can run it how he likes. Then again it's my time and money and I dont have to go.

Whether he likes it or not if he wants that business to work he needs the fans I.e. us onside. Because he can't replace us can he? Who is he going to get The United and City fans are going to start buying season tickets to watch Oldham in the national league are they? In the meantime the rent will be due the staff will need paying and the ground will need maintaining. None of which comes cheap.

He needs us more than some of you realise. 

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Does it include freebies and complimentary tickets?

No that's sold season tickets. Still a good couple of thousand down so the protest is having an effect, it would be half that if they hadn't announced it so early, I got a bit caught up with the Shez effect and regret buying although I probably only went to half the home games last season despite having one.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Thinking of the other people involved here.

Shez is Obi wan kenobi.

Matt Dean can be Luke Skywalker. 

"Luke, I am your father..." (Vader)

Luke...."Nooooooooooooooooooooo"

44 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

No that's sold season tickets. Still a good couple of thousand down so the protest is having an effect, it would be half that if they hadn't announced it so early, I got a bit caught up with the Shez effect and regret buying although I probably only went to half the home games last season despite having one.

You'd imagine that this is the older lot as I imagine the older generationare less likely to boycott and without trying to sound too unkind, are less likely to have too many alternative hobbies to fill the void of Saturday afternoon. I reckon we will have the oldest average of season ticket holders in the league next season  

18 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You'd imagine that this is the older lot as I imagine the older generationare less likely to boycott and without trying to sound too unkind, are less likely to have too many alternative hobbies to fill the void of Saturday afternoon. I reckon we will have the oldest average of season ticket holders in the league next season  

Just out of interest how old would one have to be to have no other hobbies?

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Very well said sir, and a mindset everyone should aspire to. However from my line of work- very few do. This making Glossop’s generalisation sadly true. 

I was up at my mum's 90th birthday party last weekend - I really hope that if I get to her age I have something approaching the social life of her and her circle of friends

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I was up at my mum's 90th birthday party last weekend - I really hope that if I get to her age I have something approaching the social life of her and her circle of friends

Inspiring isn’t it. 

Then you see 55 year olds who call themselves old or past it. 🤦🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Just out of interest how old would one have to be to have no other hobbies?

Well if you get over 65 you are less likely to be playing sport and doing physical activities so that rules out a fair amount of alternative hobbies . As you will likely be retired and have children that will no longer be dependent on you so that frees up quite abit of time and in some cases money. Plus the older generation is going to find it harder to give up generally as it's something they may have done this their whole life. 

I'm not saying it is a given and it's the rule or that the over 65s have nothing better to do that woukd be unfair it would also be unfair to say that the older supporters don't want a change of regime or for things to get better. Just that you're average Athletico who may be young passionate and even a touch idealistic will be more likely to protest and boycott than your average OAP in the main stand.

This isn't a dig at the older generation it's just my own observations.

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well if you get over 65 you are less likely to be playing sport and doing physical activities so that rules out a fair amount of alternative hobbies . As you will likely be retired and have children that will no longer be dependent on you so that frees up quite abit of time and in some cases money. Plus the older generation is going to find it harder to give up generally as it's something they may have done this their whole life. 

I'm not saying it is a given and it's the rule or that the over 65s have nothing better to do that woukd be unfair it would also be unfair to say that the older supporters don't want a change of regime or for things to get better. Just that you're average Athletico who may be young passionate and even a touch idealistic will be more likely to protest and boycott than your average OAP in the main stand.

Think it’s fair opinion most season tickets will be sold in the George hill which has a lot of older fans 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

That's OK then, I'm not 65 yet... 😀 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well this OAP has been running his own boycott for several years now. A boycott against shit football. I've only attended a few games per season, picking my games, seeing if things have improved, being disappointed. Going back when Shez came back. Falling away again when he wasn't backed by the owners. 

As for physical activities, well, I don't do cartwheels these days but get my adrenalin boosts from riding motorbikes all over the UK and Europe. So I do still get some kind of "boost" because lets face it, it's a long time since we had a boost at BP.

77yo no, can run fast and have lots of outside interests.

However, no matter the owner or which division we are in its the team I'm going to watch.

Having been around in 1959 when the club was floundering I know even things can soon change for the better as happened in 1960.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

77yo no, can run fast and have lots of outside interests.

However, no matter the owner or which division we are in its the team I'm going to watch.

Having been around in 1959 when the club was floundering I know even things can soon change for the better as happened in 1960.

Inspirational that. Fuck the kids who might want to see us playing league football in 10 / 20 years time as long as you have your fun.

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just a reminder everyone buying a season ticket (and you all have your reasons I know) you are contributing to this man's and salary and lifestyle.

An early bird season ticket for a senior costs £140… that works out at just over £6 per game.

Living on a state pension, as many do, that represents value. So hold that thought for a minute.

I cannot accept that this money is used in any other way than going towards the running costs of the club and towards paying wages/salaries.

He makes NO money from owning the badge. He takes NO money out of the club. (*)

So to say that this contributes to ‘this man’s salary and lifestyle’ is stretching a point somewhat. 

(*) In no way does this mean I support the guy or condone what his tenure has done to the club.

Archived