Fans XI v Latics XI

l reckon the crowd here will be higher than Latics average next season (under the current regime)

maybe not the published figure or the photo opp, but in terms of paying numbers theres a real chance.

sad AF that 😥.

whilst l'm at it, jus to confirm l will attend any home match next season l can jib.

l am 100% behind the NOT A PENNY MORE campaign, but those of you who know me personal know how much l enjoy a jib so l will be attending the odd random home match wo feeling in the slightest bit guilty.

in fact, l always get a rather superior feeling upon completion of a successful mission 😂😂😂😂

fuckinell that wandered

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick note to wish everybody well for the game tomorrow, I hope it goes well and that you all enjoy it.

All recovery journeys have to start somewhere and - who knows ? - this might be it for you. I think back to a protest meeting we had back in 2016 or so that had to be held twice because that many people turned up that they couldn't all get in the venue. That was when we probably grasped the size of the support there was for real change. All the best.

12 hours ago, Mercater said:

Wake up Barry Owen, Oh when will you go, you're a day dream believer and an absolute cunt

can we change it a bit??

fuck off barrrrry owen, oh when will you go, youre a freee lunch inhaler and an absolute cuntt

17 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

Just a quick note to wish everybody well for the game tomorrow, I hope it goes well and that you all enjoy it.

All recovery journeys have to start somewhere and - who knows ? - this might be it for you. I think back to a protest meeting we had back in 2016 or so that had to be held twice because that many people turned up that they couldn't all get in the venue. That was when we probably grasped the size of the support there was for real change. All the best.

lve tagged it up as the beginning of the new beginning in my bonce already

3 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Hey up, they can't even agree on the attendance!

:wink:

It is fair to say someone (no names mentioned 😂) had jumped the gun with the attendance figure which ended up being incorrect 😁

7 minutes ago, Mercater said:

Had a great day and would like to thanl the organisers, ex-players, fans team, volunteers and AvroFC for hosting and say what a good setup they have

I would agree 100% with Mercater - a grand day out - well organised and very entertaining. Considering Forte retired with a knee injury 3 years ago we could do with him back (and how about the number 8 on the fans team - he was OK too!!)

Thanks to all who organised it - you did amazing!!:OASISscarf:

I was unbelievably impressed with the setup at Avro. I ordered a season ticket there on the back of it - I'll probably only go to 3 or 4 but well worth it from Avro's point of view for the money I'd put into buying food and drinks. I'd heard it was a good setup but for NW counties standard, it absolutely blew my mind...

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I was unbelievably impressed with the setup at Avro. I ordered a season ticket there on the back of it - I'll probably only go to 3 or 4 but well worth it from Avro's point of view for the money I'd put into buying food and drinks. I'd heard it was a good setup but for NW counties standard, it absolutely blew my mind...

Suitable for ground sharing maybe...

49 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

My son coaches a  Ladies Team, Mancunian Unity who played in the curtain raiser before the Legends game on Sunday. 

They play their home games at AVRO and I have to agree with you LS that the set up there is first class!! 

The food is amazing for football scran, the staff and volunteers are great and the bar is a top facility too. 

I am taking them up on their offer of a season ticket as their home midweek matches are on Wednesdays so in all likelihood will get to 3 or 4 of their home games again next season. 

Good club, good people, wish OAFC was still like that       

5 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Ironically didn't we help to turf them out of the site at the bottom of Broadway?

Now the dust has settled on the Fans v Legends match, may I congratulate all those who helped organise it and make it happen, it was a lovely day seeing so many Latics fans happy for a day and forgetting the issues that our club has and instead just enjoying the fact that for whatever reason, we all chose OAFC as our club. 

Big thanks to all the players for turning up and to fans for giving what they could for the cause. 

One day hopefully we will have our club back and maybe we might look back at this event as the time that our supporters found our Mojo and decided that yes, the struggle is worth it and we can make a difference. 

Well done OASF Foundation, PTB and all volunteers for standing up and being counted and delivering such a great event     

not really no. if the Failsworth move went ahead then their base wouldn't now be a housing estate.

we were in the process of somehow doing the dirty on them and at least one other local club. l cant remember the details, just that mentioning Corney or Latics to this day can fire up an angry reaction in some local youth Football related individuals.

Archived