MATCH: vs Dorking Wanderers (H) 13/08/22

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HarryBosch said:

What was this...? 

Falling over drunk, tried going behind the bar because they wouldn't serve her. Collapsed on the floor, some fans who were first aiders went over to help her and she was abusing them. Ended up being carted away in an ambulance. I actually thought she had something wrong with her but she commented on a Facebook post that she doesn't know when to stop drinking...

43 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

on the flip side their No 3 who probably works Monday to Friday showed him how to play was a constant threat and he deserves to be playing on a full time basis.

Said earlier Taylor (No3) is one our scouts should be looking at. Surprisingly he wasn't picked for Dorking's opener. Him or Stobbs?

That said he's had some clubs once loans are taken into account.

A lot of over reaction here. If Hope was a half decent finisher he's got a hatrick at half time. He missed the target with two sitters.

It was their biggest ever game, they've barely lost for 20 years, they were bound to up their levels against us. Don't forget we've got lads in from non league this year, that could have been the biggest crowd they played infront of. All that brass band bollocks and the procession efc won't have helped with any pre match nerves. 

Gardner is our best and with the current set up most important player. Bring him back in we control the ball more. Add 3 or 4 loans in who can keep the ball / finish and we will be more than competitive. 

27 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Falling over drunk, tried going behind the bar because they wouldn't serve her. Collapsed on the floor, some fans who were first aiders went over to help her and she was abusing them. Ended up being carted away in an ambulance. I actually thought she had something wrong with her but she commented on a Facebook post that she doesn't know when to stop drinking...

The exact reason I no longer do it

44 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I've just watched the full match back and we are a million miles behind Dorking, what I missed watching live on Saturday was our lack of desire and determination to close Dorking down, fucking embarrassing seeing some of them swan around only interested when the ball was at their feet, what a breath of fresh air Dorking were, committing players forward and trying to take the game to us from minute one.

Didn't realise Clarke had played so bad not sure if he found a blue shirt all afternoon, Luamba when he came on couldn't be arsed tracking back after he was turning the ball over - criminal and bone idle. Hogan man of the match, thought he had a nightmare last 15, decided he wasn't going to mark and stood off his player resulting in both goals, looked the best player for 70 minutes but that was schoolboy defending. Angol is anonymous sits in but you are going to get nothing out of him going forward, lack of desire is alarming, on the flip side their No 3 who probably works Monday to Friday showed him how to play was a constant threat and he deserves to be playing on a full time basis.

As good as Tollitt was going forward I dont think we can afford to play him and Burgess in the same team, neither wants to press the ball or put any sort of pressure on the oppositions midfield.

Stobbs well I don't even know what to say anymore so will leave it at that.

As for Dorking I think they will push for playoffs, how refreshing to have a manager whose 1st thought is to score goals, accepts they will concede but backs his team, currently we will do well to finish above them, they will score goals against anyone and if they cut out the individual errors they could be right up there, man for man you'd take at least 6 or 7 of their players and they'd walk straight in to our team.

Anyway despite all that unbeaten in 2 and on to the next one. :OASISscarf:

There was one cross from Stobbs from the right in the first half that went so high and out of play I wondered if the ball might leave the stadium!

I wish I could get that kind of height when I'm playing golf 😆

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

There was one cross from Stobbs from the right in the first half that went so high and out of play I wondered if the ball might leave the stadium!

I wish I could get that kind of height when I'm playing golf 😆

If it’s the one I think you’re referring to he wasn’t under any pressure from a defender either!

He’s consistently a 3/10 every week and it’s simply not good enough!

He’s very lucky to be playing even at this level…..has there been any improvement in his game whatsoever?If there has then I’ve certainly not seen it!

It is definitely one of the positions we need to address with a loanee!!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I've just watched the full match back and we are a million miles behind Dorking, what I missed watching live on Saturday was our lack of desire and determination to close Dorking down, fucking embarrassing seeing some of them swan around only interested when the ball was at their feet, what a breath of fresh air Dorking were, committing players forward and trying to take the game to us from minute one.

I’ve only seen the hour and a half highlights, but come on - we’re not a million miles behind Dorking. We won the game!

They had chances, but so did we. Hope could have had a hat-trick. Dorking gave it a good go, but this was the biggest game in their short history. Like a cup tie. As I say, all the pressure was on us.

I think a lot of people thought Dorking were going to be a load of 50 year old men with beer guts, because they’re part time. They were always going to give us a game - they’ve been infinitely better run than we have in the last four years..

It’ll be tough again tomorrow. Bite your hand off for a sneaky 1-0 win…

41 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I’ve only seen the hour and a half highlights, but come on - we’re not a million miles behind Dorking. We won the game!

They had chances, but so did we. Hope could have had a hat-trick. Dorking gave it a good go, but this was the biggest game in their short history. Like a cup tie. As I say, all the pressure was on us.

I think a lot of people thought Dorking were going to be a load of 50 year old men with beer guts, because they’re part time. They were always going to give us a game - they’ve been infinitely better run than we have in the last four years..

It’ll be tough again tomorrow. Bite your hand off for a sneaky 1-0 win…

We didn't deserve to win it though and they looked far more assured going forward, I get it being there big day out but they are not renowned as a team that travels well despite their success, I'd snap your hand off for any sort of win tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He was a 7/10 at Torquay.

Which is the frustration, something not quite adding up for me and I hope if Shez perseveres he can approach games in the same way he did at Torquay, their left back terrorised him all game and he didn't even get close to him. Saying that he'd of had Couto on toast.

50 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Which is the frustration, something not quite adding up for me and I hope if Shez perseveres he can approach games in the same way he did at Torquay, their left back terrorised him all game and he didn't even get close to him. Saying that he'd of had Couto on toast.

There is talent there with Stobbs. He's certainly no wing back as his concentration isn't good enough. We're in the poverty league and need to get used to players with one or two assets and 3 or 4 deficiencies. 

Fondop can't use his feet, midfielders who can't pass the ball, defenders who are slower than Harrison Mcgahey's metabolism. It's a whole new world.

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No there isn’t, there really isn’t!

Saw enough that he can produce crosses of good quality. I don't think he's helped being RWB at times as he clearly has no defensive instincts.

Needs consistency and Sheridan clearly sees something there with him. Bar far the best delivery in the squad this season and last. Defo think he could be a weapon with Porter and or Fondop in the box.

8 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Saw enough that he can produce crosses of good quality. I don't think he's helped being RWB at times as he clearly has no defensive instincts.

Needs consistency and Sheridan clearly sees something there with him. Bar far the best delivery in the squad this season and last. Defo think he could be a weapon with Porter and or Fondop in the box.

Adams would have something to say about that. Just seen the highlights of Stobbs being 1 v 1 down the wing and just cross/shot into the side netting. He’s crap 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Adams would have something to say about that. Just seen the highlights of Stobbs being 1 v 1 down the wing and just cross/shot into the side netting. He’s crap 

I hope you mean Neil and not Nicky. I'd not trust Nicky Adams to cross the road from what I saw last season.

The biggest signing we’ve made in years is Hogan. He’s head and shoulders above anything we’ve had. Pidge isn’t fit enough to lace his boots, he reminds me of a young Peter Clarke.

When we go up this year, I’ve seen in two games that he’d walk through league 2. I can guarantee Hogan will be the fans player of the year.

34 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Do you think it is that Sheridan sees something in him or is it just that there is nobody else to play out there? Priority signing has to be a right winger for me...

15 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

The biggest signing we’ve made in years is Hogan. He’s head and shoulders above anything we’ve had. Pidge isn’t fit enough to lace his boots, he reminds me of a young Peter Clarke.

When we go up this year, I’ve seen in two games that he’d walk through league 2. I can guarantee Hogan will be the fans player of the year.

Steady on. He played well but don't forget it was against plumbers and electricians. Him being mentioned in the same breath as Peter Clarke is a bit bizarre at this stage...

Archived