Ben Tollitt signs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Linky

Surely that means the takeover has got over the line just awaiting the announcement?

Thoughts on the player anyone?

He played in the team last Saturday where non of our players were particularly good including this lad so difficult to offer any thoughts other than Shez must see something in him. Having said that Shez re signed Stobbs...........

11 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Maybe the manager is judging him off what he's seen in training rather than a one-off performance?

We don't need players who've trained well, let's see how he gets on but I'd be worried if he's the level of player we are now in for.

So we sign a winger who didn't play on the wing in an unimpressive trial, preferring the ineffective Stobbs?

Seems the new regime won't be putting much money into the team plans, hope the team does ok, but I wonder how fans will react if results go badly?

I did see the odd flash of ability from him though like his sharp turn in the penalty area only to blast the ball high and wide so perhaps Shez has seen something in training we haven't.

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

bc the takeover hasnt gone thru and DG won't sign for AL. thought we all knew that two weeks ago?

But Gardner knows AL is going so that doesnt make sense.

44 minutes ago, latics22 said:

He’s toilet !

Really?? Did alright as a wide forward and as a centre mid on Saturday. He's versatile and same build as Porter, expect to see him up top when Porter's struggling.

Tolls was on loan with us a few years ago. Weighed in with a few goals but overall a disappointing player.  Flatters to deceive, goes on many a mazy run with zero end product.  Lovely lad though off the pitch. Feels like a last chance saloon for the lad. 

Know a friend of a friend of his...

Apparently he's a lot better than his trial game showing.

He played a couple of pre season games for Hartlepool before he came here and did well by all accounts.

According to the lad I know he should have been playing at a much higher level but suffered a really bad injury and has had to try and rebuild his career since.

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We don't need players who've trained well, let's see how he gets on but I'd be worried if he's the level of player we are now in for.

But we want to be signing players off the back of one game?

Shez obviously sees something in him, let's at least let him have a couple of competitive games before we write him off completely eh?

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I did see the odd flash of ability from him though like his sharp turn in the penalty area only to blast the ball high and wide so perhaps Shez has seen something in training we haven't.

39 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Maybe the manager is judging him off what he's seen in training rather than a one-off performance?

52 minutes ago, IanMarshall's Mullet said:

He played in the team last Saturday where non of our players were particularly good including this lad so difficult to offer any thoughts other than Shez must see something in him. Having said that Shez re signed Stobbs...........

This is really starting to wear a bit thin.

I always thought we would be able to pick up some players with half decent league experience but we seem to be signing Journeymen non league players. I’ve not seen this guy play but from his career he just looks shite and below what we should be going for. All for a young player from league below who can improve but he’s clearly not that. Not really impressed if I’m honest 

Archived