Today's Shitstorm.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I've attended all my life up to feeling the need to boycott. I've made the decision for next season before we've kicked a ball so I'm not sure how the level of success comes into it. 

Well if we were winning loads and we got to Wembley would it not be harder to miss that than a game v Dorking united on a Tuesday night?

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Fair enough, but we can't predict yet how the season will turn out as we haven't seen all Shez's signings, but from what I can see he's gearing to go back up straight away.

From two signings? Some conclusion. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Well if we were winning loads and we got to Wembley would it not be harder to miss that than a game v Dorking united on a Tuesday night?

Yes, but I've already decided for both scenarios. I don't see much point in discussing truisms. 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

there is no denying that things have changed at the club and Shez is now calling the shots, no Abdallah no interference from Mohamed with the only real negative being shitpeas involvement which is strange to say the least.

Steady on, Si. Same thing was said this time last year when Curle signed Hart/Clarke/Leutwiler/Hope/McGahey...

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

And so far, an even smaller squad of shite players!

Just now, Lee Sinnott said:

Steady on, Si. Same thing was said this time last year when Curle signed Hart/Clarke/Leutwiler/Hope/McGahey...

It's the middle of June, I'm happy so far and think those retained will be useful in the division below, like I've said we need three or four decent signings, couple of decent loans and I think we'll be up there, for whatever reason our fans seem to think the division we are going in is Leauge 2 level, it isn't I've watched plenty of football at that level to know the squad as it stands will be okay, obviously much depends on the next few signings but those predicting we'll struggle need to get their heads tested.

Just now, oafc 123 said:

He is still in charge due to being a club legend, not due to managerial record. 

To be fair we can judge him on his recruitment this time not woeful Mo's.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Fair comment, Abdallah in my view wants to sell in fact two potential buyers are in the wings the complication seems to be the North Stand and I suspect any buyer needs that clearing up, for whatever reason Abdallah is waiting for that to run its course but there is no denying that things have changed at the club and Shez is now calling the shots, no Abdallah no interference from Mohamed with the only real negative being shitpeas involvement which is strange to say the least.

How do you know it's not just because we have links with their agent or even due to Barry Owen?

9 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

When was Mo last arsed enough to be in charge of recruitment? 

8 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've got to be honest, I don't have much after the back end of last season...

Last season - Curle openly said he worked alongside the Sporting Director and signings needed to be agreed on both sides.

Paddy you're better than that, Shez had a sub standard squad he was doing OK with till flat cap came back (some say he was there all along but I didn't see odious character in the box) and has said judge him on his side recruited by him next season

He deserves that

The disrespect shown to Sheridan (as demonstrated by the cock telling him to fuck off on the pitch against Salford) is astounding 

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Last season - Curle openly said he worked alongside the Sporting Director and signings needed to be agreed on both sides.

Paddy you're better than that, Shez had a sub standard squad he was doing OK with till flat cap came back (some say he was there all along but I didn't see odious character in the box) and has said judge him on his side recruited by him next season

He deserves that

The disrespect shown to Sheridan (as demonstrated by the cock telling him to fuck off on the pitch against Salford) is astounding 

The last thing I have is disrespect for him. I thought he was foolish for coming back and I think he's foolish for staying on. But he lost 10 games in his last 12 and that's nowhere near good enough, regardless of the fiasco upstairs at the club...

A section of our fans are frothing at the mouth at the prospect of us having another poor season so they can all tell you I told you so, some support that given it's the 19th June and we are still a couple of weeks away from the squad reassembling and another seven weeks away from the season starting.

All of a sudden those who had every faith in him keeping us up when we were 10 points adrift are now writing him off before a ball is kicked even though he's promised to do all he can and work 24/7 to get us back to where he feels we belong and is working day and night to secure the players he thinks we need to do just that, sorry but I'll give Shez the benefit of the doubt here he deserves that in my eyes.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The last thing I have is disrespect for him. I thought he was foolish for coming back and I think he's foolish for staying on. But he lost 10 games in his last 12 and that's nowhere near good enough, regardless of the fiasco upstairs at the club...

And Selim would have lost even more

He gave us a chance with the worst team in history when we were buried

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt WITH HIS OWN PLAYERS

Though his faith in Stobbs concerns me 

38 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Many would of said the same if we had resigned Garrity for the season gone.....

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Many would of said the same if we had resigned Garrity for the season gone.....

Can we please stop pretending that Garrity was anything but absolutely awful for us

I'm pleased the lad has done well at Vale but I doubt he would have found the same form alongside Whelan last season 

Stobbs literally crosses to the disabled supporters in the RRE and has a dodgy medieval monk haircut 

51 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

All very valid points, although I don't think Mr Benachour (who should never work in football again after the Harrogate debacle) ever had a losing streak like the one Sheridan had and, as previously alluded to, also brought us the famous 5-5 win against Forest Green.

He has kept far too many players from last season's squad for my liking and I'm utterly bemused by his contract offers to Stobbs and Adams...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

All very valid points, although I don't think Mr Benachour (who should never work in football again after the Harrogate debacle) ever had a losing streak like the one Sheridan had and, as previously alluded to, also brought us the famous 5-5 win against Forest Green.

He has kept far too many players from last season's squad for my liking and I'm utterly bemused by his contract offers to Stobbs and Adams...

Agree on Stobbs

I think Adams would be OK in National League

Note: OK 

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Can we please stop pretending that Garrity was anything but absolutely awful for us

I'm pleased the lad has done well at Vale but I doubt he would have found the same form alongside Whelan last season 

Stobbs literally crosses to the disabled supporters in the RRE and has a dodgy medieval monk haircut 

I'm not disagreeing that Garrity was awful but plenty players have been wrote off on here and had careers at an higher level after leaving us, I liked Winchester but he'd get pelters on here regardless of what he did for us.

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

When was Mo last arsed enough to be in charge of recruitment? 

It does seem to be the go to response when players turn out crap that Mo is responsible for their signing. Many on twitter attributed Stobbs to be a Mo signing last year...

Archived